+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
when the score up to 480-490, extra draw doesn't help to lower

I think most ppl here are concerning the lower score (460-470) more than achieve their annual target
How doesn't it help ? Obviously number of applicants at any given score will gradually decrease until it falls to normal 470s or 465s

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Even if they skip draws because of corona, which is understandable, they will have to conduct extra draws to achieve their target for the year, so don't panic. We might slow down now but probably there will be a some kind of boost on ITA for the second semester or a higher target for 2021 to make up for this time.
Possible. It really depends on the frequency and size of upcoming draws, and if there's still people entering the pool considering delays in related services. I don't imagine they'll want to wait too long though. We will have to just wait and see how things unfold.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I'm super worried. I've been in the pool since late January, standing at 469 (after a perfect IELTS CLB10+ in all 4 skills).
Last week I finally attempt the TCF Canada test, got +6 additional points, going to 475. I was super excited, because I knew I would finally receive my ITA.
Now this happens. I'm just completely devastated. Specially because I'll be hitting 31 on the first week of June, so time is now my most valuable asset.

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
There might be the boost but the people that are more worried is about whose PGWP is going to expire in coming 3 or 4months and waiting for ITA to apply for BOWP..People that cant get LMIA have no other option and even who can get LMIA the process takes even more time than usual in the current scenario and may not be having enough time for extension..The rest of them whoever is having time until year ending are safe.Hopefully everything goes to normal soon.
Probably there will be some tolerance due to the circunstances we're in right now.

when the score up to 480-490, extra draw doesn't help to lower

I think most ppl here are concerning the lower score (460-470) more than achieve their annual target
It is not about the annual target per say and my CRS is 460 at the moment so yeah, I am one of those people. I am just stating that they have to achieve their target for the year and if we lose a couple of draws now because of the crisis we are in, IRCC probably is going to have to do bigger draws or back to back draws to make up for that. We lost a draw this week and we still have a lot of countries conducting IELTS so I expect a raise in CRS. Probably less people are taking the IELTS, but some profiles will be created during this time. What I am saying is: even if the score rises right now to 480/490, we have a chance to clear higher scores and see a drop back to 470 and maybe 465+. I think it is highly unlikely that we will see lower 460s in the game again, even if we didn't have corona virus crisis.

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
It seems all the ECA websites have a notice indicating delays or suspensions until further notice.

In relation to your point about IELTS not being a factor, I wasn't too sure of the breakdown of applicants by country so had to google for some info.

End of Year Report 2018 shows the majority of applicants are applying from within Canada. 49% in 2017, and 45% in 2018. That surprised me tbh.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2018.html
In that case ielts and celpip both are almost down until april 17. So influx will be lowered for sure. Thanks for update.

D'trox

Mar 6, 2019
Also, does anyone know if score goes down for members in the pool if your birthday comes before ITA?
Yes. You’ll end up losing 5 points if you turn 30 before receiving the ITA.
On the contrary, if you have already received an ITA, you need not worry!

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Even if they skip draws because of corona, which is understandable, they will have to conduct extra draws to achieve their target for the year, so don't panic. We might slow down now but probably there will be a some kind of boost on ITA for the second semester or a higher target for 2021 to make up for this time.
I really do hope that your prediction is correct. Thumbs up!

Rickyguggu

Star Member
May 19, 2017
I am on workpermit in BC . With one year canadian experience ,WES and ielt I have score of 460 but if i add my indian experience my score will be at 486 . problem is that my job titles are not same . On my canadian Workpermit its painter construction , and my indian job title was director technical and advisor in home decor department. But my job duties are same. what should i do????

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
In that case ielts and celpip both are almost down until april 17. So influx will be lowered for sure. Thanks for update.
Dnt worry about the influx , as in India, last night , ielts exams has been cancelled , and undoubtedly , most people are from India .moreover , ECA services are suspended aswell . Hence , the number of people entering the pool with 460+ would be very few . So, relax guys . Most test takers are from India , and the exam for 21st has been cancelled last night here , even if anyone has already given speaking , have to give it again

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Dnt worry about the influx , as in India, last night , ielts exams has been cancelled , and undoubtedly , most people are from India .moreover , ECA services are suspended aswell . Hence , the number of people entering the pool with 460+ would be very few . So, relax guys . Most test takers are from India , and the exam for 21st has been cancelled last night here , even if anyone has already given speaking , have to give it again
I was under impression that it was cancelled in few states only, rest of the centers are still functional

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I am on workpermit in BC . With one year canadian experience ,WES and ielt I have score of 460 but if i add my indian experience my score will be at 486 . problem is that my job titles are not same . On my canadian Workpermit its painter construction , and my indian job title was director technical and advisor in home decor department. But my job duties are same. what should i do????
To my understanding, your job titles don't need to be the same, so long as the responsibilities for both fall under the same National Occupation Classification (NOC) code. So, you should be fine. Submit both.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
I was under impression that it was cancelled in few states only, rest of the centers are still functional
it’s been cancelled in the whole of indian. but there won’t be much impact since major applicants are on usa and Canada.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
it’s been cancelled in the whole of indian. but there won’t be much impact since major applicants are on usa and Canada.
All tests have been cancelled in the USA also, with no specified end-date. Canada has suspended testing in most centers until mid-late April.
https://www.ielts.org/news/2020/covid19-information-for-our-global-test-taker-community

Results from the March 7th IELTS-G are expected today though, unless they too have been delayed. So it's possible there will still be people entering the pool with high CRS.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Whatever may be the case, scores are bound to be high maybe not significantly high in any draw that will be conducted immediately after the lockdown. We can’t control the world . It’s a big place