+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Are you from IRCC or CBSA to quote this? During a press conference with Trump and Trudeau (an year ago), Trump openly said he is against open immigration whereas Trudeau informed he will continue the policy of their quoted immigration plan no matter what
Then why is that people like you spread negativity? My sister who lives in Montreal spoke to her friend (BAR council member and a Canadian) and she was told that they are finding ways to conduct the FSW draw to increase the flow of money an immigrant brings but not to halt this in any way.
This is also on the list of their priorities.
Canada has been an immigrant-friendly country since 1950s. From 1950 until today, there have been a lot of outbreaks (Ebolas, Flus, HIVs, SARS, and others), multiple recessions, multiple bankruptcies but still, Canada has never stopped its Skilled, Economic, Business immigration to its country. They are picking the best candidates from the lot (impeccable English skills, Skilled labor, good background, a good amount of money in their bank accounts and more importantly the ability of most immigrants to assimilate the culture and blend with the country)
Following Canada, England, Germany, France, NZ, AUS, Japan, and other nations are welcoming immigrants to address their nation's labor market and age factor.
So plssssss note that Canada is never gonna stop immigration pattern (no skipping of draws as you have seen in the previous weeks) and I'm telling this with concrete proofs and backgrounds.
If you still wanna spread negativity and dishearten people better keep it with you
Fellas, chill. Don't listen to such speculations.
IRCC has openly said in a tweet that they will continue to welcome immigrants. FSW draws will open once situation eases (probably after May 3 when almost all nations ease their lockdown) and you will see scores coming to 467s and 464s
What else you need more than this
Be positive and you will make it
Simply avoid such negative posts
You've just cheered everyone up. This guy is right. I mean what's the point speculationg. No1 here is ircc or government of canada. Just hold negative thoughts to oneself and proceed with positivity.

Reactions: Pyruvate1

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you seen the unemployment numbers for Canada recently? Canada will follow suit. Express Entry will die eventually
Canada will not follow suit. It's absolutely possible that Canada may reduce immigration numbers temporarily and perhaps that's already happening. But we won't shut economic immigration down, especially not under the current Liberal administration. It's possible things could have been different with a Conservative majority government. However that's not who is in power right now.

Reactions: joconstantine

Arod

May 15, 2017
Firstly, why would anyone living in the USA on a work visa and on track to receive a green card drop out of the process and move to Canada?
Plenty of reasons, better living standards, safety, job security, universal health care, a more tolerable society towards immigrants, etc.

Though I think the main reason is people get tired of waiting.

I personally know more than a few people who moved to Canada after living in the States, who simply didn't like the uncertainty. Others moved because they realized the US is not what they expected.

Reactions: aonanuga002

Divya.nair

Apr 22, 2020
Pray that no draws happen in April, otherwise we will not see FSW draws happening anytime soon.
Sir FSW draw will happen within a month or two for sure, but now please give some positivity to applicants in CEC .
I am an applicant of CEC with 450 points .2 years experience and education from canada. I am waiting in the pool since the points went too high.i had to leave canada and go back to my home country because of this high points.
Please understand our situation and give us some hope and positive talks.

Reactions: Mo96

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
To all those people who said "Trump has stopped immigration", let me share some details.
1- The ban applies to GREEN CARD only
2- The ban lasts for 60 days

So what does this mean?
A typical GREEN CARD application takes around 10 years. (This is an average figure based on applicants from all over the world). The waiting period is huge due to the limited quotas and backlogs in the system.

How does this impact FSW draws?

Firstly, why would anyone living in the USA on a work visa and on track to receive a green card drop out of the process and move to Canada?

The ban by trump would have had a huge impact if it included H1B visas as well. We must consider ourselves very lucky as H1B visas have not been banned.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/21/politics/donald-trump-immigration-coronavirus/index.html
10 years is only for Indians and Chinese, for others, it is a lot shorter.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
10 years is only for Indians and Chinese, for others, it is a lot shorter.
Oh Yes, my manager (in US for about 11 years) too quoted the same
Our dudes (Indians) are I mean everywhere. As you may know, NZ also has the same program and the majority going to NZ are our guys (43 percent) compared to China and other nations.
The same is the case with migrating to England or Germany or Japan or France under the same skilled migrant visas.
US has been giving sooooooo much mostly to Indians and now they wanna give chance to other nationalities as well. This is what is happening.
Our own dudes create all these beautiful situations for us. lol