App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
IRCC's strategy is to keep the FSW scores as high as possible to force the out-land applicants to apply for a student visa first. By this method, they will bring more money to Canada because the cost of their immigration is increased by the international student fees which are usually above 15k CAD per year.

These guys do not like FSW candidates. Let's admit it. They want FSW guys to look for more expensive options for their dreams. Countries like India and China have a lot of citizens to fall in this trap, and the rest of the FSWs suffer as a consequence. Canada currently has more than 0.5 million international students which are paying at least 7.5 billion CAD as tuition fees excluding their living costs which are also supplied from their home countries.

If FSW points were as low as 350s could there be these many international students in Canada? Of course not, they would have applied through EE and paid domestic fees if their intention is to study. We all know that it is not at all, so they would have been easily become a Canadian PR without ''donating'' billions of cash to Canadian institution.

See what's going on?
This sounds like a conspiracy theory. a FSW candidate with a score as low as 350 will just have a hard time assimilating. The draws are pretty fair even though the cut-off has been high in the recent few months. A FSW candidate can still immigrate with a master's degree, CLB 10, 3 years of foreign work experience, and by not being older than 30. Let's see what the future holds for FSW candidates.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
IRCC's strategy is to keep the FSW scores as high as possible to force the out-land applicants to apply for a student visa first. By this method, they will bring more money to Canada because the cost of their immigration is increased by the international student fees which are usually above 15k CAD per year.

These guys do not like FSW candidates. Let's admit it. They want FSW guys to look for more expensive options for their dreams. Countries like India and China have a lot of citizens to fall in this trap, and the rest of the FSWs suffer as a consequence. Canada currently has more than 0.5 million international students which are paying at least 7.5 billion CAD as tuition fees excluding their living costs which are also supplied from their home countries.

If FSW points were as low as 350s could there be these many international students in Canada? Of course not, they would have applied through EE and paid domestic fees if their intention is to study. We all know that it is not at all, so they would have been easily become a Canadian PR without ''donating'' billions of cash to Canadian institution.

See what's going on?
I got in with a CRS of 462 at 33. Not educated in Canada. FSW. Thoughts?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
This sounds like a conspiracy theory. a FSW candidate with a score as low as 350 will just have a hard time assimilating. The draws are pretty fair even though the cut-off has been high in the recent few months. A FSW candidate can still immigrate with a master's degree, CLB 10, 3 years of foreign work experience, and by not being older than 30. Let's see what the future holds for FSW candidates.
Yeah, the next score cutoff milestone will be 482 because that means that even with a Master's + 3 Years Exp. + Max IELTS, one will still not qualify for FSW

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

See what's going on?
If this were true, then why do you think they even have an FSW category and giving outland applicants PR visas since 4-5 years even if they have not spent a single penny in Canada? They can just give PR visas to students who graduate from Canadian universities without any process and save a ton of money since these students are spending "billions" of dollars. From the current trend, it is clear that most of the EE applicants are FSW.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Yeah, the next score cutoff milestone will be 482 because that means that even with a Master's + 3 Years Exp. + Max IELTS, one will still not qualify for FSW
This is just being paranoid. If the cut-off goes above 480, it will be due to the backlog and should drop below it as soon as the backlog is cleared. Worst case scenario, the cut-off score could stabilize between 475 and 480. If they drastically reduce their immigration quota, it is a possibility that FSW candidates might have to get a job offer or a nomination to get an ITA. The likelihood of that is pretty low now. As soon as the situation here in Canada gets better, it should be back to the way it was before. Anyone who says the government will stop immigration is just speculating.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
This is just being paranoid. If the cut-off goes above 480, it will be due to the backlog and should drop below it as soon as the backlog is cleared. Worst case scenario, the cut-off score could stabilize between 475 and 480. If they drastically reduce their immigration quota, it is a possibility that FSW candidates might have to get a job offer or a nomination to get an ITA. The likelihood of that is pretty low now. As soon as the situation here in Canada gets better, it should be back to the way it was before. Anyone who says the government will stop immigration is just speculating.
The whole point of this forum is speculation if you haven't noticed

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
The whole point of this forum is speculation if you haven't noticed
Of course, everyone is speculating except those who cite IRCC as their source. We have evidence to believe that it will become better as the rounds of invitations are still happening. There is no point in panicking without any concrete proof. I agree with you on the cut-off score spike but it will be temporary.

In my opinion, the situation in Canada is becoming more stable everyday. It won't be long before everything gets back to normal.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Of course, everyone is speculating except those who cite IRCC as their source. We have evidence to believe that it will become better as the rounds of invitations are still happening. There is no point in panicking without any concrete proof. I agree with you on the cut-off score spike but it will be temporary.

In my opinion, the situation in Canada is becoming more stable everyday. It won't be long before everything gets back to normal.
Yes, that's your opinion. Everyone can share their opinion. But, you don't know that it's going to go back to normal and economists are stating that this will be the worst economic recession since 1932 so how can you say that things are guaranteed to go back to normal.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

Hope you're right. :)

Reactions: indianstudent96

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Yes, that's your opinion. Everyone can share their opinion. But, you don't know that it's going to go back to normal and economists are stating that this will be the worst economic recession since 1932 so how can you say that things are guaranteed to go back to normal.
Yes, it is indeed my opinion. Never said others are not allowed to share their opinions. I am inclined to believe it will become better and I am optimistic about it. Let me tell you something, no one can predict accurately what's ahead of us. No one saw this pandemic coming our way a few months ago. Canada is doing relatively well compared to other countries.

I will say this again, things are not as pessimistic as people describe about the circumstances in Canada. It may not be the best time for immigration but that does not mean it's impossible to immigrate.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is going to happen?

dipen135

Jun 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Does anyone know if one can count work experience if his/her workplace is shutdown due to COVID 19 and is currently on CERB.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes, it is indeed my opinion. Never said others are not allowed to share their opinions. I am inclined to believe it will become better and I am optimistic about it. Let me tell you something, no one can predict accurately what's ahead of us. No one saw this pandemic coming our way a few months ago. Canada is doing relatively well compared to other countries.

I will say this again, things are not as pessimistic as people describe about the circumstances in Canada. It may not be the best time for immigration but that does not mean it's impossible to immigrate.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is going to happen?
The only thing I am certain about is the uncertainty in the near future