+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 146th Draw - PNP

sharry_277

Mar 22, 2020
And it might transform the immigration as we know it. Why would Canada be interested in granting PR to outsiders directly when they can bring the same number of youth in their early 30's and those individuals will study in Canada, get experience in Canada and once they have spend large sum of moneys in education and accommodation etc, they will be granted PR under CEC program. Looks like win win for Canadian government. Student will first spend money at the time of education and then spend another 3 years atleast to get citizenship.
100% agree!

Reactions: Aysherman

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hi friends. I am on a 1 year PGWP and I was laid off 7 weeks before I reach 52weeks. Then I found another job and in 3 weeks I wil be eligible for CEC.
My question is should I wait until 52 weeks to update my profile or can I update now, receive ITA and wait until 52 weeks to submit my application?

sharry_277

Mar 22, 2020
Hi friends. I am on a 1 year PGWP and I was laid off 7 weeks before I reach 52weeks. Then I found another job and in 3 weeks I wil be eligible for CEC.
My question is should I wait until 52 weeks to update my profile or can I update now, receive ITA and wait until 52 weeks to submit my application?
I think you should wait for the number of weeks you were on lay off period.
If you create your profile you’ll definitely get an ITA but while processing they can refuse your application saying the experience for 1 year condition was not met.

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
I think you should wait for the number of weeks you were on lay off period.
If you create your profile you’ll definitely get an ITA but while processing they can refuse your application saying the experience for 1 year condition was not met.

So safe side is to wait until full 52 weeks to update and my ITA must be after 52 weeks.

sharry_277

Mar 22, 2020
You can submit your profile so that you receive ITA and after getting ITA you should wait for 52 weeks complete and submit your PR application. In the meantime, you can prepare your documents. You’ll be fine.
But you should create your profile now so that you’ll be in the pool for the draws.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
And it might transform the immigration as we know it. Why would Canada be interested in granting PR to outsiders directly when they can bring the same number of youth in their early 30's and those individuals will study in Canada, get experience in Canada and once they have spend large sum of moneys in education and accommodation etc, they will be granted PR under CEC program. Looks like win win for Canadian government. Student will first spend money at the time of education and then spend another 3 years atleast to get citizenship.
I'll tell you why: because the majority of exceptional professional, experienced ones, will not leave their stable jobs in their countries to attend a college program that charges an outrage amount of money for a very ordinary (not to say mediocre) learning experience, while at the same time the government won't allow them to work for more than 20h/week. Therefore, they might burn their hole life retirement savings in that project, to learn the same things they learned in the first year of their University programs, when they were teenagers. I mean, this is what truly happens, based on the testimonials I heard from friends of mine that went study in Canada.
If you have a profile that reaches 470/480+, you hardly will accept these conditions. Only those who can't achieve high scores (because they don't have enough work experience, don't have a second bachelor/or Master's, don't have good IELTS scores, can't speak a third language, etc) will accept these circumstances. The college-to-imigrate path many candidates follow is not what they *truly* wanted to do (most of the time), but what they HAD to do.
Canada might be able to fulfill their gross numbers for immigration only with international students, but this won't grant them the experienced workers they claim they need.
If all Canada needs is people, no matter their professional background, then you're totally right. But as of right now, one of the major claims regarding immigration is that it is needed to fulfill jobs positions that require skilled workers. That's actually the reason why FSW is the biggest category inside the EE entry, both in the amount of candidates, and in the number of PRs granted.

Last edited:

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
You can submit your profile so that you receive ITA and after getting ITA you should wait for 52 weeks complete and submit your PR application. In the meantime, you can prepare your documents. You’ll be fine.
But you should create your profile now so that you’ll be in the pool for the draws.
Thank you for your relply.
I already have one under FSW since December with 467.
Now I am so confused. Some say it is okay as long as to submit my application after 52 weeks and some say I must wait untill 52 weeks to apply under CEC.
I really don't know what to do!

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
FSW candidates spend lot of time and money too, IELTS and ECA are not free and now we are banned from a system that set up different rules originally. in other words: A FRAUD. Besides, many CEC are working holiday lucky ones that are never ever better educated than FSW profiles , they can go to Canada without a peny and after being supervisor for 1 year in a Bar they get 450 points . Anyways, IRCC can do with their country whatever they want hahaha. But, the better immigration system? I dont think so....

Last edited:

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
I was in the pool since August 2018 with 432. I graduated with 2nd bachelor degree in June 2019 which could have raised my score to 464 in August 2019 if WES did their job properly. However, the ECA report they produced did not recognize my degree (it was from the UK) by a mistake, I worked with the university and WES to fix this shit out. Finally, I got my ECA report corrected on October 15, 2019 and got to 464. The next day, I was waiting for a draw and ITA because the last draw was 464 on October 2. However, IRCC did something dramatic to my life, conducted a FST draw and delayed the FSW draw till October 30. And the score went up to 475 on October 30 and was never down to 464. I lost 5 points in November because I turned to 30. I am now waiting in the pool with 459 and my IELTS expires in June, 2020.

I was planning to receive ITA and wait for PPR in Autumn 2019 but stupid people in WES messed up my plans.

My science and engineering degrees are from top universities, I have more than 7 years experience in one of the top oil companies with more than 50K CAD annual salary. I got CLB 9 in my first attempt. My wife got CLB10 in her first attempt. Obviously, a person with CLB9 after 20th attempt graduated from hardly recognized university is more valuable to CANADA than me because he paid 15,000 CAD to an ordinary village college to get a certificate to increase his chances in the EE pool.

Now because of all unfortunate events including dumb ass WES evaluators, wrong timing of FST draw, my birthday in November, COVID 19 and CEC competitors I have not received an ITA yet and not expecting to receive it soon.

But I am not desperately in need of Canada as I have a stable job, good family and friends, interesting life where I am right now.

I am not sure if I will have any right on a court against WES but I am sure whoever caused this trouble in my life, will terribly pay for it somehow.

Loves...

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
I'll tell you why: because the majority of exceptional professional, experienced ones, will not leave their stable jobs in their countries to attend a college program that charges an outrage amount of money for a very ordinary (not to say mediocre) learning experience, while at the same time the government won't allow them to work for more than 20h/week. Therefore, they might burn their hole life retirement savings in that project, to learn the same things they learned in the first year of their University programs, when they were teenagers. I mean, this is what truly happens, based on the testimonials I heard from friends of mine that went study in Canada.
If you have a profile that reaches 470/480+, you hardly will accept these conditions. Only those who can't achieve high scores (because they don't have enough work experience, don't have a second bachelor/or Master's, don't have good IELTS scores, can't speak a third language, etc) will accept these circumstances. The college-to-imigrate path many candidates follow is not what they *truly* wanted to do (most of the time), but what they HAD to do.
Canada might be able to fulfill their gross numbers for immigration only with international students, but this won't grant them the experienced workers they claim they need.
If all Canada needs is people, no matter their professional background, then you're totally right. But as of right now, one of the major claims regarding immigration is that it is needed to fulfill jobs positions that require skilled workers. That's actually the reason why FSW is the biggest category inside the EE entry, both in the amount of candidates, and in the number of PRs granted.
Good points raised. Agreed with you. Lets see when does FSW draws resume. As per current condition, some provinces have expressed their tendencies to select only canadian residents for PNP programs as well. Nothing heard from OINP although in this regard. As improvements are witnessed in different economies worldwide and positive message from Canadian Government as well, I think we might see resumption of FSW soon. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: jrossi

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
FSW candidates spend lot of time and money too, IELTS and ECA are not free and now we are banned from a system that set up different rules originally. in other words: A FRAUD. Besides, many CEC are working holiday lucky ones that are never ever better educated than FSW profiles , they can go to Canada without a peny and after being supervisor for 1 year in a Bar they get 450 points . Anyways, IRCC can do with their country whatever they want hahaha. But, the better immigration system? I dont think so....
It will not be in favour of Canada itself to carry on with these restrictive draws for long and make people loose faith in EE. I mean emergency measures should not be replaced with "new normal"

Reactions: Sharanm7

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I wouldn't call it a FRAUD. But... I simply can't understand why IRCC has not yet provided an official statement regarding this change in policy (after all, they have the right to change their policy, we must recognize that). All we need is something as simple as "Due to COVID-19 circumstances, IRCC will restrict following Express Entry draws until Canadian borders are reopened for international travellers (or whatever other condition they could apply)". That's it. I believe that's what all candidates in the pool are asking for.
It's very cruel to remain silent, when they know many people have spent thousands of dollars on IELTS preparation, multiple IELTS attempts, TCF tests, ECA reports, exploratory trips, and so on. Even worst... As of right now, I'm trying to save every penny that I can, for proof of funds. I'm not putting my savings in stocks, for example (even though right now would be a terrific time to earn money on stocks), because I need liquidity.
This is so frustrating. At the same time, the fact that IRCC remains silent indicates to me that this restriction might be about to be lifted, and that's why they're not stating anything: because it won't last long enough to deserve an explanation.
We'll see.

Sandhu8857

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Do FSW candidates spend $40,000 just on studies?

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I understand your frustration, but it's not a good idea to take credit away from cec candidates. It's not only about the money we spent on school. We do work hard to get ITA . Its not piece of cake. Infact life of cec candidates is not easy in Canada as you think. After finishing our degrees back in home we come here pay crazy amounts of fee then go to college work hard to get degree simultaneously working part time jobs to support our living expenses. Everyday we hustle hard to get that degree from college then find a job here there and get ITA eventually. Only CEC candidates knows the real struggle. I got ITA after 3 attempts in ielts (471) after waiting for 5 months in pool. Just like you guys, we go through rough paths. So please dont think it's easy for us. Imagine cec candidates leaving country if they dont get ITA after spending such long time here and working hard and paying huge tuition fees. So please let's appreciate hard work of everyone. Peace.