+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Canada should be following suit, we should expect an announcement soon.
Absolutely nothing is pointing to that. Canada follows the us with a lot. But not with immigration. Everything actually points against this. So far the only thing Canada has done is to help people who are likely to be here, by scaling up CEC draws, instead of just shutting it down while things are hot.

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/us/politics/trump-immigration.html

Trump Plans to Suspend Immigration to U.S.

he said would protect American workers from foreign competition once the nation’s economy began to recover from the shutdown caused by the coronavirus outbreak.

“In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens

Not sure if Canada will follow? We all know Canada love to follow USA sometime
as we all know, Trump love money....if immigrants bring money and economy boost to the country, why trump wanna do that??

Good question for everyone to think
You are pretty funny and a bit pessimist. Who is surprised that US is suspending immigration. Was it not part of Trump promises during 2016 election and re election is around the corner, a perfect opportunity to initiate the plan with little or no criticism. Secondly, you can not compare US economy to that of Canada. US can do without immigrant but trust me, canada cant

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
I guess this thread is called Ray of hope for a reason. So why all these pessimistic talks without fact or source. If its ray of hope as advertised, all we should do is to build one another's hope. Be positive...Canada is putting plans in place already for incoming travellers including health check at the airport. The country has us in mind. Together we will be in Canada and forget this teying times

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi guys. I have a question.
Can I work in 2 different NOC s to accumulate 52 weeks to be eligible under CEC?
Sure, you can! In fact, that's how I entered my work history and got an ITA.

Reactions: Aysherman

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
haha, All US Applicants will now immigrant to Canada now

We will see the point 500+ from now once FSW re-open
Highly unlikely. Time for someone to face the reality and accept the fact that any increase in the cut-off will likely be temporary. We have no evidence to believe the cut-off will be 500+ once FSW daws resume.

Reactions: kolkata2019

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Once again with the histrionics.

If Trump does he says it will only be for 60 days. This will have what effect? It's a marketing ploy before the presidential elections in November.

Canada needs immigrants not only for immediate labour shortages but because of long term demographic trends, this will still be the case in the next few months.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
lol what does that have anything to with this? :rolleyes:

You guys need to cheer up man.

You're going to get your FSW draws soon.

The cut off score won't be crazy, if anything the PNP and CEC draws are going to help you out, it's already taken the competition out of the draws.

Last edited:

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
https://www.cnet.com/news/trump-to-suspend-immigration-to-us-for-60-days-amid-coronavirus-crisis/

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that his administration would suspend immigration to the US for 60 days, temporarily blocking entry to green card recipients seeking permanent residency. The president said the move is necessary "to protect US workers" as the coronavirus pandemic continues.

"I will be issuing a temporary suspension of immigration into the United States," Trump said during a White House briefing Tuesday. "By pausing immigration, we'll help put unemployed Americans first in line for jobs. It would be wrong and unjust for American laid off by the virus to be replaced with new immigrant labor flown in from abroad."

Trump said the order will be re-evaluated after 60 days and may be modified "based on economic conditions."

Let's see how PR/Canadian react this to our Great Trudeau
Lol, I was not talking about the US. The situation in the US has been pretty bad for people on H1B in the last two decades. I would not be surprised if they discontinue their discriminative immigration program.

I do not foresee a huge influx even if the US suspends its immigration program as these people (on H1B) are already creating profiles regardless of this.

Secondly, my comment was about your cut-off score speculation. I am not gonna repeat it again, but if you are going to continuously post your pessimistic opinions on Ray of Hope threads, take your 'wise' words to the place where people will listen.

There's no decency in trying to shatter others' hopes by saying it's the reality when the reality is not as bad as you portray through your content.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
the wait list for indians to immigrate to usa is 150 yrs, so he has to issue 2 lifetime bans to even affect indians.
I second this. This is for the Employment-Based Category 2 for the green card. It's 151 years to be precise. Even the first category (people with an extraordinary background) has a backlog of 6 years. Oddly, the waitlist for the third category is 17 years. Express Entry applicants from the US usually belong to the second and the third category.

CanDream215

Apr 21, 2020
haha, All US Applicants will now immigrant to Canada now

We will see the point 500+ from now once FSW re-open
Brother, is there any rationale behind this statement? Bcz most outlanders with Masters, 3YR exp, CLB10, less tha 30 will get 481 which is 95% of cases. In cas, they have siblings, or job offers that's a different case. If CEC and PNP is clearing out at regular intervals, where is the point of 500 ?

There is enough panic out there. I hope we don't create more.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Sad. It's just unfortunate that the effects of Trump's latest action will inevitably drive the CRS higher.
More competition coming onstream.
Not to discourage but a sober reality to all aspirants out there.
Best of luck, everyone!

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Sure, you can! In fact, that's how I entered my work history and got an ITA.

Perfect. Thank you for your reply. I worked 45 weeks s an Early Child Educator but because daycares are closed I found a job as an administrative assistant in a bookkeeping service company 30 houra week
Can it cause a problem because it is not related to my education?

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
US ban immigration soon...

Either Canada will follow it or all the US Applicants will flood to Canada system now
Or the US and Canada are different countries. And people won't just suddenly decide to switch to a different country. Not everyone just wants to move away. Many want to move to a specific place. Especially as the immigration systems are so different. US does much more sponsored stuff. The US don't have the same system. It won't have an impact on Canada