+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 147th Draw - CEC

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Just wait and you will see. Sadly people who landed recently will be affected the most. Those waiting/wanting to immigrate will have to wait until probably 2024 best case scenario
There's a difference between the next best legal time to immigrate and the best economic time to immigrate. Obviously, immigrating right now is not optimal but there's no indication that the government has reduced immigration quotas. If people are willing to immigrate under these conditions (and facing economic hardship) then there's nothing stopping them.

Reactions: JW16

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
There's a difference between the next best legal time to immigrate and the best economic time to immigrate. Obviously, immigrating right now is not optimal but there's no indication that the government has reduced immigration quotas. If people are willing to immigrate under these conditions (and facing economic hardship) then there's nothing stopping them.
This might be the best time for people to add additional Canadian degree or certificates to their CV to better their opportunities to landing great jobs.

jitesh2013

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
I hope back to back CEC draws happens in may and June, so all the CEC candidates who have low scores between 438 to 450 and are already in Canada or Left Canada due to high CRS scores since last year get an ITA. Best of luck for all CEC Candidates, "Fingers Crossed".

Reactions: hgunawa

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I hope IELTS resume as soon as possible as I feel that's when IRCC would be comfortable enough to do the draws. I feel they would want to stall a little bit to ensure that they are getting the best of the best out of the pool. They need the best candidates now more than ever, or so anyone would think. I learnt they are easing the lockdowns from tomorrow.
Nope. There are way better candidates too in the pool. Nothing related to launching of IELTS
If IRCC issues draws, no ne can arrange docs now
Once situation eases, they will invite ppl. Simple as that.
Probably from mid June all draws will happen
IRCC will pay no heed to opening or pausing IELTS
Less candidates in the pool is directly proportional to lower CRS
FYI - PNP candidates with just 698 too were invited. Imagine the candidate without provincial nomination, has just 98 CRS points (barely with CLB 4 or 3).
A friend of mine, who studied in Canada, worked there for 4 years, got only CLB7 and has a score of 452. He got the ITA 4 days ago
So IELTS is equal to nothing to IRCC for consideration
They have many other tasks to handle
IELTS is not happening till AUG
But draws will keep happening
Hope now u understand that IRCC will not wait until your so called 'best candidates' to enter the pool but will keep inviting ppl from pool as usual

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Hello guys, I got a CRS score of 452, I was not able to get the ITA the last draw because of the tie breaking rule (Oct 10, 2019), I created my EE profile December 5, 2019. Now, I was thinking to retake the IELTS exam next week here in Vancouver, BC (since they're opening now) to increase my score. Do you think I should wait for another draw (May 15 possibly) before taking the IELTS? I am not sure if it makes sense to retake the IELTS or wait a lil' bit, I am still hoping that the CRS will continue to go down, but its hard to just rely on that.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Do you think I should wait for another draw (May 15 possibly) before taking the IELTS?
Never wait for scores to come down. Do your bit and take the test. If scores come down, you get an ITA and you have nothing to lose. If scores don't come down and your IELTS score is good, you have everything to gain.

Reactions: KuriousMind

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello guys, I got a CRS score of 452, I was not able to get the ITA the last draw because of the tie breaking rule (Oct 10, 2019), I created my EE profile December 5, 2019. Now, I was thinking to retake the IELTS exam next week here in Vancouver, BC (since they're opening now) to increase my score. Do you think I should wait for another draw (May 15 possibly) before taking the IELTS? I am not sure if it makes sense to retake the IELTS or wait a lil' bit, I am still hoping that the CRS will continue to go down, but its hard to just rely on that.
Book your test. The only thing you've got to lose is probably money. The next draw might be a general draw, never say never. Better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: KuriousMind

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Nope. There are way better candidates too in the pool. Nothing related to launching of IELTS
If IRCC issues draws, no ne can arrange docs now
Once situation eases, they will invite ppl. Simple as that.
Probably from mid June all draws will happen
IRCC will pay no heed to opening or pausing IELTS
Less candidates in the pool is directly proportional to lower CRS
FYI - PNP candidates with just 698 too were invited. Imagine the candidate without provincial nomination, has just 98 CRS points (barely with CLB 4 or 3).
A friend of mine, who studied in Canada, worked there for 4 years, got only CLB7 and has a score of 452. He got the ITA 4 days ago
So IELTS is equal to nothing to IRCC for consideration
They have many other tasks to handle
IELTS is not happening till AUG
But draws will keep happening
Hope now u understand that IRCC will not wait until your so called 'best candidates' to enter the pool but will keep inviting ppl from pool as usual
IELTS is happening in Nigeria again. Some of the centres conducted tests yesterday (Saturday).

I learnt they are re-opening in Canada this week as well.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
CD IELTS is available from 8th May onward and paper based from 21st May in India according to IDP website.