+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Question regarding this work experience subject: on my EE profile I have added 2 work experiences, each around 36-40 months. I worked for an airliner during 3 years and 1 month, and nowadays I work for another airliner since then (almost 4 years and counting). Yet, since I changed roles during that period on the second company, I only mentioned a period of 36 months.
The reason for that is because when my previous boss left the company (and I was lucky that happened exactly in the month I would complete 3 yrs being employed there), I took the opportunity and told him about my immigration plans and asked him for the experience letter. After that, I took his role as the chief of the Quality assurance team. But, I'm not mentioning this new role on my EE profile.

My main question is: Once i receive my ITA and add to the personal history section that I continue to work for the same company, do you guys think IRCC will ask for a new letter, mentioning the position change? Because that would be extremely hard to get, since now I report directly to the Maintenance Director, and if I tell him about my plans, I'll probably get fired in the coming weeks after that.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Question regarding this work experience subject: on my EE profile I have added 2 work experiences, each around 36-40 months. I worked for an airliner during 3 years and 1 month, and nowadays I work for another airliner since then (almost 4 years and counting). Yet, since I changed roles during that period on the second company, I only mentioned a period of 36 months.
The reason for that is because when my previous boss left the company (and I was lucky that happened exactly in the month I would complete 3 yrs being employed there), I took the opportunity and told him about my immigration plans and asked him for the experience letter. After that, I took his role as the chief of the Quality assurance team. But, I'm not mentioning this new role on my EE profile.

My main question is: Once i receive my ITA and add to the personal history section that I continue to work for the same company, do you guys think IRCC will ask for a new letter, mentioning the position change? Because that would be extremely hard to get, since now I report directly to the Maintenance Director, and if I tell him about my plans, I'll probably get fired in the coming weeks after that.
You need reference letter only if you claim points for that job.

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020

that makes sense. But isn't this rule is there "that we should obtain our experience letter with dates of post-ITA"?

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020

And I have experience of 8 years and currently, I am working at a different institute. But is it okay to show the experience of only one employer of 3 years?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
PNP Draw. And CEC will follow with points between 435-440
Nobody knows anything for sure. I reckon that based on the events this past couple of days, tomorrow's draw changes everything. Safe to say that if tomorrow's draw isn't FSW inclusive, we are going to be waiting for a long time.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
You need to provide reference letter for all the jobs you have mentioned in your EE profile even if you don't get points for them. Normally people include only 3 years of work experience in EE profile and provide reference letters, rest of the work experience should be included in the persoal history section of e-APR. The only reason to include more than 3 years of work experience is to become eligible under the 67 grid point assessment to qualify as FSW.
I’ve provided one job in my EE profile where Ive worked part time as a customer service rep for hardly 8 months and was employed by a staffing company. This was 5 years ago. I don’t know if I could get a reference letter from them.

What would you suggest I do?