+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

Kirtikaty07

Feb 26, 2020
Due to COVID-19 (a global pandemic), there're chances that CIC may skip tomorrow's draw. But if in case, draw happens (let's be hopeful), below is my prediction for tomorrow:

PREDICTION FOR MAR 18 DRAW:

ITA’s: 3,900
CRS: 469-471
Hi Nitin,
Firtsly, congrats on your PPR.
Could you please tell me if there has been any affect on your plans to move to canada? like change of your landing date? or your date of joining if you were planning to take up a job.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Due to COVID-19 (a global pandemic), there're chances that CIC may skip tomorrow's draw. But if in case, draw happens (let's be hopeful), below is my prediction for tomorrow:

PREDICTION FOR MAR 18 DRAW:

ITA’s: 3,900
CRS: 469-471
Hey you cannot give a range as prediction, it isn't fair.

Generosuboy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I updated CELPIP scores around 2 hours ago in the profile but the overall CRS score is still the same. How long does it take to get updated?

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Waiting for a 415 miracle by June. Lol
All waiting people will be benefited it seems, no IELTS , no WES makes the score super low may be the everyone in the poll will get invitation in coming months ...

it’s a once in lifetime opportunity, just be in pool and become PR

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
All waiting people will be benefited it seems, no IELTS , no WES makes the score super low may be the everyone in the poll will get invitation in coming months ...

it’s a once in lifetime opportunity, just be in pool and become PR
Mate, IELTS is still conducting exams throughout India. I do not to me pessimistic here but there are lots of slots to write IELTS, not to mention about the famous Computer Based Assessments.
But yes, on the brighter side, all the ECA bodies have notified people that applications going forward will experience a prolonged delay.
So yes, score is definitely coming down to even 455 or so(may be) and some relief.
Enough of these sudden 470s dudes. Seriously enough of them. Not sure from where these people come back to back and keep the score consistently up.
Anyway, everything is prediction until something really takes shape.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Waiting in the pool at 459. Need some luck. My Ielts expires in June, 2020
Buddy myself sitting with 467 score and no hopes that it will come down..so better try whatever you can to increase score..dont hope to get it down instead be prepared for higher score incase if the score drops down good for us.Make sure be prepared for the high score, tomorrow's draw may give any clue of the future draws if the COVID-19 has any impact on the draws or not.Until then better to expect the minimum score 470 for a while this year..Dont listen to false acquisitions that some people making in these threads,some might be panic and sending those comments out of nowhere that doesnt make any sense.

Rohit22

Dec 20, 2017
This 'article' is written by a immigration agent in a Canadaian immigration agency website, it's not exactly unbiased reporting /news. Pls use verified and trusted sources only to get a better picture.
Here in Canada is almost like a lock down and I honestly don't think fulfilling EE targets is on anyone's mind right now.
They are more worried about saving the economy and jobs. They've closed the border for almost everyone apart from citizens/ existing PR. I don't see new people being admitted into the country anytime soon

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
This 'article' is written by a immigration agent in a Canadaian immigration agency website, it's not exactly unbiased reporting /news. Pls use verified and trusted sources only to get a better picture.
Here in Canada is almost like a lock down and I honestly don't think fulfilling EE targets is on anyone's mind right now.
They are more worried about saving the economy and jobs. They've closed the border for almost everyone apart from citizens/ existing PR. I don't see new people being admitted into the country anytime soon
If that article isn't a valid source then what makes you think your opinion on a forum is anymore valid? lol

Instead of stoking fears about what you think IRCC might do, have a look at their website. That will be the first place they release any information. At the moment all indications are there is no change to normal processing operations. Allowances have been made for applicants in affected areas, and COPR traveling to Canada are still accepted.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

As for the economy, you do understand why Canada has the immigration targets it has, right?

Reactions: chemistesa

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
I have noticed since 1 week there are almost 0 new job posting on major job portals. And this not in short time, in more then 2 weeks the virus is going to spread more in Canada because preventive measures were taken too late. But even if it doesn't, restrictions will be left in place with every other country for a long long time, because if even one infected person enters, it risks spreading it again, then another big quarantine will be needed. I bet you can all deduct what that would mean in the long term.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
They may delay the draw until April 13, 2020 ...you never know

Annual Target is useless after the state of emergency and virus outbreak...Toronto is a dead city today as well as rest of Canada today

They didn't cancel the draw but delay will cause the point to 475 - 480 and fewer intake

officer can't handle all those backlog for 1 month...they need to stay home to work and less productive for sure

Helping PR and citizen is their priority after this mess. As for new immigrant,,,no offense...I saw quite a lot new immigrants only worked cash job here/low wage and didn't pay EI, tax ...it didn't help the gov revenue but more pressure

COVID-19: safety measures Lastest update: March 15, 2020

To keep everyone safe, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is cancelling all:

To know when we’ll resume services and to get up-to-date information, see IRCC’s special measures to help clients affected by COVID‑19.
There is zero evidence they are changing immigration targets or processes.

Until they state otherwise, as they have regarding the areas you've quoted, then we should assume they will continue as normal. Everything you quoted from the website is regarding restrictions to in-person meetings and appointments. Don't just assume that if there's no draw tomorrow it's because of the pandemic. The draw dates have never been predictable. We just won't know until IRCC provides info.

And again, targets were announced just last week. They had enough data at that point to account for this possibility in their immigration plans. They didn't just pull a number out of thin air at the last minute and then cross their fingers hoping the virus wouldn't reach them.

If there is a backlog IRCC can hire more agents to assist. More jobs, how about that? But considering language tests, ECAs, document gathering will all be delayed in many places then there will be a slower submission of completed applications, hence the extension from 60 to 90 days.

As for helping current citizens and PRs, IRCC is responsible for immigration; vetting candidates that would provide an economic value to the country. What, exactly, do you think is going to happen to it?

As for new immigrant,,,no offense...I saw quite a lot new immigrants only worked cash job here/low wage and didn't pay EI, tax ...it didn't help the gov revenue but more pressure
What? If they are working a cash job and not paying EI and taxes then how are they putting more pressure? Your opinion doesn't mitigate the fact that there's also many immigrants working on approved permits and contributing to the Canadian economy.

I have noticed since 1 week there are almost 0 new job posting on major job portals. And this not in short time, in more then 2 weeks the virus is going to spread more in Canada because preventive measures were taken too late. But even if it doesn't, restrictions will be left in place with every other country for a long long time, because if even one infected person enters, it risks spreading it again, then another big quarantine will be needed. I bet you can all deduct what that would mean in the long term.
The idea of the quarantine/lockdown is to flatten the curve and not overwhelm healthcare systems. It's been reported that up to 70% of the world's population will get COVID-19, and the majority of those will be mild. Older people and those with underlying conditions are most at risk, so the idea is to spread the number of cases out over a larger period of time, rather than have one big spike, so that those that need medical treatment can receive it. Once cases reduce to manageable levels things will return as much as possible to how they were before all of this started. Cases have already started to decline in China and Italy.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
officer can't handle all those backlog for 1 month...they need to stay home to work and less productive for sure
I do get the overall point of your post, but... If IRCC was really worried about reducing the workload of the immigrant officers that review each profile, then one of the measurements they would apply is increase the deadline to send documentations, from 60 days, to 90 days. Instead, they maintained the 60 days deadline, but allowed applicants to provide LoE clarifying the reasons for the lack of any documents.
So, it looks like immigration draws will continue... maybe with a lower number of ITAs. We'll know more about that in about 18h.

Reactions: Canex17

Diana1993

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I have been following this forum for some time now and decided to join. I am in the EE pool with 468 points. I still have some room for improvement and scheduled again IELTS. However, Kaplan Canada Test Centre suspended the tests, mine is cancelled and I was offered a refund or transfer. I don't know if this information is relevant, but I just wanted to share. Stay healthy :)

Reactions: Canex17

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Guys,

Last week I attempted the TCF test, and just after finishing the test I already received a Preliminary Report, with my Reading/Listening scores. Now, I'm waiting for the final report to come out, with my Speaking/Writing scores. That preliminary report has a Code Number.

Question is: CIEP (owner of the TCF test) has a message on their website stating that their services might face delays due to COVID-19. Also, IRCC states that if any document is delayed due to COVID-19, they will accept it later on.
So... do you think I could already use my Reading/Listening scores on my profile? And then later on update it with Speaking/Writing? (asking this because I believe I could already achieve the cutoff score by simply adding my Reading/Listening scores).

I did a bunch of research to try to understand if I can use the scores presented on the "preliminary report", but simply didn't find anything related to it.