+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
Hello Mystic

I think your verdict on express entry is ridiculous, given the situation your 461 score has nothing to do with you contributing towards Canadian economy on the other I believe that giving a chance to inland applicants should be prioritized as they possess valid job offer and are paying taxes. And talking about FSW in this catastrophic time it’s a rational decision by IRCC By not inviting them inviting FSW applicants. It’s very absurd for you to say a inland applicant of 420 score is worthless as a matter of fact a cec applicant with 420 score would have a NOC 0 A B canadian experience which weighs more then your 461 points. Canadian immigration has always supported Outland applicants but in this tough times it’s a rational decision.
Sorry Lady if you got offended. But my point is lack of transparency. I am 100% fine if they prioritise CEC class. Also, if you are questioning my claim whether if a candidate with 470 score is more valuable than a candidate with 420 score. Yes, that is what Canadian Immigration thinks & it is how their Express entry system is designed. Now, go question the system and not me. If all they need is some working class people, they can just staple PR's to the job offer letters. If that is what you want, RIP Canadian Immigration. You paying taxes doesn't translate to skill that will add to economic growth. I did not use the word 'Worthless''. And to me no being on this planet is Worthless. I hate that word coming from a progressive mindset. Just don't misinterpret what people say and lash out for no reason. We all are dreamers.

WorldTraeller

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Guys, I am in a very unfortunate situation . I got OINP nomination at 432(CEC INLAND). I have all other documents but lost IELTS TRF. I have tried to contact the institution where I have taken the exam and they are closed till June 2. I am afraid they may reamain closed even after June 2. I know IELTS TRF is not needed for EE but OINP is asking to upload that document.
Please suggest if I should take a screenshot of the result from their website(with my candidate number and name) and attach a LOE that I cannot get a duplicate TRF because of covid-19 ? I am sure ontario can check my result with my candidate number. Please suggest what should I be doing ? Is there chances of rejection based on that ? Should I wait for EE call as for CEC it might drop further.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Also, if you are questioning my claim whether if a candidate with 470 score is more valuable than a candidate with 420 score. Yes, that is what Canadian Immigration thinks & it is how their Express entry system is designed.
Canadian immigration system was designed for the normal circumstances. When Covid pandemic happened, which resulted in a huge spike of unemployment rate, that system was no longer representative. They could have changed the scoring process to the one that would reflect the current situation, but it's too much of an effort. Instead, it's easier to prioritize certain categories.

In this case, it makes more sense to invite those who are more likely to obtain employment in the country. That is, the people who have Canadian experience or possess skills that are needed in a specific province.

You paying taxes doesn't translate to skill that will add to economic growth.
That is exactly what is needed to add to economic growth. No skill is useful if you can't find a way to apply it either through business or employment. Right now there are huge problems with both.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Guys, I am in a very unfortunate situation . I got OINP nomination at 432(CEC INLAND). I have all other documents but lost IELTS TRF. I have tried to contact the institution where I have taken the exam and they are closed till June 2. I am afraid they may reamain closed even after June 2. I know IELTS TRF is not needed for EE but OINP is asking to upload that document.
Please suggest if I should take a screenshot of the result from their website(with my candidate number and name) and attach a LOE that I cannot get a duplicate TRF because of covid-19 ? I am sure ontario can check my result with my candidate number. Please suggest what should I be doing ? Is there chances of rejection based on that ? Should I wait for EE call as for CEC it might drop further.
Most institutions have online portal where you can order additional TRFs https://www.georgebrown.ca/ielts/results/order-additional-test-reports
I had emailed the institution when i had this issue
You can go the route of just webpage and LOE but they will loopback with incomplete application whenever they assess your application. Usually that gives you 14 days to submit missing docs but it delays the application.

Reactions: WorldTraeller

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Please I need your help on this matter. I already have an invitation under the CEC category. I applied as a spouse not accompanying which gave me 467points, with a spouse I get 447 points. looking at the trend now do you this I can create another profile with spouse accompanying and when we get an invitation I decline the first one
Did you already submit the application with non accompanying spouse? If you have not yet, there's a very good chance for you to take a calculated risk by declining your current ITA and modify your profile by changing to Spouse Accompanying. In two weeks' time, IRCC will most likely have another CEC only draw where ITA cut off will surely be below 447.

If you already submitted your application, I believe you would need to withdraw it before you can create another EE profile. I am not 100% sure though. Let's wait and see more responses.

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
Canadian immigration system was designed for the normal circumstances. When Covid pandemic happened, which resulted in a huge spike of unemployment rate, that system was no longer representative. They could have changed the scoring process to the one that would reflect the current situation, but it's too much of an effort. Instead, it's easier to prioritize certain categories.

In this case, it makes more sense to invite those who are more likely to obtain employment in the country. That is, the people who have Canadian experience or possess skills that are needed in a specific province.

That is exactly what is needed to add to economic growth. No skill is useful if you can't find a way to apply it either through business or employment. Right now there are huge problems with both.
I see. Do you work for IRCC? Your response sounds like so.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Congratulations to all the candidates who received their ITA in this draw. I feel gutted for FSW candidates who have been waiting in the pool for months now. I am sure the general draws are not happening right now due to the lack of resources, not some kind of prioritization.

Sit tight, general draws will be back soon.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I see. Do you work for IRCC? Your response sounds like so.
I do work in the Federal government but not IRCC. This is my personal opinion. I have nothing against FSW category, since I was FSW myself, but I can see the logic in the actions of IRCC.

WorldTraeller

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Most institutions have online portal where you can order additional TRFs https://www.georgebrown.ca/ielts/results/order-additional-test-reports
I had emailed the institution when i had this issue
You can go the route of just webpage and LOE but they will loopback with incomplete application whenever they assess your application. Usually that gives you 14 days to submit missing docs but it delays the application.
Thanks dude but they do not have any link where I can order additional copy . I sat for exam in PRECISE SOLUTION,2300 EGLINTON street. They are not even replying in mail. I am not sure what can I do, feeling very depressed. I am so close yet could not get it just because I lost language TRF :( .

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Canada doesn't need to open its borders to give ITAs to CEC candidates. We still need to wait over half a year for applications to be processed. And even after that, the CoPR could just be extended.

If there's an FSW draw this month, all we get is an invitation to apply online, not an invitation to hop on a plane and cross the Canadian border in a few days.
Society might not be normal for years. Canada is much more cautious than other countries right now. Many cec are also people who are already in Canada. So they don't have to travel

Fanta91

May 12, 2020
Hi Friends,

I am applying for express entry in June (My IELTS for March 2020 test got cancelled because of COVID19), but I am seeing in the latest draw 149 the tie breaking date was in 2019.

Even if i have enough points it seems like it will take some time until the tie breaking rule will arrive in June 2020, right?

Does that mean I might have to wait months before I'm within the "tie break date" and at that point the scores are probably back to higher score 475+ ?

I am anticipating a worst case scenario minimum score of 465 for my application which would be enough right now but possibly not in a few months, is there a system to the tiebreak date, does it jump a few months every draw or rather slowly ?

Thank you!