+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

Srabon31

Sep 13, 2019
If they are the same, why FSW candidates had objection against taking CEC candidates?
A lot people cry about lot of thing's does it change the context though? If they are crying over CEC draw and you are crying over why they are crying then you both should open another thread called Ray Hope of Crying. Additionally it will be very pathetic of someone to think that having objection over CEC will draw attention of IRCC to think otherwise. Chill out man!

Reactions: shinoshino

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
If they are the same, why FSW candidates had objection against taking CEC candidates?
They are not the same. Most people can qualify for FSW, if they have enough points. Only people with minimum 1 year work experience in Canada qualify for CEC.

I only qualified for CEC when I put in my profile, but when I added the LMIA, I also qualified for FSW.

Reactions: mkarimzadeh

Ochenta8

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15 -July-2020
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2020
A lot of PNP happening theses days:

—“Canadian immigration news in brief: April 27 - April 30”

1. Ontario invited 26 entrepreneurs with scores of at least 132 to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence.

2. Nova Scotia invited French-speaking Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence.

3. Sudbury, the largest city in Northern Ontario with a population of nearly 165,000, has held its first ever Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) draw.

4. British Columbia has issued invitations to apply to candidates in Express Entry BC and Skills Immigration streams on April 29.

5. Ontario issued invitations to apply to 190 candidates in 14 skilled trades occupations.

6.Ontario issued invitations to 307 French-speaking Express Entry candidates.

PNP are the next trend for immigration that’s for sure.

Reactions: mkarimzadeh

mkarimzadeh

Sep 25, 2019
A lot people cry about lot of thing's does it change the context though? If they are crying over CEC draw and you are crying over why they are crying then you both should open another thread called Ray Hope of Crying. Additionally it will be very pathetic of someone to think that having objection over CEC will draw attention of IRCC to think otherwise. Chill out man!
Yo

1. Ontario invited 26 entrepreneurs with scores of at least 132 to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence.

2. Nova Scotia invited French-speaking Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence.

3. Sudbury, the largest city in Northern Ontario with a population of nearly 165,000, has held its first ever Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) draw.

4. British Columbia has issued invitations to apply to candidates in Express Entry BC and Skills Immigration streams on April 29.

5. Ontario issued invitations to apply to 190 candidates in 14 skilled trades occupations.

I totally agree.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
The reason is that CEC candidates are mostly already in Canada, they don't have problems traveling. PNP nominations expire after 6 months and it would be a hassle if the provinces ended up having to reissue all the PNP nominations amd link them to your EE profile again in a few months when covid is over.
Those are no valid reasons not to include FSW-O candidates. Application processing takes 6 months plus at least one month which the applicant will take to gather the documents. There's no way the world will be lockdown for that long. Economies will crash.

I really don't understand the reasoning of IRCC.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Those are no valid reasons not to include FSW-O candidates. Application processing takes 6 months plus at least one month which the applicant will take to gather the documents. There's no way the world will be lockdown for that long. Economies will crash.

I really don't understand the reasoning of IRCC.
We’re in a pandemic. You are right that countries ant keep businesses shit down for too long, but as I said, we’re in a pandemic.

To only invite PNP and CEC makes complete sense. Most of those are already in the country, which limits incoming travel. Just because countries eventually open up, doesn’t mean the virus has disappeared. It will be quite some time before we’re back to the way things were. Travel spreads the virus and I don’t think we’ll be back to previous style of invites until there is a functioning cure and/or vaccine.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Leaving this here, but take it with a grain of salt: https://moving2canada.com/express-entry-draw/

To quote from the blog: “Since COVID-19 became a public health crisis in Canada, IRCC has been restricting draws to candidates from either Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC). We have confirmed with a trusted legal source, who spoke directly with key staff at IRCC and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), that IRCC is intentionally limiting Express Entry draws to CEC and PNP candidates in response to the health crisis.”

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Leaving this here, but take it with a grain of salt: https://moving2canada.com/express-entry-draw/

To quote from the blog: “Since COVID-19 became a public health crisis in Canada, IRCC has been restricting draws to candidates from either Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC). We have confirmed with a trusted legal source, who spoke directly with key staff at IRCC and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), that IRCC is intentionally limiting Express Entry draws to CEC and PNP candidates in response to the health crisis.”
I could see that. Their twitter has said some similar things too, right? Something that the CEC and PNP draws have been done to target people who are likely to already be in the country. But they always say they don't speculate on future draws. This quote definitely makes it seem like that is both the idea of the past couple of draws, but also for the future.

It is probably a bit of a win win in a way. People who are already here don't need to go back to another country and start a life there again, in the middle of a pandemic. Staying is definitely easier. At least in my position as someone on a working visa currently. And for Canada they get to keep people already integrated in the economy, who hopefully still have jobs, or will have one once things start up again. And who doesn't need to figure out travel and then find a home in canada and a job. It helps out both parties.

And for people in FSW. There are still only about 4500 people with scores over 470. So a draw of 4000 like the past all pool draw would probably put it right at 471 like before the pandemic. And I wouldn't be surprised if they do a bigger draw or two once things have settled down, just to get the FSW score back to what it was.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

There's no doubt it's because of the pandemic to my mind.

The question is, how long are they going to continue doing that?

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Like i mentioned earlier on, Ontario is issuing its second rounds of invitations with no restrictions to any group. For those waiting on OINP,brace up because this might be the time. Congrats to those who have received NOI

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020

Jan, May and August are usually huge time for PNP so it seems appropriate to see many of them now. OINP requested that their PNP qouta be doubled so if that happens, we may see even more of PNP.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Like i mentioned earlier on, Ontario is issuing its second rounds of invitations with no restrictions to any group. For those waiting on OINP,brace up because this might be the time. Congrats to those who have received NOI
Yes, OINP has invited FSW candidates yesterday. I think next draw will be FSW so that OINP can invite candidates in 460+ range for tech/general draw.