+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

ale.qiu10

Apr 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I got a question about work experience,
On Feb 18, 2020 I started working at a new company and unfortunately due to Covid19 I got temporary laid off on April 21, 2020.
From April 21-May 11, 2020 I was not working. Unfortunately, my employer decided to terminate my contract on May 12, 2020.
When I asked HR for a reference letter it says Employed from Feb 18-May 12, 2020.
My question is: Am I able to claim work experience from Feb 18-May12, 2020 based on the Letter or should I only claim from Feb 18-April 21, 2020?

Thanks

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
And why exactly are you surprised that there are still no FWS draws, pray tell? It's very arrogant to assume that a candidate with 470 points is automatically more "valuable" than someone with 420. I get that you're disappointed and frustrated, but it is an unprecedented situation. I'm personally more surprised that there are still draws at all. Considering the impact on the economy and the rising unemployment rate, no one could blame Canada if it fully suspended immigration until further notice. Would you prefer that scenario?
We would be doomed if they suspend draws.

Eve 91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
You can't create another profile while one is already existing. You have to decline the current one and wait for another invite with your spouse added. If they continue to do PNP and CEC only then you will get in the next draw.
Suggestion is, you can decline and make this changes and take a chance after PNP draw happens where you get one day time for the next CEC draw. Based on the current trend,if PNP happens, next day CEC draw is happening. But again we can't predict IRCC and good luck.
Thanks. Is it difficult to sponsor an outland spouse

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
In my opinion, I feel an official announcement that FSW and FST draws have been suspended for 4,5 ,6months or whenever. People need to know so they can plan accordingly.
Hello. What you've said is interesting and reflects a sentiment that many people have of IRCC (and the Canadian Government by extension). The thing is, if you think of IRCC like a business, which it kind of is, then you will understand that they have nothing to gain if they state that FSWs are no longer happening. Long story short, it is in their interest to have as many options available to them as possible and it is a seller's market (IRCC selling PRs). The Canadian government isn't all good which is something some people forget.

Last edited:

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Please I need your help on this matter. I already have an invitation under the CEC category. I applied as a spouse not accompanying which gave me 467points, with a spouse I get 447 points. looking at the trend now do you this I can create another profile with spouse accompanying and when we get an invitation I decline the first one
Why create a new profile? Just decline the ITA, you will be back in the pool, and then amend your profile. If I were you, I would have done it long time ago. The trend is clear, so you have the chance of getting the ITA with your spouse accompanying..

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello. What you've said is interesting and reflects a sentiment that many people have of IRCC (and the Canadian Government by extension). The thing is, if you think of IRCC like a business, which it kind of is, then you will understand that they have nothing to gain if they state that FSWs are no longer happening. Long story short, it is in their interest to have as many options available to them as possible and it is a seller's market (IRCC selling PRs). The Canadian government isn't all good which is something some people forget.
One thing they have to gain is that high quality FSW candidates don't go somewhere else. Perhaps if they made a statement, people would stick around, who could eventually benefit the Canadian economy. If they say nothing, maybe those highly-skilled FSWs will go to other countries, like New Zealand.

Another thing they have to gain is transparency, which is kinda what is expected from the Government of Canada, and other major democracies.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, and keep guessing.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
My CRS score is 440... I'm gonna hope that it goes down to that during June. Otherwise, just waiting for my 2 years experience which will happen beginning of July :/
Similar boat. I'm 444 and in July I complete 2 years of work experience in Canada, which will boost my score to 457. Good luck.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
One thing they have to gain is that high quality FSW candidates don't go somewhere else. Perhaps if they made a statement, people would stick around, who could eventually benefit the Canadian economy. If they say nothing, maybe those highly-skilled FSWs will go to other countries, like New Zealand.

Another thing they have to gain is transparency, which is kinda what is expected from the Government of Canada, and other major democracies.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, and keep guessing.
You're not wrong but let's be honest, Canada is the best combination of a progressive immigration system as well as a robust economy. I doubt NZ can compete in the economy+jobs part and the US would struggle to compete in the progressive immigration part. I mean that's why we're all here. Let's hope things get back to normal as soon as possible :)