+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Canada doesn't need to open its borders to give ITAs to CEC candidates. We still need to wait over half a year for applications to be processed. And even after that, the CoPR could just be extended.

If there's an FSW draw this month, all we get is an invitation to apply online, not an invitation to hop on a plane and cross the Canadian border in a few days.
I understand but I think at the stage the world stands, CIC will be as conservative as possible. It's a global issue and very complex.

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
I am seriously surprised to see no FSW draws for straight 3 months and also with no announcements from IRCC. They are still trying to meet their immigration targets by just inviting their inland applicants but not external immigrants. Wondering how low will they go score wise for the CEC class? Below into 420s? Possible! It's kind of funny they think a candidate with CEC 420 would add more value to the economy than a FSW candidate with 470+ score.

Seriously disappointed. But guess we can do nothing but to wait. I am ok if they no longer wanted to take external candidates for rest of the year, but a clear communication is helpful so that we don't waste our valuable time and resources for the express entry. Canada has handled this poorly & my respect for this agency went down for sure.

Waiting in the pool since december with a score of 467 and now on June 5th am gonna lose 6 points due to age putting me back at 461. I can max my IELTS score bringing back to 470 (max) but is it worth the effort & money spent? I don't know!! Having spent $1600 USD so far, everything is down the hole. Really sad & I can't be more disappointed in current challenging times.
And why exactly are you surprised that there are still no FWS draws, pray tell? It's very arrogant to assume that a candidate with 470 points is automatically more "valuable" than someone with 420. I get that you're disappointed and frustrated, but it is an unprecedented situation. I'm personally more surprised that there are still draws at all. Considering the impact on the economy and the rising unemployment rate, no one could blame Canada if it fully suspended immigration until further notice. Would you prefer that scenario?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
And why exactly are you surprised that there are still no FWS draws, pray tell? It's very arrogant to assume that a candidate with 470 points is automatically more "valuable" than someone with 420. I get that you're disappointed and frustrated, but it is an unprecedented situation. I'm personally more surprised that there are still draws at all. Considering the impact on the economy and the rising unemployment rate, no one could blame Canada if it fully suspended immigration until further notice. Would you prefer that scenario?
Please let's not start the whole 'Who is more valuable between CEC and FSW' debate. It's been done before and led to nothing.

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
427 CEC applicant here guys,is there any chance ?
Well buddy, I'm not sure.... To say anything is possible, especially with how unpredictable things are right now, would be right. But have to also say that 427 seems to have not much of a chance. But the truth is nodody knows. So I would suggest to try possible means to improve score or PNP options.

Reactions: nat.abramovich

shreekm1

Jun 13, 2018
Please I need your help on this matter. I already have an invitation under the CEC category. I applied as a spouse not accompanying which gave me 467points, with a spouse I get 447 points. looking at the trend now do you this I can create another profile with spouse accompanying and when we get an invitation I decline the first one
You can't create another profile while one is already existing. You have to decline the current one and wait for another invite with your spouse added. If they continue to do PNP and CEC only then you will get in the next draw.
Suggestion is, you can decline and make this changes and take a chance after PNP draw happens where you get one day time for the next CEC draw. Based on the current trend,if PNP happens, next day CEC draw is happening. But again we can't predict IRCC and good luck.

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Not to dampen your hopes but as the number keeps lowering, the margin by which it lowers will also become less and less. So, I would advise you try and increase your points if you can!
Revision of my 6,5 writing up to 7,0 can make my score 435.should i go for it?