+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 147th Draw - CEC

maplemom

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
To all people who are right now waiting to get ITA and are getting upset looking at some posts. I will just two things.

1. This I have said before. Once you come here (and things will change and you will), you will realize most of these "anti-immigrant" sentiment propagators here are immigrant themselves who came to this country just few years ago and think they know what's best for this country.
2. Remember this behaviour and promise yourself you won't become like these people in future. That's the best response you can ever give.
Thank you! This cross-a-bridge-and-burn-it mentality is pure evil and it's not just on this immigration issue but on any issue at all. Speak of selfishness...

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
ignore these anti-immigrants guys, Negative people feed on your response so Don’t give them the pleasure.
you’re trying to do your own thing ,people already in canada will always come up with reasons it won’t work with reality posts. I know it’s annoying you but please ignore them .

Last edited:

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Many say the recession will impact immigration to Canada going forward. However, how I see this is that Canada has gone through multiple recessions, SARS, Ebolas, Joblessness, Previous recessions, Natural Calamities, US Twin Tower collapses, the great recession of 2008, and now Corona but this country has never stopped immigration (Economic and Skilled recessions) program. It keeps inviting people.

Now they are not welcoming FSW dudes simply because if they send out an invite, dudes cannot arrange all the necessary documents.
Europe has slowly relaxed lockdown and once all nations (post June probably) follow the same (obviously with safety measures), IRCC may invite FSW dudes
Now, to meet up with the target, they are inviting CEC and PNP dudes which makes the job easier for visa offices to progress.

Mark my words, by mid-June, when Canada and other nations open up their economy, FSW draws will happen
Furthermore, as no IELTS and ECA happening, it is a good sign that score will obviously come down to 455 once FSW draws are rolled
Even if IELTS opens up, they are not gonna run the show with full strength. They are gonna allow only 25 to 30% of the room space to be filled by dudes.
So do not listen to negative perpetrators that recession will stop immigration and all

If you make an in-depth analysis, the majority of Canada is aging faster than before and more businesses are now in Canada than before. So to meet both ends, this immigration will go at full pace.

My friend's brother and almost all of his batch mates immigrated to Canada during 2008, when the recession at the time was even higher than this COVID 19. Apart from the aviation industry, everything else will bounce back to normalcy soon and it will be perfectly logical to invite FSW dudes. Once dudes get invitation, no dude is gonna fly immediately. Will take up to 8 months to get everything sorted and dude will then take few more months to finally pack-up and fly.

So immigration is not stopping or modified in anyways. Period!!

Wait till economies open up world-wide and chances are there mammoth FSW draws could happen too. Just 7k people in the 460 to 470 range and 2k dudes in 470 to 490 range. As IELTS is not gonna happen and even if it does (full accommodation is not possible), incoming dudes will be much much lesser than it used to be.

So relax and all your hard work will be paid-off. Use this idle time to improve your skills that might be in demand. Be positive. We'll rock.

Cheers
FSW dude

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I'm suffering at multiple ends.

1. This nerve wrecking wait for FSW.
2. Our 'neither here nor there' score of 467.
3. 10 points hanging in balance with respect to my education as my under grad University is closed. ECA for post grad already done, but is of no use without graduation thing sorted.

God damn this stupid Corona !!!
What do you mean? If you have already done your post grad ECA done why do you need your undergrad?

Only the degree for which you are claiming points needs ECA. You don't need it for every degree.

Reactions: Islander216

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
What do you mean? If you have already done your post grad ECA done why do you need your undergrad?

Only the degree for which you are claiming points needs ECA. You don't need it for every degree.
I can't get ECA done for my post grad, without getting the same for grad.. what i meant was that my post grad docs have already been submitted but grad ones are stuck

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I can't get ECA done for my post grad, without getting the same for grad.. what i meant was that my post grad docs have already been submitted but grad ones are stuck
I don't think I understand?

Have you received an ECA for ICES or WES for your Masters degree? And now you are waiting to get the same done for your undergrad degree?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thats wishful thinking. Before this announced recession there were not enough jobs in Canada. Plus the under employed number is massive, beyond measurable.
I am not sure what you mean by not enough jobs in Canada but the best chance of generating jobs for a country like Canada, in the medium to long run, is by having more people. Canada on its own does not have fertility levels to keep populations at replacement levels. Which means that without immigration population levels will fall. With a falling population comes a fall in demand which accompanied by an aging population is a double whammy.

This can have disastrous consequences for the economy.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Guys, one quick question. I am at 453, CEC. Received ITA on last draw, but my birthday is nearing on May 20th and I will be losing 10 points (> 40 years age). I won't be able to get AOR before May 20th anyways due to Covid situation. However I get 10 points back again for my Canada work experience on August 15th. Will this affect my application?. What do you guys think?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Guys, one quick question. I am at 453, CEC. Received ITA on last draw, but my birthday is nearing on May 20th and I will be losing 10 points (> 40 years age). I won't be able to get AOR before May 20th anyways due to Covid situation. However I get 10 points back again for my Canada work experience on August 15th. Will this affect my application?. What do you guys think?
It will definitely depend on when they calculate your points. I know for a fact that they recalculate age points. Not sure if they automatically recalculate work experience points. But let's say that your application gets its processing started before Aug 15th. Then you will have lost points for age but no points for CEC earned. So, yes. I do think your application will get affected.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
What you are saying is 100% true but what do you think will happen if they continue the intake of people with these people having no jobs to come to?
They are not taking people right now. because the whole world economy is closed and there is no hiring going on. But once normality returns (hopefully in another couple of months), the immigration rate from outside will pick up again, because it is needed. You should see some of Statistics Canada analyses that have been done to estimate the growth rate with and without immigration. Without immigration Canada starts moving into negative growth in half a decade or so because of the reasons I outlined earlier.

Additionally i think you're missing out on the benefits of the economy by thinking of it as a static picture. The economy is a lot more dynamic. As more people come they create more demand, which in turn creates more businesses/jobs to cater to that demand etc. It is a multiplier effect.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
They are not taking people right now. because the whole world economy is closed and there is no hiring going on. But once normality returns (hopefully in another couple of months), the immigration rate from outside will pick up again, because it is needed. You should see some of Statistics Canada analyses that have been done to estimate the growth rate with and without immigration. Without immigration Canada starts moving into negative growth in half a decade or so because of the reasons I outlined earlier.

Additionally i think you're missing out on the benefits of the economy by thinking of it as a static picture. The economy is a lot more dynamic. As more people come they create more demand, which in turn creates more businesses/jobs to cater to that demand etc. It is a multiplier effect.
People who receive ITA now cannot land immediately if they are outside of Canada and there are thousands of COPR holders outside of Canada who will land once the restrictions are lifted whether there is recession or not.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
People who receive ITA now cannot land immediately if they are outside of Canada and there are thousands of COPR holders outside of Canada who will land once the restrictions are lifted whether there is recession or not.
And your point is?