+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Having conoravirus does not mean the society halts to function. There are other ways such as setting up internal guidelines for the workers and employees how to keep hygience and have better personal habits.

It is the gathering/social activities that are mostly likely shut down/stopped. Stopping work is the last resort.
there is a downsteam impact to closing the borders, which means no more issuing of coprs, which means a pause in processing of applications which means pause in intake of applications which means pause in invites.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Hi All,

I have my bachelor's degree completed in may 2013 and went to the US for masters in Aug 2015 (2 years gap).

My current overall experience is 2.5 years. CRS score is 446 (currently in pool)

Any suggestions on how to cover my gap to increase the CRS score?

Thank you in advance
Maximize IELTS and learn French

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi All,

I have my bachelor's degree completed in may 2013 and went to the US for masters in Aug 2015 (2 years gap).

My current overall experience is 2.5 years. CRS score is 446 (currently in pool)

Any suggestions on how to cover my gap to increase the CRS score?

Thank you in advance
you cant cover the work exp gap.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Canada is barring entry to all travellers who are not Canadian, PR or US citizens. I'm afraid immigration intake will be affected to some extent as well. Let's see on Wednesday what happens with the draw.

Also, companies are already implementing WFH policies - I don't know how public offices can deal with this and whether they are even allowed to work from home. It's going to happen what already happened in Europe - unless you can work from home you won't be allowed to work in the office as usual.
The draw is tomorrow or Wednesday?

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Canada is barring entry to all travellers who are not Canadian, PR or US citizens. I'm afraid immigration intake will be affected to some extent as well. Let's see on Wednesday what happens with the draw.

Also, companies are already implementing WFH policies - I don't know how public offices can deal with this and whether they are even allowed to work from home. It's going to happen what already happened in Europe - unless you can work from home you won't be allowed to work in the office as usual.
Yes, they are basically restricting tourist movement. This does not affect immigration as they've stated residents can still come.

And in Europe people are still going in to offices unless specifically advised not to. People still need to work and pay the bills. It's about being vigilant when it comes to health practices for yourself and others so that we minimise the impact on the health care system so that those who need treatment can get it.

there is a downsteam impact to closing the borders, which means no more issuing of coprs, which means a pause in processing of applications which means pause in intake of applications which means pause in invites.
Except they've already indicated there'd be no major impact as of right now. They'll be extending the window for submissions from 60 days to 90 days after ITA, and if unable to travel after COPR has been granted you must inform IRCC and they will review and extend. Halting EE and any future applications as of right now won't address any issues because anyone applying now won't receive COPR until months from now and won't be travelling until later in the year. Its those that received COPR recently that may be affected and need to figure out their next steps in the current climate.

Honestly, it's like everyone just wants to jump straight to worst-case scenario without considering anything else. Think rationally people. And expect business as usual until we get a clear indicator otherwise.

Reactions: ingoingoingo

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Bro the cic specifically mentioned that there will be extra time 90days given to applicants to submit applications if there are any delays due to coronavirus impact in their location.And also the other article they posted on cicnews about immigration level increase says it is crucial at this time regardless of economic recession or any other factors due to low birth rate and more number of retirees in next decade.They said for the countries where embassies were closed can be given extra time if the explanation letter is provided.So nothing will pause the invites,the invites are not something handed over in person as all of us know.
And also not all IELTS centres withdrawn from conducting tests only a few.If there is a case that all the exam centres closed then IRCC may make changes though they will have enough candidates in the pool as the score drops.The people who were on HOLD like the new candidates(1st time IELTS outland applicants) or others with expired IELTS score need to give attempt will effect in those situations.And IRCC may come up with something in such cases..But for sure dont expect any pause in invitations as if now..About land pooling they have also given extra time as some service centres closed.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
They said any documents that reached their offices after 10th March will not be processed until further notice .. anything received before will be evaluated as normal.
They do not say that. They only say that applications received after March 10th will be delayed.
That delay may be of 1 week, or more, no one actually knows.

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Nobody knows what will happen on wednesday.
Still few people will try to demotivate others at their best.
CIC stated all of their measures, if they had any plan on putting EE process or draws on halt they would have said so.
In worst case scenario they will reduce ITAs because some of their offices are closed(about closed offices, they mentioned on cicnews)

We should speculate on some real grounds from what CIC said officially rather than fear mongering on forum because you already got PR and having survival job to feed yourself at minimum wage so you get your frustration out. Grow up please

http://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/despite-coronavirus-canada-needs-immigrants-0313905.html/amp

Last edited:
Reactions: ABridgy and |l|R|l|

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
The only good thing about this virus is that it finally ended Globalization, hopefully once and for good. Nothing is going to be the same as before. Everyone should learn to deal with that, whether they like it or not.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
One thing I noticed is that this week there's no maintenance note on CIC website, as we've been seeing for the past months. Kinda of a bad sign, isn't it?

(Or maybe simply there isn't enough IT guys in the office to the maintenance tasks, so they're delaying it)