+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

R888

May 15, 2020
It’s been very frustrating because IRCC only invites CEC candidates with way lower score than mine. I am a inland FSW candidate, having over 500 points. My IELTS result will be expired in 1 and half year... So I still have some time, but who knows when IRCC will resume conducting FSW draws....

I’m literally crying that I can’t do anything for this right now, other than waiting.

Reactions: jrossi

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Right. Because spending 4 years of your life away from home with no guarantee of finding stable employment in Canada afterwards is that easy.

You're right. Canadian experience and Canadian education is not just a phrase. It's the reality. It is just so difficult to find a high skilled job in Canada if you don't have Canadian experience or education. Now it's more difficult than ever because there are many Canadians in the job the market.

I didn't think that the word "Canadian" means so much here. I, with the a US MBA degree from a very reputable business school and international as well as US experience thought that it's not a big deal. Now I know that having Canadian experience or education is a huge deal.
I know you are being sarcastic but it was not my intention to make it sound easy. It could work for those who are not able to get an ITA with just foreign education and skilled work experience. In my opinion, a candidate with both foreign work experience and Canadian work experience would have a much better score than the ones with just Canadian work experience.

For the record, I am a CEC candidate and already received my ITA in April. I would have received it even if it was a general all program draw. There's no guarantee for anyone to find stable employment once they land in Canada. I say this as a person who struggled to get a minimum wage part-time job as a student. I guess that really was a blessing in disguise as the rest is history now. I just wanted to tell people that it's possible to be successful in Canada despite what some fear mongers say in this forum.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Clearly there is a scoring system in place for express entry. If a higher score doesn't indicate quality of a candidate as a suitable immigrant to Canada, what does it indicate? I get that the term offends you, but I didn't create the system. We all get scored, and there's a minimum cut-off every time. Ultimately, Canada wants higher scoring applicants. If they could fill the quota with people all scoring above 1000, I'm sure they would.

I get a higher score for doing my Master's overseas. A CEC candidate gets a higher score for having Canadian work experience. Different paths, but they end at the same result - a higher "quality" candidate for economic viability, as a permanent immigrant to Canada. It's not offensive, it's fact.
Exactly.
I honestly don't get why people get so upset when someone in this forum compares candidates at 440 and 490, for example. I mean, that's how IRCC has designed the CRS score criteria. It's not my opinion that a Phd's degree is more valuable to the Canadian economy than 1 year of a college program or 1 year of Canadian experience, it's IRCC opinion. Otherwise, if IRCC believed Canadian Experience was the most important asset of all, they would give +200 points for that (which would basically turn away every single FSW candidate).
You know what is more important than a Phd's degree? I'll tell you: a province that declares explicit interest in your profile. How do I know that? Well, because IRCC will give you 600 points for that.
So, even if you don't have a CLB9, Canadian experience, or a Master's, but you have a NOI, guess what: Congratulations, you're a better candidate than the others below you! Period.

People, seriously, Express Entry is a competition. Understand that. Yes, a 490 candidate is, at IRCC's perspective, a better candidate than one at 440. I don't get why we continue to discuss that. Really. Go read the CRS score criteria page, and all the answers for the "who's a valuable permanent resident for Canada" question are right there.

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
So, let me get this straight. People with a Canadian Bachelor's degree and one year of Canadian work experience are getting ITAs now and can still get an ITA in a general draw given that their language skills are up to par. If that's the case, all one has to do is enroll in a program in Canada that gets you a PGWP, gain one year of skilled work experience, get an ITA and apply for PR. That sounds easier than staying back in your home country where you have to do a master's degree (in a recognized institute), gain 3+ years of skilled work experience, and get CLB 10 in IELTS or CELPIP just to get an ITA.

Edit: All I am saying is the Canadian government is indeed placing a lot of emphasis on Canadian education and work experience. I am not here to debate.
Well all that. And you have to time that with a global pandemic that shuts down travel worldwide. And that slows the economy down for years to come. I wouldn't really call that "all you have to do"

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Exactly.
I honestly don't get why people get so upset when someone in this forum compares candidates at 440 and 490, for example. I mean, that's how IRCC has designed the CRS score criteria. It's not my opinion that a Master's degree is more valuable to the Canadian economy than 1 year of a college program or 1 year of Canadian experience, it's IRCC opinion. Otherwise, if IRCC believed Canadian Experience was the most important asset of all, they would give +200 points for that (which would basically turn away every single FSW candidate).
You know what is more important than a Master's degree? I'll tell you: a province that declares explicit interest in your profile. How do I know that? Well, because IRCC will give you 600 points for that.
So, even if you don't have a CLB9, Canadian experience, or a Master's, but you have a NOI, guess what: Congratulations, you're a better candidate than the others below you! Period.

People, seriously, Express Entry is a competition. Understand that. Yes, a 490 candidate is, at IRCC's perspective, a better candidate than one at 440. I don't get why we continue to discuss that. Really. Go read the CRS score criteria page, and all the answers for the "who's a valuable permanent resident for Canada" question are right there.
This exactly. IRCC has criteria that a lot of us may or may not agree with. They rank us based on these criteria and only the top-ranked candidates get the ITAs. This is too funny to pass. I don't mean to offend anyone but from the perspective of IRCC, the troll with 92 points was better than others because he/she had a nomination from a province. Don't believe me? The cut-off for Draw #145 on April 29, 2020 was 692, meaning the lowest-ranked candidate had 92 points for human capital. He/she is better than someone with a lot of skilled work experience and probably a PhD without a provincial nomination. It is silly to argue which category is better than others. IRCC is inviting CEC candidates because they don't have resources to do FSW draws yet. Please stop attacking each other and try being nice to others!

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Well all that. And you have to time that with a global pandemic that shuts down travel worldwide. And that slows the economy down for years to come. I wouldn't really call that "all you have to do"
Did you read my post fully? A candidate with that profile could still get an ITA in a general all-program draw if their language skills are up to par. In a purely hypothetical scenario without the pandemic, they would have still received an ITA.

Road.to.canada20

May 14, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone! I believed that FSW draws stopped due to Covid 19 and, since traveling has almost entirely been stopped, It made sense to invite people who are already in Canada... However,I’ve seen people who are outside of Canada receiving an ITA on the recent PNP draw. Maybe they are not having FSW draws because it’s more complicated to analyze the documents and when you receive a ITA with PNP, in theory, your documents have been analyzed by the province inviting you?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
It's not my opinion that a Phd's degree is more valuable to the Canadian economy than 1 year of a college program or 1 year of Canadian experience, it's IRCC opinion.
One question for you then: Today's draw cut off score if 447. You have 475. Why didn't you get an ITA?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
It's called: COVID-19.
Right. It is also called a CEC draw. So as of today the opinion of IRCC is that having a 1 year of Canadian work experience is more valuable than having a PhD degree from overseas.
Don't you agree?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Lol, people are getting the wrong idea here. I will say it here for the 100th time here, CEC candidates are not getting ITAs because IRCC is giving preference to them even though their twitter handle might give you this idea. Why do you think PNPs are turning to inland candidates as well? The current situation caused by COVID-19. If we never had this pandemic, we would still be having general draws. If IRCC really prefers CEC candidates, they would have had CEC draws all these years.

It's important for everyone to know that CEC candidates with scores less than 468 are getting ITAs now only because of pure luck. You can disagree with me on this but it is what it is.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Lol, people are getting the wrong idea here. I will say it here for the 100th time here, CEC candidates are not getting ITAs because IRCC is giving preference to them even though their twitter handle might give you this idea. Why do you think PNPs are turning to inland candidates as well? The current situation caused by COVID-19. If we never had this pandemic, we would still be having general draws. If IRCC really prefers CEC candidates, they would have had CEC draws all these years.

It's important for everyone to know that CEC candidates with scores less than 468 are getting ITAs now only because of pure luck. You can disagree with me on this but it is what it is.
But we do have the pandemic. It doesn't make sense to talk about what could have happened if the reality is different. CEC candidates are getting ITAs because they 1+ year of Canadian experience and they do qualify for CEC category. As long as you have this 1 year of Canadian experience, you get ITA. That is all that matters right now.

Reactions: NiclasB

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
But we do have the pandemic. It doesn't make sense to talk about what could have happened if the reality is different. CEC candidates are getting ITAs because they 1+ year of Canadian experience and they do qualify for CEC category. As long as you have this 1 year of Canadian experience, you get ITA. That is all that matters right now.
Lol. Now, you are just playing with the words. CEC candidates are not getting ITAs over FSW candidates because of the awesomeness of Canadian work experience. I do agree that Canadian work experience plays a significant role in a candidate's CRS score. Let the FSW candidates be frustrated as it's how anyone would feel after spending a lot of time and money on this. As someone who got an ITA with just one year of Canadian work experience, I do feel sorry for people who got screwed due to this pandemic.

Sure, it's a good time to be a CEC candidate but why can't we acknowledge the fact that it came at the expense of outland candidates? You know what? CEC candidates with scores below 468 are having their time now but once the general draws resume, the argument that CEC candidates are somehow preferred over FSW candidates won't just stand as it's not the case. It's plain as simple as that.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Lol. Now, you are just playing with the words. CEC candidates are not getting ITAs over FSW candidates because of the awesomeness of Canadian work experience. I do agree that Canadian work experience plays a significant role in a candidate's CRS score. Let the FSW candidates be frustrated as it's how anyone would feel after spending a lot of time and money on this. As someone who got an ITA with just one year of Canadian work experience, I do feel sorry for people who got screwed due to this pandemic.
I am not playing with words. You guys are saying that overseas degree or whatever is superior to the Canadian work experience in the eyes of IRCC. Right now it's not the case. And yes, COVID-19 is the reason.

You know what? CEC candidates with scores below 468 are having their time now but once the general draws resume, the argument that CEC candidates are somehow preferred over FSW candidates won't just stand as it's not the case. It's plain as simple as that.
Exactly. When the regular draws resume, the situation will be different and IRCC will prioritize other candidates based on the factors they decide are relevant at that time.

It tomorrow IRCC decides that it wants only those candidates who can jump through the hoops and you will be there with PhD and many years of foreign experience but you can't jump, well... Too bad for you.

Reactions: NiclasB