Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Now I'm just hoping the next one will happen on or around the 25th. That won't have been such a huge delay then.

Reactions: birwin91

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
I am on workpermit in BC . With one year canadian experience ,WES and ielt I have score of 460 but if i add my indian experience my score will be at 486 . problem is that my job titles are not same . On my canadian Workpermit its painter construction , and my indian job title was director technical and advisor in home decor department. But my job duties are same. what should i do????
You should be fine. I remember reading somewhere that as long as 60% or more job duties match, title difference doesn't matter. You can try asking ircc on twitter. They are pretty good with responding to questions like this there.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
It is apparent that people with huge scores might be entering the pool
We just don't know. Nothing is certain.

With language tests in major centers suspended and ECA delays it's going to be very difficult to enter the pool with a high CRS atm. Education and language abilities are crucial to so many aspects of a CRS.

My point regarding applicants who did the recent IELTS-G on March 7th really depends on whether there is a delay with the reports today. If not, there could potentially be new applicants entering if they also have their ECA. But, even so, the pool will likely stagnate until language tests and ECAs resume in what looks to be 3-4 weeks time at current estimates. The next week will be the best barometer for the current situation, and that's assuming IRCC has a draw. Then it'll depend on size and frequency of draws whilst the pandemic is ongoing.

Reactions: Issygn

PinalThakkar

Oct 4, 2019
Today I got my IELTS result and based on that now my score is 481. Does anyone have any idea how to get a TRF number for BC? Due to COVID-19 IELTS BC will mail the TRF and I cannot collect it by myself and it will take 5-10 business days. meanwhile, there will be a draw, which I don't want to miss.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Even if they skip draws because of corona, which is understandable, they will have to conduct extra draws to achieve their target for the year, so don't panic. We might slow down now but probably there will be a some kind of boost on ITA for the second semester or a higher target for 2021 to make up for this time.
it's a wait and watch really with COVID-19. Remember that people have started losing jobs here and it's only going to get worse. The government may or may not attempt to meet their targets this year (although you could counter argue that immigration could boost sagging numbers). Everything's up in the air frankly. Keep an eye out for @legalfalcon posts - the most informative of all.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
it's a wait and watch really with COVID-19. Remember that people have started losing jobs here and it's only going to get worse. The government may or may not attempt to meet their targets this year (although you could counter argue that immigration could boost sagging numbers). Everything's up in the air frankly. Keep an eye out for @legalfalcon posts - the most informative of all.
what does that guy know about covid-19

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Message on the website of one of the medical exam providers in my city in India:

Canadian High Commission has suspended upfront Immigration Medical Examination (IME) with immediate effect until further notice in view of the COVID-19 situation.

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
Message on the website of one of the medical exam providers in my city in India:

Canadian High Commission has suspended upfront Immigration Medical Examination (IME) with immediate effect until further notice in view of the COVID-19 situation.
My medical was scheduled for tomorrow and my appointment got cancelled by Max healthcare.May i know where you have seen this notification and you are from which city ?