+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
The only good thing about this virus is that it finally ended Globalization, hopefully once and for good. Nothing is going to be the same as before. Everyone should learn to deal with that, whether they like it or not.
You are on an immigration forum complaining about globalization? Hmmmm.... oookay.
One thing I noticed is that this week there's no maintenance note on CIC website, as we've been seeing for the past months. Kinda of a bad sign, isn't it?

(Or maybe simply there isn't enough IT guys in the office to the maintenance tasks, so they're delaying it)
Might be nothing. They don't always have maintenance before a draw. If anything it seems like they had more than usual in recent mosts.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Stop being paranoid, people. Governments are taking extraordinary measures to control this outbreak. As far as I understand, draws are highly computerized, so I do not think they will stop having draws. They might end up removing 'non-essential' personnel from IRCC offices in the upcoming weeks and that might increase the processing time by a bit. However, new candidates might have issues creating profiles due to postponed IELTS tests and delayed ECA processing. I do not expect the score to drop drastically even if this happens. There are so many candidates with 450+ scores, so it will take a minimum of 4-5 draws to clear 450-600 candidates even if no new candidates join the pool. That is definitely not happening. If anything, whatever that is happening now might have an impact on draws that are more than 3 months from now. I hope the score drops in the next draw, but realistically speaking, do not expect to drop by a lot of points. Candidates for this draw would have taken IELTS\CELPIP weeks ago.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
The score may go down to 420 levels in coming months as IELTS has closed all the center, WES closed so no new people can come in the pool and it may make the score down to 460 then 450 .... 420 levels...
Where did you pull this information out of? According to stats released in the last draw, there were at least 44,389 people with 420+ scores. Even if no new candidates join the pool, it would take almost 11 draws with 3900+ ITAs to just clear them. That's never happening.

Lots of people are here to hope for the best, but this is pure delusional thinking. There were at least 18,573 candidates with scores in the range of 451-470 after the last draw. It would take approximately 5 draws (with 3900+ ITAs) to clear them, assuming no new candidates enter the pool.

So, do not give false hope to people. Nothing is as bad as false hope.

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
ircc, cbsa and Justin Trudeau has no time to think how many ITA issue this round or if they don’t meet immigration target

Their main target for now is to put our citizen and Pr safe... they don’t even allow work-permit/student visa to enter the country

the Econ will go downward after the virus and government will put more attention on how to recover the economic...

As for work from home... come on, how can IRCC officer work ‘this’ at home? Can you ask police officer work at home?

Someone mention the score will drop to 430 or 300??? This is too funny lol

i live in Toronto now and I can tell you all the tourist attraction, school, libraries, public events are mostly close and even restaurants are not allowed to dine-in... many office require work from home now...

as for immigration target,, just look at last year.. and this virus outbreak come all of sudden and you can applied a few years back target to now... just like do you expect DOW drop 3 times in a week? Lol
you are not entirely wrong, and i live in toronto too. But still the fact remains that if they are not thinking about immigration at all due to this crisis they would have not released this on news, see link below. And once for all can you please bet about draw on wed that if cic conduct draw then you will stop fear mongering here. I believe you already got your PR and can start building career rather than crushing people's motivation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2020/03/despite-coronavirus-canada-needs-immigrants-0313905.html/amp

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Where did you pull this information out of? According to stats released in the last draw, there were at least 44,389 people with 420+ scores. Even if no new candidates join the pool, it would take almost 11 draws with 3900+ ITAs to just clear them. That's never happening.

Lots of people are here to hope for the best, but this is pure delusional thinking. There were at least 18,573 candidates with scores in the range of 451-470 after the last draw. It would take approximately 5 draws (with 3900+ ITAs) to clear them, assuming no new candidates enter the pool.

So, do not give false hope to people. Nothing is as bad as false hope.
yeah you are absolutely right, it cant go below 450 but some other people saying that there wont be any draw at all and EE will be stopped that is insane.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
ircc, cbsa and Justin Trudeau has no time to think how many ITA issue this round or if they don’t meet immigration target

Their main target for now is to put our citizen and Pr safe... they don’t even allow work-permit/student visa to enter the country

the Econ will go downward after the virus and government will put more attention on how to recover the economic...

As for work from home... come on, how can IRCC officer work ‘this’ at home? Can you ask police officer work at home?

Someone mention the score will drop to 430 or 300??? This is too funny lol

i live in Toronto now and I can tell you all the tourist attraction, school, libraries, public events are mostly close and even restaurants are not allowed to dine-in... many office require work from home now...

as for immigration target,, just look at last year.. and this virus outbreak come all of sudden and you can applied a few years back target to now... just like do you expect DOW drop 3 times in a week? Lol
Was this meant to be a response to me?

But okay, I'll have a go...

Firstly, they've already announced anyone with residency can enter, that includes COPR. They've stated those that arrive within the next month will have their landing interview by phone. Aside from that, I'll mention what I previously mentioned... any ITAs sent recently or in the next few months won't see approval/COPR until the summer. All expectations are COVID-19 will drastically decrease by then. The measures being put in place right now are to prevent overwhelming the health care system and minimising the chance for community transmission.

As for your concern regarding economic revival, this is already one of the reasons Canada has the immigration targets it has. Canada wants immigrants to replace an aging workforce and low birthrate.

Considering the majority of applications are computer-based we know IRCC is already set up to handle these. It's a matter of if they are set up for remote access by their employees.

As for this years immigration targets... they literally confirmed their targets last week. I think it's safe to assume they were well aware of the possibility of coronavirus at that point.

Reactions: ya222

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Was this meant to be a response to me?

But okay, I'll have a go...

Firstly, they've already announced anyone with residency can enter, that includes COPR. They've stated those that arrive within the next month will have their landing interview by phone. Aside from that, I'll mention what I previously mentioned... any ITAs sent recently or in the next few months won't see approval/COPR until the summer. All expectations are COVID-19 will drastically decrease by then. The measures being put in place right now are to prevent overwhelming the health care system and minimising the chance for community transmission.

As for your concern regarding economic revival, this is already one of the reasons Canada has the immigration targets it has. Canada wants immigrants to replace an aging workforce and low birthrate.

Considering the majority of applications are computer-based we know IRCC is already set up to handle these. It's a matter of if they are set up for remote access by their employees.

As for this years immigration targets... they literally confirmed their targets last week. I think it's safe to assume they were well aware of the possibility of coronavirus at that point.
absolutely right

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
yeah you are absolutely right, it cant go below 450 but some other people saying that there wont be any draw at all and EE will be stopped that is insane.
I am guessing they will not stop the draws. At least, they will not stop it until they know for sure that they can not process it (on time).

People with COPRs should not be panicking as they will make accommodations after raising a web query.

Let us see what happens this Wednesday.

Reactions: ya222

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Is anyone else who received ITA in February having a hard time collecting documents before the deadline ? I'm having a really hard time as most offices are closed here in Sri Lanka and I'm afraid that I won't be able to collect the required docs on time. Any ideas on how to handle this situation ?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Is anyone else who received ITA in February having a hard time collecting documents before the deadline ? I'm having a really hard time as most offices are closed here in Sri Lanka and I'm afraid that I won't be able to collect the required docs on time. Any ideas on how to handle this situation ?
Raise a web query, IRCC will most likely give you an extension as long as your explanation is valid.

rscape

Mar 2, 2020
hello everyone!
I have a question about education history in your EE profile.
I have Canadian master and PhD degrees, do I still need to add info about my bachelor's degree (I'm not expecting any extra point) outside of Canada?
if so, do I only need to get a certificated copy of my degree (translated into English), or I must get ECA for that as well?

thanks in advance!

yash.m0723

May 9, 2019
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
I was invited on 19th Feb.
I have few doubts, as due to date of submitting all papers are coming close, it would be a big help if someone can guide me through. Following are the doubts:

Is it advisable to do medical check up during such outbreak time?
I heard that embassy call applicant as well as employer and ask to describe job duties in details, is that true?
What is the exact process once applicant submit all the documents like PCC, medical, reference letter, experience letter, etc.