+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 147th Draw - CEC

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Not inviting FSW candidates right now. My guess is FSW's will not be invited for a long time as IRCC is giving upto six months time to submit a complete application because of the pandemic still no invites for them.
I see, i think the provinces are starting to open up a bit this week. Hopefully they open up completely in a couple of months. Hence i think it would probably be back to normal earlier in 2 months.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
It will definitely depend on when they calculate your points. I know for a fact that they recalculate age points. Not sure if they automatically recalculate work experience points. But let's say that your application gets its processing started before Aug 15th. Then you will have lost points for age but no points for CEC earned. So, yes. I do think your application will get affected.
Thank you. Just did some research and came across this page in Canada.ca. Looks like that shouldn't be a problem, but it's very subjective.

Change for which candidates are not penalized for losing points:

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.
When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.
This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
What do you mean extended the program?
If you check original plan for Canada immigration, their plan was to get some x number of immigrants by 2020, then they increased that number and extended timeline till 2021 and again recently announced increased number of immigrants till 2022.

I see, i think the provinces are starting to open up a bit this week. Hopefully they open up completely in a couple of months. Hence i think it would probably be back to normal earlier in 2 months.
In that time, many FSW candidates who are in 460's and lost points due to age may lose their only chance to immigrate only because FSW draw's didn't happen because age is such a crucial factor in CRS calculation. All that time and energy spent to increase score is completely wasted, imagine how they must feel after working so hard, attempting IELTS multiple times and not getting invited inspite of having a high score. Nothing against CEC candidates and I know everyone is working hard to get through but CRS ranking feels so pointless now.

shinoshino

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
No you aren't. You are confusing being overly negative with reality. It's just as false as saying everyone with 300CRS will get an ITA from cec soon. It's just that you go the other way.
Last time facethereality and him said fsw candidates who were applying green card would join soon because of Trump and cutoff would become 500 or 600. Now they said the next fsw draw will happen till 2022. They never care about truth but continue to scare people.

Last edited:

shinoshino

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
If you check original plan for Canada immigration, their plan was to get some x number of immigrants by 2020, then they increased that number and extended timeline till 2021 and again recently announced increased number of immigrants till 2022.

In that time, many FSW candidates who are in 460's and lost points due to age may lose their only chance to immigrate only because FSW draw's didn't happen because age is such a crucial factor in CRS calculation. All that time and energy spent to increase score is completely wasted, imagine how they must feel after working so hard, attempting IELTS multiple times and not getting invited inspite of having a high score. Nothing against CEC candidates and I know everyone is working hard to get through but CRS ranking feels so pointless now.
But dear, they psoted the news on February 28:oops:

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/02/canada-to-welcome-over-one-million-new-immigrants-between-2020-2022-0213818.html

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Honestly, people shouldn't worry about immigration intake and levels until 2023 at the least. That is when the mandate for the current government ends. After that, things may change depending on the party that wins and the issues they campaign for.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Guys, I'm in a grave situation.
I have sent my MBA docs to CES which reached them on Dec 11. They started to work on my file until March 18 and after that, CES' staffs started to work remotely.
I was under the impression that they will complete my request by at least May. Now I got an email stating that my file (physical transcript) is in their office and they cannot access it until CES (University Of Toronto) opens its gate to staffs.
I kept calling them (once in a week) from the 21st of March and they kept saying that they are working on my file but this Friday (May 1) they gave this piece of shocker to me, which really sunk my heart.
I know that students will have to learn via online till September but I'm afraid that University staffs (and CES') too will not go to the university at all till Sep
Can someone pls provide some best guidance
My transcript is in their office. They cannot complete the task until they get the transcript.
Will Universities in Ontario will be shut till Sep or Univ will open soon (probably following the govt's order of easing) and only students will have to study online till Sep
I think that Colleges and Universities will be open and staffs will flock to workplaces but just that only students will not be allowed to enter the campus
Pls share your thoughts

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Again, people are worrying unnecessarily. The draws happening is a great sign and the only reason FSW draws are not happening yet is because foreign visa offices are closed due to the lockdown. With that being said, the number of candidates with scores above 470 is remaining stable due to regular CEC and PNP draws. In other words, this means there are very few FSW candidates joining the pool with a CRS score of 470+. ECAs and IELTS are delayed as well, so there might be a silver lining when the FSW draws resume. I am optimistic about this.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Guys, I'm in a grave situation.
I have sent my MBA docs to CES which reached them on Dec 11. They started to work on my file until March 18 and after that, CES' staffs started to work remotely.
I was under the impression that they will complete my request by at least May. Now I got an email stating that my file (physical transcript) is in their office and they cannot access it until CES (University Of Toronto) opens its gate to staffs.
I know that students will have to learn via online till September but I'm afraid that University staffs (and CES') too will not go to the university at all till Sep
Can someone pls provide some best guidance
My transcript is in their office. They cannot complete the task until they get the transcript.
Will Universities in Ontario will be shut till Sep or Univ will open soon (probably following the govt's order of easing) and only students will have to study online till Sep
I think that Colleges and Universities will be open and staffs will flock to workplaces but just that only students will not be allowed to enter the campus
Pls share your thoughts
No one really knows. In my opinion, I expect them to be closed until at least September.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
No one really knows. In my opinion, I expect them to be closed until at least September.
Hmmm. What I heard is that workplaces will slowly open up by June. So I thot even universities will open up and only students do not have to come to office
Anyway, lets see

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hmmm. What I heard is that workplaces will slowly open up by June. So I thot even universities will open up and only students do not have to come to office
Anyway, lets see
I am sorry I was not clear. I expect the classes to resume by fall (September). The staff might start working on campus sooner than that. Good luck!

Apr 7, 2020
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Only a 3 score drop this time. But it is becoming increasingly clear that they will pretty much only focus on people in canada, or with connection to Canada. Alberta went out and said that they will only nominate people in Canada. So while I hope things will clear up quickly with Covid, it is pretty clear that the IRCC does not feel that will happen
Hey, Are you saying that Alberta Province nomination is only for people in Canada?

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
Thank you. Just did some research and came across this page in Canada.ca. Looks like that shouldn't be a problem, but it's very subjective.

Change for which candidates are not penalized for losing points:

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.
When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.
This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
What are you waiting for, why cant you submit? PCC and medicals can be submitted post aor