+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I was at 467 from October 2019 FSW .. luckily I got Ontario Nomination yesterday. I will wait for the next draw to get my ITA in PNP draw :)
Congrats! Could you plz share your timeline from DIP to nomination..

eswarravipati

Apr 16, 2020
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a tech draw? Does that mean that you are tech professional?
Tech Draw is for people with below NOC codes -

• Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
  • Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
  • Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
  • Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
  • Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
  • Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)

Ontario issued 954 NOIs for candidates from 460 to 472 score on Jan 15th draw.

Reactions: Mandeepchadha85

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Tech Draw is for people with below NOC codes -

• Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
  • Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
  • Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
  • Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
  • Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
  • Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)

Ontario issued 954 NOIs for candidates from 460 to 472 score on Jan 15th draw.
Do you or anyone else have any idea if any province is sending EOI to primary Teachers?

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Need help! My wife teaches kindergarten kids. She qualifies for both 4032, which is category A code and, 4214, which is category B code.

We created the profile with category A code. However, when i analysed occupations in demand, 4214 is there, but 4032 is not.

Should we change the NOC code from the one which is A to B? Can it have any negative impact on the score or anything?

Last edited:

dipen135

Jun 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Canada needs more people working so, we should see more frequent draws in future..

Effective immediately, international students in Canada are able to work more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session if they are working in an essential service or function such as health care, the supply of food or other critical goods.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/04/removing-barriers-for-international-students-working-in-essential-services-to-fight-covid-19.html?fbclid=IwAR34UJ0Wb-cbP9LnRPHur0Qb9DjCrfCeqogNuWEd66qG_vqo4wrIL1QGpWQ

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Need help! My wife teaches kindergarten kids. She qualifies for both 4032, which is category A code and, 4021, which is category B code.

We created the profile with category A code. However, when i analysed occupations in demand, 4021 is there, but 4032 is not.

Should we change the NOC code from the one which is A to B? Can it have any negative impact on the score or anything?
Maybe check again given when I just looked both NOcs are A.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Also where did you analyse occupations in demand given often generally more teachers than jobs

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Canada needs more people working so, we should see more frequent draws in future..

Effective immediately, international students in Canada are able to work more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session if they are working in an essential service or function such as health care, the supply of food or other critical goods.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/04/removing-barriers-for-international-students-working-in-essential-services-to-fight-covid-19.html?fbclid=IwAR34UJ0Wb-cbP9LnRPHur0Qb9DjCrfCeqogNuWEd66qG_vqo4wrIL1QGpWQ
Wouldn’t read too much into this as being any indication of more frequent draws. This is to ensure that in key areas there are extra resources to ensure we get through the current pandemic so is temporary and in any case the summer break would have been coming up soon allowing fulltime work anyway. Plus does not read as a free pass to necessarily work any where.

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Maybe check again given when I just looked both NOcs are A.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Also where did you analyse occupations in demand given often generally more teachers than jobs
Apologies! Seems i mixed up the codes. It's 4214, not 4124. Edited the original post.

I googled and came across a link which had a summary of province wise in demand occupations. I'll share the link soon.

Last edited:

dipen135

Jun 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Wouldn’t read too much into this as being any indication of more frequent draws. This is to ensure that in key areas there are extra resources to ensure we get through the current pandemic so is temporary and in any case the summer break would have been coming up soon allowing fulltime work anyway. Plus does not read as a free pass to necessarily work any where.
I'm on a work permit so it doesn't concern me anyways. But mostly students work in essential workplace and this can really help them financially. And if students are getting a chance to to this free pass they should definitely use them.