+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 141st Draw

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
There are many things to be considered. Here in Brazil the unemployment rate for the last 4-5 years has ranged between 12-14%. In Alberta, of example, people consider the province is under its worst ever economical crisis because they have a 7% unemployment rate that has lasted 3+ years.
I bet Alberta post-COVID19 will probably have an unemployment rate similar to today's Brazilian rate, and of course, Brazil will touch 20%+ rates.

At the same time, we must consider that in our home countries we already have a career, a network, a history of previous recognized employees, etc. All things that can support us on pursuing new jobs (in case we get layoff because of the post-COVID-19 crisis).

So, it's important to balance all of that. For sure, I believe it will he easier to find a job in my home country with 20% unemployment rate, than it will be to find a job in a new country, with a 15% rate. But, we must consider other aspect to that equation:

1. If I get fired from my current job, I won't have means to pay for private health, and therefore I'll need to rely on Brazil's public health system, which is WAYYYY inferior to the Canadian system (specially if Brazil ends up entering a whole new recession, which will result in deep budget cuts for the system). I also believe the crime rates will rise EVEN more. So, landing in Canada will already provide me better health and safety. That's something to consider.

2. MOST IMPORTANTLY: I've been following the actions taken by pretty much every major country (Canada, US, England, Germany, France, Japan, Australia...) and it's pretty clear that Canada is leading the way when it comes to financial support to individuals and businesses. I wonder if such generous offers from the Liberal government are somewhat related to a strategy that they may be building. Let me explain: once all of this is over, the world will be devastated, not only a single country (except maybe China) won't have suffered a major economical crash. So, the countries that better supports their residents, will be ones that will excel on that post-COVID19 world, because their citizens will be pretty much ready to continue with their daily lives, almost no business will have been closed, very few will have lost their jobs, etc. I really believe that Canada will demonstrate a faster growth in its economy than countries such as France, Germany and England, and in the longterm the investment being carried today will payoff, and Canada will probably climb a few positions in the G20 rank.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
There are many things to be considered. Here in Brazil the unemployment rate for the last 4-5 years has ranged between 12-14%. In Alberta, of example, people consider the province is under its worst ever economical crisis because they have a 7% unemployment rate that has lasted 3+ years.
I bet Alberta post-COVID19 will probably have an unemployment rate similar to today's Brazilian rate, and of course, Brazil will touch 20%+ rates.

At the same time, we must consider that in our home countries we already have a career, a network, a history of previous recognized employees, etc. All things that can support us on pursuing new jobs (in case we get layoff because of the post-COVID-19 crisis).

So, it's important to balance all of that. For sure, I believe it will he easier to find a job in my home country with 20% unemployment rate, than it will be to find a job in a new country, with a 15% rate. But, we must consider other aspect to that equation:

1. If I get fired from my current job, I won't have means to pay for private health, and therefore I'll need to rely on Brazil's public health system, which is WAYYYY inferior to the Canadian system (specially if Brazil ends up entering a whole new recession, which will result in deep budget cuts for the system). I also believe the crime rates will rise EVEN more. So, landing in Canada will already provide me better health and safety. That's something to consider.

2. MOST IMPORTANTLY: I've been following the actions taken by pretty much every major country (Canada, US, England, Germany, France, Japan, Australia...) and it's pretty clear that Canada is leading the way when it comes to financial support to individuals and businesses. I wonder if such generous offers from the Liberal government are somewhat related to a strategy that they may be building. Let me explain: once all of this is over, the world will be devastated, not only a single country (except maybe China) won't have suffered a major economical crash. So, the countries that better supports their residents, will be ones that will excel on that post-COVID19 world, because their citizens will be pretty much ready to continue with their daily lives, almost no business will have been closed, very few will have lost their jobs, etc. I really believe that Canada will demonstrate a faster growth in its economy than countries such as France, Germany and England, and in the longterm the investment being carried today will payoff, and Canada will probably climb a few positions in the G20 rank.
Have you done enough research about this generous government program ? Let me share one link Mr.Evan Siddall shared on this twitter. He is the one of the top non-political leaders in Canada (president and CEO of Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation). The main reason for this is Canadian house hold debt is the highest among developed countries even before the Cov19. That means it's highly leveraged, so it was hard to absorb any negative shock.

https://nationalpost.com/news/economy/coronavirus-crisis-canada-debt-nation/wcm/2ec2e6fa-4e87-4041-a9fc-56e36c2dc939

Reactions: sisac9

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Horrible times for every country both financially and heath-care wise. Immigration in Canada will face backlash from the locals as these are not prosperous times with large scale unemployment. At the same time Canada needs an influx of immigrants for reasons already discussed in previous posts.

IRCC has not explicitly mentioned about EE draws for FSW class but says the draws will continue as normal. Let us refrain from creating a negative environment here as i believe we all are aware of the challenges ahead of us. I face similar issues as people of Canada do in my country, widespread unemployment, lack of adequate healthcare and lock-downs.
Vaccinations and treatments for covid-19 are in phase 3 trails and in the next 6-10 months we will have a cure. Once the cure is out the economy will see a positive trend and this will soon be behind us (might take a couple of years). At the same time one must look at the larger picture and not be diverted by small hurdles and that is what i believe Canada is doing.

To all my friends who are looking for some positive news in these gloomy times LETS HOPE FOR THE BEST FOR TOMORROW!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Horrible times for every country both financially and heath-care wise. Immigration in Canada will face backlash from the locals as these are not prosperous times with large scale unemployment. At the same time Canada needs an influx of immigrants for reasons already discussed in previous posts.

IRCC has not explicitly mentioned about EE draws for FSW class but says the draws will continue as normal. Let us refrain from creating a negative environment here as i believe we all are aware of the challenges ahead of us. I face similar issues as people of Canada do in my country, widespread unemployment, lack of adequate healthcare and lock-downs.
Vaccinations and treatments for covid-19 are in phase 3 trails and in the next 6-10 months we will have a cure. Once the cure is out the economy will see a positive trend and this will soon be behind us (might take a couple of years). At the same time one must look at the larger picture and not be diverted by small hurdles and that is what i believe Canada is doing.

To all my friends who are looking for some positive news in these gloomy times LETS HOPE FOR THE BEST FOR TOMORROW!
Like the positive attitude Jatt. :) I agree. This situation will pass. Perhaps even by the time those of us being drawn now will have their applications finalized. So, no need to be negative here. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Hi Guys, sorry for posting my query here. But its kinda urgent as I am finalising my profile and need some urgent input to participate in upcoming draw, if there is one.

"

I am filing up EE profile and really confused in education and work experience section and need your kind assistance in this regard

My profile details are as follows:

I was doing a job along with my studies for Acca and bachelor (private). I want to claim this job experience for immigration purposes. While filling the EE profile, should I declare both these studies as full time or part-time?

Summary profile :

i) 2017-2019 (Acca)

ii) 2018 bachelor (private) (this is 2-year program but direct exams are allowed without participating in classes. and that's what I actually did. I took exams without any classes or something)

iii) 2017- present (job)

Further, WES has evaluated both degrees without any issue and there is no indication in the certificate for full time/ part-time.

Pls, advise the correct route in this situation."

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Like the positive attitude Jatt. :) I agree. This situation will pass. Perhaps even by the time those of us being drawn now will have their applications finalized. So, no need to be negative here. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Indeed, let's be positive and pray for the best. Pray for one another, too.
I am happy with my job and my life in Singapore, and my career has been blooming for the past 2-3 years. However, I have my personal reason to want to immigrate to Canada. That also means I will have to give up a lot of things.
I believe no country is perfect so I am learning to manage my own expectations, too.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019

Exactly, countries where businesses, especially small businesses, and ordinary people are better-protected financially will bounce back much faster after the pandemic.

And actually, China has taken not one but two blows to its economy. First, China had a two-month national lockdown (with stricter rules than those of any other country), which definitely decimated the national economy and now, China, as the world's factory, finds itself in awkward situation where other countries are closed up and don't want anything made in China except medical equipment.

imran86

Sep 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Hi Guys, sorry for posting my query here. But its kinda urgent as I am finalising my profile and need some urgent input to participate in upcoming draw, if there is one.

"

I am filing up EE profile and really confused in education and work experience section and need your kind assistance in this regard

My profile details are as follows:

I was doing a job along with my studies for Acca and bachelor (private). I want to claim this job experience for immigration purposes. While filling the EE profile, should I declare both these studies as full time or part-time?

Summary profile :

i) 2017-2019 (Acca)

ii) 2018 bachelor (private) (this is 2-year program but direct exams are allowed without participating in classes. and that's what I actually did. I took exams without any classes or something)

iii) 2017- present (job)

Further, WES has evaluated both degrees without any issue and there is no indication in the certificate for full time/ part-time.

Pls, advise the correct route in this situation."

My take (and my agent's) is that you can claim work experience after you have completed Bcom. Depends on what's ur NOC for job experience is. What is your designation?

robstark1255

Mar 1, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
03-07-19
My prediction for tomorrow's draw:
#of ITAs: 3600
CRS cutoff score: 470-472
Why don't think CRS will go below 470 this time? Influx to pool is low for several reasons. I think it would be 467-469. But I am tensed if there will be any draw at all. Corona situation in Canada is getting worse day by day!

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Why don't think CRS will go below 470 this time? Influx to pool is low for several reasons. I think it would be 467-469. But I am tensed if there will be any draw at all. Corona situation in Canada is getting worse day by day!
It's been too long since the last regular draw. Usually, the score goes up by a few points when there are more than 3 weeks between draws. The last two draws were essentially one draw that happened over the course of four days (with 3900 ITAs). So, assuming that the draw actually happened on the 18th of March and the next draw will happen on the 8th of April, it will be an interval of 3 weeks. Though IELTS and ECA reports are delayed, they will only have an impact on later draws.

In simple words, it is impossible to predict the cut-off score due to the current circumstances. Don't get your hopes too high with a 468. If it's going to be a regular draw, I would expect the cut-off score to be higher than 470 due to the backlog of FSW candidates. Let's see what happens. Keep your head up!

Last edited:

G35driver

Jan 17, 2020
Yes the influx rate is lower than before, however new applicants are still joining the pool, plus it has been 5 weeks since the last regular draw. And I believe the number issued ITAs will be slightly less than before

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I honestly believe he was actually pretty conservative.
I don’t think it’s too absurd to bet on 474-475.
I am kinda leaning towards 475ish if it's a general draw. It would be a pleasant surprise if it is below it. I am not too worried about the cut-off as long as we have a typical draw with a good number of ITAs.

If it's higher than 475, do keep in mind it will be a temporary spike.

Reactions: jrossi