+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
All I am saying is why don't they draw for FSW. I mean it's not like if the FSW candidate gets an ITA today, he'll be in Canada in the next two months. It'd take him atleast six months to be there I guess and in the mean time the situations across the world would start becoming better for sure. So why not draw an FSW.

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
All I am saying is why don't they draw for FSW. I mean it's not like if the FSW candidate gets an ITA today, he'll be in Canada in the next two months. It'd take him atleast six months to be there I guess and in the mean time the situations across the world would start becoming better for sure. So why not draw an FSW.
The other issue is they won’t be able to gather all the documents & most of them will submit incomplete applications, which could be frustrating for IRCC

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
If this is the reason for no FSW draws, then we should expect FSW only draws soon.
That is just one of many reasons. Other main reason is that they’re mostly outland & there are still restrictions imposed on travelling. Also, FSW take longer for IRCC to process their application compared to CEC, and that is critical because IRCC are short staffed at the moment. Nevertheless, I hope at least one FSW draw happens soon since it has been over a month!

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
The other issue is they won’t be able to gather all the documents & most of them will submit incomplete applications, which could be frustrating for IRCC
yes that too would be the case. Hence i just wish they have an FSW draw and give time to the applicants to submit their documents. So that majority of people would not lose points due to age or ielts or wes for that matter.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
This is a unfair statement and selfish to draw conclusion based on outland or inland. In fact any CEC applicant is better of in settling down in comparison to FSW people.
Hardly, CEC have had two consecutive draws, why can't FSW have their own draw?

Most CECs have a year or two of Canadian experience, that's hardly a major advantage over FSWs.

I hope they resume all program draws.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
How can anyone here know for sure? I don't think there will be any draws in April, expect the next one on May 6/7th.
How do you know for sure either then ?

All these dates are all speculation just have to wait and see. If happens it happens if does not then so be it.

Reactions: oshin

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
How do you know for sure either then ?

All these dates are all speculation just have to wait and see. If happens it happens if does not then so be it.
Because after a B2B draw, the next draw generally happens after three weeks so we can expect the next one on May 6/7, just my opinion.

If they really want inland applicants to benefit from the draws, why not just do a gigantic draw and invite as many as CEC candidates as possible?

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Because after a B2B draw, the next draw generally happens after three weeks so we can expect the next one on May 6/7, just my opinion.

If they really want inland applicants to benefit from the draws, why not just do a gigantic draw and invite as many as CEC candidates as possible?
They might want to spread out applicants so they are suddenly not having to handle 10000 applications instead of 4000 at one time. The IRCC have said on their Twitter that the pnp and cec draws are to prioritize people who are more likely to be Inland. What I don't understand is why alberta pnp are so slow this year. The provincial nomination programs would be great to use for nominating Inland applicants (that way they can choose only Inland applicants) so that they can stay

Would also guess there is no draw this week as nothing has been posted about a pnp draw yesterday. So far all CEC draws have had a pnp before

Last edited:
Reactions: oshin

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
"I would not be surprised if they discontinue their discriminative immigration program." They are just trying to give other nationals a chance to migrate to the US. Canada in time will employ this same strategy of "discriminative immigration program" too if Express Entry continues
What do you mean by fair chance? Immigration should be merit based like the Express Entry system. Obviously, a huge country (population wise) like India will have more applicants than say a country like Bangladesh. It does not make any sense to restrict a country's quota to 7%. If Express Entry follows the suit, the score will plummet and that means lesser quality immigrants which Canada might not want. Again, not trying to be controversial here because it is what it is. Someone with a master's degree will be preferred over someone with a high school diploma in Express Entry but in the US, your country of birth (not nationality) comes into play. That's why I think their immigration program is outdated and discriminating.