+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 146th Draw - PNP

maplemom

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
I'm on the same boat as you are. If I can give you an advice: have you thought about trying to attempt TCF/TEF to get "just enough points"? I mean, you might not need a B2 in all skills. Most people achieve C1 on CO and CE before they achieve B2 on EO/EE.
Take my example:

30 yrs old, 2 Engineer Degrees, IELTS (9, 8.5, 7.5, 7.5) on first attempt as well, and 6-yrs of professional experience: 469 (would be 474 if I had 29 yr).
Around December I started learning french as well... On March 9th I did my TCF Canada test, and got 505 for CO & 502 for CE (which means CLB8 for both skills), which gave me 6+ extra points. That's what happened with less than 4 months of studies!
That TCF result was just enough to increase my CRS to 475. If I had got 525/524 on CE/CO, I would got CLB9, and would have 481 right now! Now, notice: I got Z-E-R-O points for EO/EE. Zero.

If it wouldn't be for the COVID-19, I would have my ITA now.
And... on June 6th I'll lose 5 points (birthday), and will go back to 470 (which I don't think will be enough for FSW once the regular draws are brought back). But, I'm not scared. I continue to study french every single day, and I'll attempt TCF again once the test returns to its normal schedule. I'll get CLB9 in both CE/CO and possibly a CLB5 on EO, which will allow me to return do 477.
Also, achieving a high level of french might be a great way to start a career within the Canadian Government. Outside of Quebec, less than 16% of Canadians speak both English and French, if you can do it, I believe employers will value that.
Wow! That's impressive!
Thank you so much for this exposition. To be honest I never really looked at it from that angle, I just had my eyes on B2 at least to be able to gain those coveted 42 points.
It's interesting to see what you achieved in 4 months because that's within the timeline I set for myself(4-6 months) with intensive study and immersion.
I doubt you will be needing to write another TCF but at the same time it's so comforting to know that whatever happens you will be fine because you have a solid back-up plan. That's the beauty of the time and effort you put into it.
French is a lovely language to know and I am excited to see how all these hardwork will pay off in Canada. More power to you, you have greatly inspired and encouraged me. Thanks a lot for your advice.

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
I'm on the same boat as you are. If I can give you an advice: have you thought about trying to attempt TCF/TEF to get "just enough points"? I mean, you might not need a B2 in all skills. Most people achieve C1 on CO and CE before they achieve B2 on EO/EE.
Take my example:

30 yrs old, 2 Engineer Degrees, IELTS (9, 8.5, 7.5, 7.5) on first attempt as well, and 6-yrs of professional experience: 469 (would be 474 if I had 29 yr).
Around December I started learning french as well... On March 9th I did my TCF Canada test, and got 505 for CO & 502 for CE (which means CLB8 for both skills), which gave me 6+ extra points. That's what happened with less than 4 months of studies!
That TCF result was just enough to increase my CRS to 475. If I had got 525/524 on CE/CO, I would got CLB9, and would have 481 right now! Now, notice: I got Z-E-R-O points for EO/EE. Zero.

If it wouldn't be for the COVID-19, I would have my ITA now.
And... on June 6th I'll lose 5 points (birthday), and will go back to 470 (which I don't think will be enough for FSW once the regular draws are brought back). But, I'm not scared. I continue to study french every single day, and I'll attempt TCF again once the test returns to its normal schedule. I'll get CLB9 in both CE/CO and possibly a CLB5 on EO, which will allow me to return do 477.
Also, achieving a high level of french might be a great way to start a career within the Canadian Government. Outside of Quebec, less than 16% of Canadians speak both English and French, if you can do it, I believe employers will value that.
Congratulations jrossi , CLB 8 French in 4 months for CO & CE is impressive, well done!
I need to get CLB 7 in 4 categories as my CRS is only 443. Could you share what's your study method? Did you hire a private tutor?
Internet resources?
Thank you and good luck!

Reactions: jrossi

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Congratulations jrossi , CLB 8 French in 4 months for CO & CE is impressive, well done!
I need to get CLB 7 in 4 categories as my CRS is only 443. Could you share what's your study method? Did you hire a private tutor?
Internet resources?
Thank you and good luck!
I started doing Busuu’s French course, but from the very beginning I focused heavily on memorizing vocabulary and consuming French all day. So, for every doubt that I had (things such as “why they used that verb tense instead of this one?”), I always googled it and looked for the best site that could answer my question. Zero private teachers or anything like that. Just consuming French all day.
For example, I just returned from a 45 minute jog, and spend the whole time listening to podcasts in French, such as Inner French.

Canada2628

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
“Immigration will be absolutely key to our success and our economic recovery,” said Mendicino.

“We continue to rely on immigration, it will be an economic engine and it will be the pole star of our policy in the future.”

Mendicino observed that COVID-19 do not change Long-term demographic trends in Canada. Canada’s worker-to-retiree ratio is declining, which means the country will continue to need immigrants to stimulate economic growth.

Canadian immigration minister spoke.

Reactions: Mandeepchadha85

Dewdrops1502

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone!
My express entry profile expired yesterday and I'm unable to figure out how to create a new profile again. I've logged into my GC Key account and can see my expired profile but cannot see the option for creating a new profile. Can someone please help?

Dewdrops1502

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone!
My express entry profile expired yesterday and I'm unable to figure out how to create a new profile again. I've logged into my GC Key account and can see my expired profile but cannot see the option for creating a new profile. Can someone please help?
Figured it out myself eventually. Profile submitted again. Thanks :)

vasu5656

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Anyone did medical, Indian PCC and USA FBI in recent days while in INDIA? I think none of these offices are open now, Is it OK to submit the application without these? Family is in India currently and I'm primary applicant and staying in Canada, and I completed all those but not for family. Please suggest. Thanks!