+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

Chris1994

Jul 23, 2019
Canada won't start processing these until 19 May
  • visitor visas (including transit visas)
  • eTAs
  • study permits
  • work permits
So today being another CEC draw doesn't come at any surprise. If they can start processing work permits, surely we will see a comeback in FSW draws.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
You're not wrong but let's be honest, Canada is the best combination of a progressive immigration system as well as a robust economy. I doubt NZ can compete in the economy+jobs part and the US would struggle to compete in the progressive immigration part. I mean that's why we're all here. Let's hope things get back to normal as soon as possible :)
Agreed. :)

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
  • eTAs
  • study permits
  • work permits
So today being another CEC draw doesn't come at any surprise. If they can start processing work permits, surely we will see a comeback in FSW draws.
Do you know where we can find a statement online about this?

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
  • eTAs
  • study permits
  • work permits
Declaration of Emergency in Ontario has been extended until June 2. This might be a sign that visas/permits won't be processed until at least end of may...

Reactions: jitesh2013

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
On the other side, the 470s were taking all the chances and making no way for others.
It's okay to conduct CEC draws and ease those who were under immense pressure.
I would say CEC draws can happen for a month or two and then resume all draws. This way, long-struggling CEC candidates (with low score for whatever reason) can also breathe without the intervention of the 470s or the 480s.
IRCC too must have thought to give other people a chance too and pause the 470s.
But yes, roughly after 2 months, there is a high chance that all draws can resume and 470s (FSW dudes) will be back in action again

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
On the other side, the 470s were taking all the chances and making no way for others.
It's okay to conduct CEC draws and ease those who were under immense pressure.
I would say CEC draws can happen for a month or two and then resume all draws. This way, long-struggling CEC candidates (with low score for whatever reason) can also breathe without the intervention of the 470s or the 480s.
IRCC too must have thought to give other people a chance too and pause the 470s.
But yes, roughly after 2 months, there is a high chance that all draws can resume and 470s (FSW dudes) will be back in action again
IRCC didn't think the CECs 'deserved' this. It is all situational.

Oct 16, 2019
Also IRCC cannot announce for no FSW or FST draws for any duration. Because if they do, then people will stop giving IELTS, CELPIP and take ECA , even if they get a chance, and these also contribute financially to Canada. So they will not want another source of income to stop.

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
I am seriously surprised to see no FSW draws for straight 3 months and also with no announcements from IRCC. They are still trying to meet their immigration targets by just inviting their inland applicants but not external immigrants. Wondering how low will they go score wise for the CEC class? Below into 420s? Possible! It's kind of funny they think a candidate with CEC 420 would add more value to the economy than a FSW candidate with 470+ score.

Seriously disappointed. But guess we can do nothing but to wait. I am ok if they no longer wanted to take external candidates for rest of the year, but a clear communication is helpful so that we don't waste our valuable time and resources for the express entry. Canada has handled this poorly & my respect for this agency went down for sure.

Waiting in the pool since december with a score of 467 and now on June 5th am gonna lose 6 points due to age putting me back at 461. I can max my IELTS score bringing back to 470 (max) but is it worth the effort & money spent? I don't know!! Having spent $1600 USD so far, everything is down the hole. Really sad & I can't be more disappointed in current challenging times.
I can understand your situation.
Remember, its not all about the who are wiser or more talented, FSW or CEC. Adaptability plays a big role in securing a permanent residency status.
Example 1: Age. Same person would get maximum points if he/she is in between 21-29 and start losing points once crosses the age of 29. I dont think people become dull-witted within the next 2-3 years after 29.
Example 2: Points for relatives. It has nothing to do with an individual's wiseness.

So, stay positive. Keep a close eye on the immigration news and stay safe.

Deepus333

Jan 22, 2020
Please I need your help on this matter. I already have an invitation under the CEC category. I applied as a spouse not accompanying which gave me 467points, with a spouse I get 447 points. looking at the trend now do you this I can create another profile with spouse accompanying and when we get an invitation I decline the first one
I would strongly suggest you to decline invite and create new EE . I have done the same and i am expecting ITA today.
My case: Initially i got invitation with CRS 469(Without Spouse and kids). Looking at the trend, i declined my invite on April 16th and added spouse with CRS 448. I am expecting an ITA today.

I see some folks in this forum suggested to create a duplicate profile and decline the invite after having two invites on hand. This is nothing but misrepresentation, IRCC will have all the detail of each profile based on Passport,DOB & UCI number.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I can understand your situation.
Remember, its not all about the who are wiser or more talented, FSW or CEC. Adaptability plays a big role in securing a permanent residency status.
Example 1: Age. Same person would get maximum points if he/she is in between 21-29 and start losing points once crosses the age of 29. I dont think people become dull-witted within the next 2-3 years after 29.
Example 2: Points for relatives. It has nothing to do with an individual's wiseness.

So, stay positive. Keep a close eye on the immigration news and stay safe.
In response to your Example 2. Stats show that those who have a good support system are more likely to not turn to government social security due to joblessness.