HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Hello guys, I've been following this forum since October 2019 but finally decided to participate here. It seems like we won't have a draw today though.

Reactions: facethereality

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
If country is in recession then they will not invite immigrants. Because if they can’t give jobs to Canadians (Inland people) how they will give job and benefits to new immigrants .
I am not too sure about this reasoning. The real estate prices in places like GTA are kept high due to the high influx of immigrants. Lot of investors are getting high rental yields and sky high capital gains due to new incoming immigrant's need for housing propping up the housing prices. If immigrants do not come in there will be a huge blow to the real estate market and consequently the Canadian economy. I think to prevent a recession due to crash in housing prices, they will not very easily decide to stop immigrants from coming in. Just my two cents

Reactions: |l|R|l| and Canex17

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Worst case it may be after April 5th
Yeah, maybe they stopped all the immigration related works for good till then. I'm afraid of the score if this happens. Our score is currently 450 but my husband sat TCF early this month in the hopes to boost it but I don't even think we will get his score on time.

Reactions: Bobbyj

Rohit22

Dec 20, 2017
I am not too sure about this reasoning. The real estate prices in places like GTA are kept high due to the high influx of immigrants. Lot of investors are getting high rental yields and sky high capital gains due to new incoming immigrant's need for housing propping up the housing prices. If immigrants do not come in there will be a huge blow to the real estate market and consequently the Canadian economy. I think to prevent a recession due to crash in housing prices, they will not very easily decide to stop immigrants from coming in. Just my two cents
The boom in real estate prices esp in GTA and Vancouver is primarily becoz of Chinese investors coming in and investing in property (another way to get a PR) and not because of EE immigrants who have to come and work in minimum wage.
You can judge me for this statement but it's fact.

And do u think the Canadian govt will risk allowing new ppl to come in (they've even barred Americans starting today) just so housing prices are up WHICH will prevent recession!? It's a laughable assumption sorry

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
House price not necessary draw by immigrants...Toronto is a popular city for local people too

In fact, many new immigrants are only able to rent and draw up rental price only

It won't stop immigration...but def raise the score bar from here
Typically when rental prices goes up that pushes the property value up as well. For example if a property goes for $1000 rent, then using that $1000 rental income, an investor is able to pay a monthly mortgage loan of $1000 which translates to a purchasing power of $200,000. Similarly if the rent goes upto $2000, the same property is now worth $400,000 because the increased rent of $2000 now supports the higher property purchase price of 400,000 and it's monthly loan repayment. Not saying you are wrong, but just putting my reasoning out there that even though new immigrants might only rent, they indirectly push up the property values as well.

Last edited:

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
The rumors are alive and well. Just like the coronavirus. You and I have no idea why there was no draw. Best guess is cuz everything's been shut down. The whole recession meets let's not invite new immigrants theory cannot be true. At best, they might adjust targets is all.

Someone here also stated that EE immigrants have come to Canada to work on minimum wage. Nope. Not true. There are people here who are struggling. But, there are so many doing well.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I inquired about my visa office a few days back and got a reply from CIC today, about 4 hours ago. So I am guessing, at least today, people were at work in the CIC offices.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
As I said previously, please don't base your hopes on the spread of corona and low CRS. There is no need to be excited about closure of IELTS and delay in ECA and the resulting impact on CRS.
As a result of economic recession, Canada may reconsider its immigration targets.
Stay positive and safe folks.
That doesnt sound good. Am from toronto. Everyone is getting layoffs. Dont know how bad its gonna affect Economy and recession is on its way. Such a bad times. Everything is uncertain at the moment. Hope everything passes away soon.

Rohit22

Dec 20, 2017
Someone here also stated that EE immigrants have come to Canada to work on minimum wage. Nope. Not true. There are people here who are struggling. But, there are so many doing well.
No one comes to work for minimum wage, they HAVE to as all companies ask for Canadian experience, I've met Indian doctors, engineers and CAs doing that. Of course, things get better with time /experience /network

That doesnt sound good. Am from toronto. Everyone is getting layoffs. Dont know how bad its gonna affect Economy and recession is on its way. Such a bad times. Everything is uncertain at the moment. Hope everything passes away soon.
Exactly, the economy was down anyway with companies shutting down and no jobs even for university graduates , now after COVID19 and recession God only knows how ppl r gonna survive with rental costs 2k+