+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 140th Draw

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
My personal view is that scores may indeed fall to 460s as 2019.
Im @468 trying to increase W 6.5 to 7.0 to achieve 470 :/

IRCC cleared 3900 467+ ... and since then onwards it has become very challenging to enter the pool due to IELTS & ECAs.

Are u inland or outland ?
I'm inland but I don't qualify for CEC. FSW only due to work experience back home. But I have two Canadian grad certificates and a good IELTS. Getting NOC A,0,B jobs are not easy at all. That's why I'm surprised how people are entering with high scores.

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
I'm inland but I don't qualify for CEC. FSW only due to work experience back home. But I have two Canadian grad certificates and a good IELTS. Getting NOC A,0,B jobs are not easy at all. That's why I'm surprised how people are entering with high scores.
True and specially at this time.
Applicants cleared in last draw must've been employed years ago, hence the high scores.

I saw on another discussion that u studied accounting, I did too. May I Plz ask which certificates did u seek in Canada ?

I'm gathering info to plan what I can do once I land. If a relevant certificate will increase chances to land a job I'll certainly acquire it.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
True and specially at this time.
Applicants cleared in last draw must've been employed years ago, hence the high scores.

I saw on another discussion that u studied accounting, I did too. May I Plz ask which certificates did u seek in Canada ?

I'm gathering info to plan what I can do once I land. If a relevant certificate will increase chances to land a job I'll certainly acquire it.
Try to get into a University once you land. Colleges will lure you into their programs--they are crap. Anyone who's a friend with the Chair is given a teaching job-they subscribe to Wiley or Pearson and only talk off ppt's. It's pretty useless. Get into University even if it costs more..you'll be rewarded.

Reactions: |l|R|l|

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
Try to get into a University once you land. Colleges will lure you into their programs--they are crap. Anyone who's a friend with the Chair is given a teaching job-they subscribe to Wiley or Pearson and only talk off ppt's. It's pretty useless. Get into University even if it costs more..you'll be rewarded.
Thx for the advice.

I also researched and found a cert. named ACAF, but all its subjects were already covered in my bachelors. I was thinking about CPA Prep as an alternative.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Thx for the advice.

I also researched and found a cert. named ACAF, but all its subjects were already covered in my bachelors. I was thinking about CPA Prep as an alternative.
I have heard of ACAF, it's another post 12 program. It can get you some entry-level jobs. CPA Prep is a long program. It will take you two years start to finish even if you get credits from your bachelors. I would ask you to look at Masters in Accounting.

Reactions: |l|R|l|

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
I have heard of ACAF, it's another post 12 program. It can get you some entry-level jobs. CPA Prep is a long program. It will take you two years start to finish even if you get credits from your bachelors. I would ask you to look at Masters in Accounting.
Will do. Thx.

Vazi

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-05-2020
Hello,

Does the six month time begin after receiving AOR or after submitting Biometrics ? Please confirm.

Thankyou.

yebie

Mar 4, 2020
Hello everyone. I got ITA on the 4th of March however due to the coronavirus pandemic, I haven't been able to get a reference letter from my previous place of work and also have not been able to do medicals.
Can I go ahead and submit my application regardless with a LoE?
Thanks.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Hello everyone. I got ITA on the 4th of March however due to the coronavirus pandemic, I haven't been able to get a reference letter from my previous place of work and also have not been able to do medicals.
Can I go ahead and submit my application regardless with a LoE?
Thanks.
What's the latest advice on IRCC website?

As far as I know they extended the submission deadline from 60 to 90 days to allow extra time to gather documents with the pandemic ongoing. And if you are affected by the pandemic and still not able to provide the documents close to the deadline I believe they'll extend the submission period if you contact them via the webform to advise them.

Check if there are other allowances though. I'd expect they would want the work reference included. Medical you can probably go without initially, as this is not always necessary upfront, and so many Panel Physicians are not open atm.

yebie

Mar 4, 2020
What's the latest advice on IRCC website?

As far as I know they extended the submission deadline from 60 to 90 days to allow extra time to gather documents with the pandemic ongoing. And if you are affected by the pandemic and still not able to provide the documents close to the deadline I believe they'll extend the submission period if you contact them via the webform to advise them.

Check if there are other allowances though. I'd expect they would want the work reference included. Medical you can probably go without initially, as this is not always necessary upfront, and so many Panel Physicians are not open atm.
Thanks a lot. So does that mean I have to wait till the deadline before submitting my documents? Or can I just go ahead and submit now.