+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 143rd Draw - CEC

sisac9

Aug 2, 2019
Kerala, India
Got a question! Can a person have 2 accounts ( and 2 profiles). With spouse accompanying I got 469 and not accompanying 473. At the current situation I don’t know should I wait untill the score comes to 469 or going forward showing spouse as not accompanying?
No, you can't. But it doesn't make a difference anyway. If the draw is 473 you will get an invite and be able to apply by yourself or you can reject and wait for a later draw. If the draw is 469 you can add your spouse when you submit your application and your points will get re-calculated to 469. You don't need 2 profiles.
It makes a difference if the first draw is for 473 and the next draw comes down to 469 rite? In the sense, if he makes only one profile and if he accepts ITA on the first draw the profile will not be in the pool for 469 score draw and he won't be able to take his spouse with him.

But in case if he keeps two profile, he can accept the first draw for 473 and if the point comes down to 468 before he submits the application (Maybe a Back to Back draw), then can make use of the second profile to accept that rite?

I am not sure about the ethicality and legality of having two profiles, just thinking of loopholes here

Last edited:
Reactions: fsw_hk

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
lol, okay, well done, you found one CEC draw for 808 people in 2015.

That definitely nullifies everything i said about no clear preference for CECs.

Great job. That's so statistically insignificant, it might as well as not have been brought up.

But congrats, you went looking for a CEC draw from the very inception of EE and you found it lol.

If you guys want to continue with this negative attitude, go ahead. I can tell you that if i had this mindset i would never have been able to immigrate, i would have found issues and problems everywhere.

I don't think you guys even understand how Canada works, what their values are, so better to stay in your negative head space and you'll end up achieving nothing.

If you don't believe in Canada's commitment to fairness you don't deserve to be here.
Just pointing out your hypocrisy with not checking your own facts, and now that you've seen I've done it, you're getting annoyed... on an immigration forum. Have a look around and you'll see people here are not agreeing with you. Neither you, nor anyone else, gets to decide who "deserves to be here". I'm not dignifying this conversation with any further responses.

Thank god, if somehow I receive an ITA now, submitted my application and it was approved, I will be able to fly through Air Canada even after June. I feel relieved.
I would say the most important thing is to have submitted an application that is being processed without errors. Once we reach that point, we can happily plan when we want to arrive, who we want to fly with, where we go, etc. But for now, it's getting that ITA that matters. And having all the docs ready.

Cheers to your score! I'm at the same CRS
Well, I believe other than language skills, nothing else matters in Canada for the applicant to survive. I say that because I don't think it is easy for a person to get a job in Canada based on the level of education or work experience as most employers do not value foreign education and experience. So if that is the case how can Canada benefit from such high scores?

In the scoring system, the only criteria I think will be beneficial to the country is the age, less the age longer the person is going to contribute to the GDP and population, isn't it? **nothing against older applicants here**

I think the purpose of the scoring system is more to be able to pick a limited number of applications to process according to the capacity and targets and let the rejected not blame the process of picking. If that were not the case I don't think IRCC would have picked people with 430's and 440's in the past.

As you say, the Canadian government is definitely not suffering because of high scores and I would add that it's not benefitting a lot either. Because no one can say that a person with a low score won't earn more than the cut-off scoring individual and contribute to the taxes that the country will benefit from, isn't it?
Thanks! Good job to you too. That’s a great CRS! :) Hope you get drawn soon.

100% agree with this comment.

Over the last 10 years, there have been several instances where IRCC (or the Provinces) have canceled programs and / or returned large batches of applications unprocessed. People always come back (maybe not the same people) and there are always more wanting to immigrate than there are spaces available. Disenfranchising isn't on the list of Canada's concerns. History has already proven several times that this won't be a problem.
Glad someone else also has this perspective. Yes, I would not be surprised at all if, for every person who gets declined, or decides to leave the pool, another willing candidate will come along in future, and Canada will be fine for skilled immigration. The people and the government have worked hard to create a prosperous and appealing country, and it’s working as intended in terms of attracting the talent they need.

ecko199x

Apr 15, 2020
Hi Guys,

I hope everyone is doing well amid this pandemic. I have a question for you guys. I am thinking about taking another certificate to improve my CRS points. I wonder whether a certificate from Langara college continuing study ( it's a public institution here in BC) would be qualified as a post-secondary credential, and can it be used to improve my points while I already have a degree from SFU?

One consultant said it should not be qualified as a post-secondary program since there is no admission requirement for it. Personally, I don't think it true since there is a general admission requirement for students to be accepted into Langara.

I hope to hear your inputs.

Thank

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Even though the draw does not include the FSW candidates, the CEC and PNP candidates selected for ITA from the same pool reduces the pool size and drains the high score competitors of the FSW candidates.

Saleemasif3088

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Yes and when everything resumes, entire universe will rush to canada and crs will be higher than mounteverest. There will be a narrow belt of time when lucky people with crs 465 to 475 will be able to make it.
This sounds more like wishful thinking. The way things are going, Air Canada has suspended its flight till June. I don't expect any FSW or Generic draw till June. It will be all PNP and CEC only till situation returns to normal. Good thing is due to IELTS not being offered around the world, and WES and other ECA providing institutions suffering delay due to COVID not as many new applicants are able to apply. Good luck to all.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/air-canada-and-others-suspend-flights-until-june-as-sector-slammed-by-covid-19-1.4894281

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yes and when everything resumes, entire universe will rush to canada and crs will be higher than mounteverest. There will be a narrow belt of time when lucky people with crs 465 to 475 will be able to make it.
I am determined to remain positive, however I am also concerned about the competition for finding work for those of us moving around that time. We'll have to wait and see what happens in terms of the economy as well, but I hope things aren't too bad. Canada is doing well thus far with supporting small businesses, from what I've seen. So, hopefully that continues.

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
I am determined to remain positive, however I am also concerned about the competition for finding work for those of us moving around that time. We'll have to wait and see what happens in terms of the economy as well, but I hope things aren't too bad. Canada is doing well thus far with supporting small businesses, from what I've seen. So, hopefully that continues.
I myself, if still pursuing this step, will be mainly for children or passport purposes. I believe many others will adopt the same mindset.
You'd be better off claiming the PR while still working in your home country for few more years until situation changes in Canada.

kyuuan

Nov 30, 2016
Got a question! Can a person have 2 accounts ( and 2 profiles). With spouse accompanying I got 469 and not accompanying 473. At the current situation I don’t know should I wait untill the score comes to 469 or going forward showing spouse as not accompanying?
The only answer is NO. As per CIC's website:
Can I have more than one Express Entry profile?
No. You may only have one profile at a time. This is set out in Canada’s immigration law.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
********* PNP DRAW HAPPENED GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***********

Provincial nominee Program @ CRS 808

Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – April 15, 2020
Provincial nominee Program

See full text of Ministerial Instruction
Number of invitations issued: 118Footnote*
Rank required to be invited to apply: 118th or above
Date and time of round: April 15, 2020 at 14:31:00 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 808
Tie-breaking rule: March 18, 2020 at 10:30:55 UTC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

Reactions: askele

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
DRAW HAPPENED GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Provincial nominee Program @ CRS 808

Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – April 15, 2020
Provincial nominee Program

See full text of Ministerial Instruction
Number of invitations issued: 118Footnote*
Rank required to be invited to apply: 118th or above
Date and time of round: April 15, 2020 at 14:31:00 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 808
Tie-breaking rule: March 18, 2020 at 10:30:55 UTC
Link please??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto