+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

ymashruwala

May 1, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I am seriously surprised to see no FSW draws for straight 3 months and also with no announcements from IRCC. They are still trying to meet their immigration targets by just inviting their inland applicants but not external immigrants. Wondering how low will they go score wise for the CEC class? Below into 420s? Possible! It's kind of funny they think a candidate with CEC 420 would add more value to the economy than a FSW candidate with 470+ score.

Seriously disappointed. But guess we can do nothing but to wait. I am ok if they no longer wanted to take external candidates for rest of the year, but a clear communication is helpful so that we don't waste our valuable time and resources for the express entry. Canada has handled this poorly & my respect for this agency went down for sure.

Waiting in the pool since december with a score of 467 and now on June 5th am gonna lose 6 points due to age putting me back at 461. I can max my IELTS score bringing back to 470 (max) but is it worth the effort & money spent? I don't know!! Having spent $1600 USD so far, everything is down the hole. Really sad & I can't be more disappointed in current challenging times.
Hello Mr. Mystic. I am a CEC candidate and I received an invitation in the last CEC draw. I've been living in Canada for almost 5 years now. Hence, I've been paying taxes and contributing to the economy since then. As a CEC candidate, I have a NOC A, B, O category job here in Canada. One can contribute to the economy by having a job and paying taxes. I don't see how an individual's points are going to help him/her contribute to the Canadian economy in a better way. I understand your concern and frustration. I wish you all the best.

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
Hello Mr. Mystic. I am a CEC candidate and I received an invitation in the last CEC draw. I've been living in Canada for almost 5 years now. Hence, I've been paying taxes and contributing to the economy since then. As a CEC candidate, I have a NOC A, B, O category job here in Canada. One can contribute to the economy by having a job and paying taxes. I don't see how an individual's points are going to help him/her contribute to the Canadian economy in a better way. I understand your concern and frustration. I wish you all the best.
CEC candidates are already getting a credit in the form of additional points. If you studied there, you also get credit for that. But my point is, IRCC should communicate so we don't waste our time, money & energy in hoping for something that is going to be false. I have a lot of respect for Canadian immigration as its very progressive & not discriminating. But not in this case, as they are just fooling FSW candidates. 3 months is enough time for them to make an announcement.

By the way, if you are paying taxes that doesn't mean you are directly contributing to the economic growth. If that's the case, they should be giving PR to every one that has a job in Canada. The economics simply don't work that way. Canada needs more talent that can bring innovation & generates more jobs.

Dami90

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
One thing they have to gain is that high quality FSW candidates don't go somewhere else. Perhaps if they made a statement, people would stick around, who could eventually benefit the Canadian economy. If they say nothing, maybe those highly-skilled FSWs will go to other countries, like New Zealand.

Another thing they have to gain is transparency, which is kinda what is expected from the Government of Canada, and other major democracies.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, and keep guessing.
What exactly do you mean by high quality candidates?. who are the low quality candidates?. how does having a high or low CRS determine your quality. Canada owes you nothing. How is what is going on not transparent considering the situation. Covid is still very much around. Its unfortunate yes, but its not a gang up or neglect, its purely a health and safety issue

sahil soni

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
I am seriously surprised to see no FSW draws for straight 3 months and also with no announcements from IRCC. They are still trying to meet their immigration targets by just inviting their inland applicants but not external immigrants. Wondering how low will they go score wise for the CEC class? Below into 420s? Possible! It's kind of funny they think a candidate with CEC 420 would add more value to the economy than a FSW candidate with 470+ score.

Seriously disappointed. But guess we can do nothing but to wait. I am ok if they no longer wanted to take external candidates for rest of the year, but a clear communication is helpful so that we don't waste our valuable time and resources for the express entry. Canada has handled this poorly & my respect for this agency went down for sure.

Waiting in the pool since december with a score of 467 and now on June 5th am gonna lose 6 points due to age putting me back at 461. I can max my IELTS score bringing back to 470 (max) but is it worth the effort & money spent? I don't know!! Having spent $1600 USD so far, everything is down the hole. Really sad & I can't be more disappointed in current challenging times.
Hello Mystic

I think your verdict on express entry is ridiculous, given the situation your 461 score has nothing to do with you contributing towards Canadian economy on the other I believe that giving a chance to inland applicants should be prioritized as they possess valid job offer and are paying taxes. And talking about FSW in this catastrophic time it’s a rational decision by IRCC By not inviting them inviting FSW applicants. It’s very absurd for you to say a inland applicant of 420 score is worthless as a matter of fact a cec applicant with 420 score would have a NOC 0 A B canadian experience which weighs more then your 461 points. Canadian immigration has always supported Outland applicants but in this tough times it’s a rational decision.

Reactions: jitesh2013

Dami90

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
CEC candidates are already getting a credit in the form of additional points. If you studied there, you also get credit for that. But my point is, IRCC should communicate so we don't waste our time, money & energy in hoping for something that is going to be false. I have a lot of respect for Canadian immigration as its very progressive & not discriminating. But not in this case, as they are just fooling FSW candidates. 3 months is enough time for them to make an announcement.

By the way, if you are paying taxes that doesn't mean you are directly contributing to the economic growth. If that's the case, they should be giving PR to every one that has a job in Canada. The economics simply don't work that way. Canada needs more talent that can bring innovation & generates more jobs.
How are you been fooled, public health safety trumps your ambition

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Mine is 452 CEC profile created dec 12, 2019, Still haven't received ITA

CEC = MET, FSW = NOT MET

Does that make a difference?

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
How are you been fooled, public health safety trumps your ambition
R u saying all CEC applicants are in Canada right now? That's stupid if you claim that. Yes, letting people still apply for ECA evaluations, give IELTS exams and firstly, having listed FSW program as still active/valid programs for immigrating to Canada while 3 months passed without any announcements. Its fooling people with false information

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
R u saying all CEC applicants are in Canada right now? That's stupid if you claim that. Yes, letting people still apply for ECA evaluations, give IELTS exams and firstly, having listed FSW program as still active/valid programs for immigrating to Canada while 3 months passed without any announcements. Its fooling people with false information
There are FSW inland candidates whose permit expires in June/July, looks like they will kicked out.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
What exactly do you mean by high quality candidates?. who are the low quality candidates?. how does having a high or low CRS determine your quality. Canada owes you nothing. How is what is going on not transparent considering the situation. Covid is still very much around. Its unfortunate yes, but its not a gang up or neglect, its purely a health and safety issue
Clearly you misinterpreted my post.

Not a single FSW is being drawn right now. So, I said nothing of the scores. Presumably there are good individuals sitting as FSWs right now, not receiving ITAs, and considering their options.

Clearly there is a scoring system in place for express entry. If a higher score doesn't indicate quality of a candidate as a suitable immigrant to Canada, what does it indicate? I get that the term offends you, but I didn't create the system. We all get scored, and there's a minimum cut-off every time. Ultimately, Canada wants higher scoring applicants. If they could fill the quota with people all scoring above 1000, I'm sure they would.

I get a higher score for doing my Master's overseas. A CEC candidate gets a higher score for having Canadian work experience. Different paths, but they end at the same result - a higher "quality" candidate for economic viability, as a permanent immigrant to Canada. It's not offensive, it's fact.

I think we all deserve a chance, and we're all getting one. And anyone whose score isn't high enough could try and increase it.

My point was just that there may be people that Canada could benefit from economically who may now be choosing other countries instead, due to not knowing what on earth is happening with their FSW plans. It's a shame, but it's apparently reality. I'm just gonna wait it out and see what happens.