+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 141st Draw

Mehjabeen Ahmed

Jul 4, 2019
Not sure from where you encounter all such people. 15 of my friends migrated to different cities - Montreal, Manitoba, Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary (not Toronto) and they all are have an overwhelmingly high standard of living. They are into industries such as IT, Banking, Accountancy, Electronics, Automobile and so on. Both them and their spouses are also working and both together take home $120K per annum (after tax).
Their acquaintances over there too have a super comfortable life.
None of them neither had Canadian Experience nor references. They all came there -> searched jobs -> got it-> now rocking

And in case of Toronto - If every Tom, Dick, and Harry from Punjab, Andhra of India and other places of the world just flock to Toronto as an army ignoring the rest of Canada, then yes, they might do menial jobs. I'm sure that you too will move to Toronto and not to any other cities.

My friends were very selective and that's why they scattered across all those cities and completely averted Toronto.

So it is a BIIIIIIIG No that there are no jobs in Canada. There are wayy too many opportunities if one is really smart enough to move out of Toronto and not to flood it.
Montreal and Calgary are well-renowned for calling applicants instantly when one shows interest in a position unlike Toronto where one has to wait ages for an interview to call him or her

So if you leave Toronto, tons of well paying jobs with super quality of life. If you still wanna flood Toronto, enjoy driving Uber along with the person you met
Hii. I've been silently following this forum for quite some time. My score is 474, it's me and my husband collectively. We submitted our profile on the 17th of March 2020. So, from this post regarding averting Toronto, I wanted to know, I selected all provinces and territories in my application. Will we likely be invited from anywhere?

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Hii. I've been silently following this forum for quite some time. My score is 474, it's me and my husband collectively. We submitted our profile on the 17th of March 2020. So, from this post regarding averting Toronto, I wanted to know, I selected all provinces and territories in my application. Will we likely be invited from anywhere?
If you get ITA via FSW/CEC then you can make choices for where you will reside . Just anywhere

Reactions: Mehjabeen Ahmed

sisac9

Aug 2, 2019
Kerala, India
Congratulations, you have a very good score.

With regard to your question, selecting all provinces and territories simply mean that you might receive Notification of Interest (NOI) from all the provinces if they are interested in your profile, and then you can apply with the province you are most interested in and in case of a successful application, you will get additional six hundred points with the catch being you will have to stay a minimum of two years in the province with which you applied. (Also additional processing time and province application fees)

With your score, you shouldn't need to worry about it as there is a great chance that you will receive ITA in the next draw for FSW category.

Last edited:

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Since we have had specific draws in the past two draws, and a FST specific draws is also by the corner,I would like to see a continuation (FST draw (excluding CEC and PNP).
lmao!!!!! Don’t be scared,it’s just a wish
Finally. So a draw really is very likely. Let’s hope for a general one.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
With 474 you have a great chance to be picked up federally..Manitoba and some provinces do pick up people from the pool, they look at certain criteria: if you've studied there, worked there, have an employer willing to hire you there. You've answered some of these questions already while submitting your profile. That's how they pick you. However with 474, I wouldn't worry, you'll sail through.

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Since we have had specific draws in the past two draws, and a FST specific draws is also by the corner,I would like to see a continuation (FST draw (excluding CEC and PNP).
Everyone seems to be ruling out the possibility of a FSW Only draw. I reckon that's what we are going to see tomorrow.

For those saying the government should concentrate on CEC only due to the expected effects of this pandemic, companies aren't laying people off completely. They are placing people on indefinite leave (without pay) and for those that are still paying, they are going to get benefits from the federal government starting from April. This pandemic would drive back the economy as expected but companies won't close because of this; they will still require the use of labour to carry out their daily operations so technically, people won't be staying out of job for too long. For instance, will the likes of WES or ICES lay off staffs because of this pandemic and refuse to re-instate them when the dust settles? No. Same as other companies around.

The only effect this would have on immigration is the timeline (for obvious reasons). Anything beyond that would translate to 'hear says' and would in turn give way for unnecessary panic.

I predict FSW only draw tomorrow with 467 cut off.

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
That's scary again !!!!!!!!!

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Not sure from where you encounter all such people. 15 of my friends migrated to different cities - Montreal, Manitoba, Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary (not Toronto) and they all are have an overwhelmingly high standard of living. They are into industries such as IT, Banking, Accountancy, Electronics, Automobile and so on. Both them and their spouses are also working and both together take home $120K per annum (after tax).
Their acquaintances over there too have a super comfortable life.
None of them neither had Canadian Experience nor references. They all came there -> searched jobs -> got it-> now rocking

And in case of Toronto - If every Tom, Dick, and Harry from Punjab, Andhra of India and other places of the world just flock to Toronto as an army ignoring the rest of Canada, then yes, they might do menial jobs. I'm sure that you too will move to Toronto and not to any other cities.

My friends were very selective and that's why they scattered across all those cities and completely averted Toronto.

So it is a BIIIIIIIG No that there are no jobs in Canada. There are wayy too many opportunities if one is really smart enough to move out of Toronto and not to flood it.
Montreal and Calgary are well-renowned for calling applicants instantly when one shows interest in a position unlike Toronto where one has to wait ages for an interview to call him or her

So if you leave Toronto, tons of well paying jobs with super quality of life. If you still wanna flood Toronto, enjoy driving Uber along with the person you met
I've been following many friends from my country that immigrated to Canada, and absolutely all of them are in the same boat as yours: all of them have reasonable jobs, with pretty comfortable houses, great cars, travelling to Caribe/Europe once a year, going to the US border from time to time to do some shopping, and so on. Some of these are friends are even in Toronto, or GTA.
All of them have something in common though: a high level of english proficiency. To me, this appears to be the most important asset that any newcomer can have. Have great english skills, build a network (with the help of these english skills), and be an efficient & dedicated employee... you will make it.

Reactions: Raziz and Sharanm7

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Unfortunately, I'm feeling this is going to be a FST draw. It should happen sometime now in April, specially if a draw happens tomorrow (which would mean that we'll have 3 draws in April).

But... based on EE track, when there are 3 draws in a month, the FST one is usually the one in the middle or the last one of the month. So, let's hope for the best!
Standing at 475, and with only 9 weeks left until I turn 31.

Last edited:

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I've been following many friends from my country that immigrated to Canada, and absolutely all of them are in the same boat as yours: all of them have reasonable jobs, with pretty comfortable houses, great cars, travelling to Caribe/Europe once a year, going to the US border from time to time to do some shopping, and so on. Some of these are friends are even in Toronto, or GTA.
All of them have something in common though: a high level of english proficiency. To me, this appears to be the most important asset that any newcomer can have. Have great english skills, build a network (with the help of these english skills), and be an efficient & dedicated employee... you will make it.
Really like the positive attitude! :D The part about building a network intrigues me, cause that seems quite hard to do when you move somewhere and don't know a single person. But I'll certainly try my best. Maybe careers fairs are a good place to start. Or local programs from the government.

Ujaved21

Nov 22, 2019
This update has been there before every draw. So hopefully, there will be a draw I guess. I hope this time they give some chance for FSW guys. HOPE!
Not every draw. I remember sometime ago there was a similar update but draw did not take place. But I hope FSW draw takes place on wed

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Unfortunately, I'm feeling this is going to be a FST draw. It should happen sometime now in April, specially if a draw happens tomorrow (which would mean that we'll have 3 draws in April).

But... based on EE track, when there are 3 draws in a month, the FST one is usually the one in the middle or the last one of the month. So, let's hope for the best!
Standing at 475, and with only 9 weeks left until I turn 31.
You have been here for a while. Wishing you all the best!!

Reactions: jrossi