+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

RECH

Feb 3, 2020
Hi...Thank God.. I was at 470...Received my ITA yesterday..Now while registering for PCC,they ask spouse name as mandatory because I am married.But my passport is not updated with spouse name.So if am registering for PCC with spouse name, will i get a pcc with my current passport?
Or do they ask me to get a updated passport before that?
aS ITS Again a time consuming one i thought i am not doing it now..any idea..pls answer?

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Well, The target ITAs of 2020 and 2019 are very close. The issued ITAs until end of Feb, 2019 was 14500. After this draw, the issued ITAs is 14800 until end of Feb. Then B2B draw will continue but come back to normal number like 3500 something.
Actually, there are an additional 4,400 ITAs expected this year, compared to last year. So, if they're close now, it means IRCC still has 4,000+ ITAs to spare.
Yet, even though I really wish this 4,500 invitations remain being delivered for sometime, I do know that it is extremely unlikely to happen. But, who knows? Absolutely no one would bet we would jump from 3,500 to 4,500 in this draw. So, I think the only thing we can do is wait.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Can I really do that? The VO will not calculate my working experience based on the date of ITA? I'm confused man.
So on the date of ITA you did not change your CRS score the system did it accordingly on its own right?

Just wait for the day your 3 years are over, get a reference letter from your employer showing 3 years and then submit your application.
Write in Letter of explanation that the system gave you points just when you ever about the complete 3 years and you waited and did the right thing.

The Visa officer is also a human and he knows the value of an ITA in 2020. By no means are you misrepresenting anything.
Its totally fair and square.

Please I wish to request you again, do not decline the ITA for such a small reason.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
The footnote said that FST were eligible...
Maybe they don't separate the FST draws thuis year, buy include them in regular draws
Which footnote r u talking about bro

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
Thanks. Could you please tell more about medical exam?
If you have received ITA, you can now book for a medical exam at a panel physician's clinic in your country. The following tests will be done by the doctor:
1. Blood test
2. Urine test
3. Chest X-ray
4. Physical exam (blood pressure, weight, height, respiratory exam etc).
5. Eye checkup
You are expected to share your medical history with the doctor i.e if you had any serious illness, info on any major surgeries, past drug addiction, if you had a history of taking pills for mental illness etc.
After the exam, you will be given a form which you will need to upload along with your other documents while submitting your application. Before you leave the clinic, please make sure that your details in the form are correct. Medical exam will remain valid for 1 year. Your COPR will also remain valid till that date. Some clinics need you to carry 2 copies of photograph in addition to your passport on the day of exam.
You can find a penal physician from this link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Reactions: Visavie

YiHello

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Visa Office......
Sydney
Actually, there are an additional 4,400 ITAs expected this year, compared to last year. So, if they're close now, it means IRCC still has 4,000+ ITAs to spare.
Yet, even though I really wish this 4,500 invitations remain being delivered for sometime, I do know that it is extremely unlikely to happen. But, who knows? Absolutely no one would bet we would jump from 3,500 to 4,500 in this draw. So, I think the only thing we can do is wait.
Nice to know the additional ITAs this year . I got ITA on this draw. Good luck for all of us to get the tickets!

Reactions: jrossi

mawaismushtaq

Apr 17, 2016
Is it possible that IRCC is trying to make up for the declined ITA's and the draw size will go back to 3500 from next draw onwards? This sudden increase in draw size is pretty weird.
well the numbers of candidates with cut off remains same, coz more n more enter pool, hence the higher they pick out the better so others get a chance ☺

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
well the numbers of candidates with cut off remains same, coz more n more enter pool, hence the higher they pick out the better so others get a chance ☺
Yeah, just need to wait and see what will happen in the next draw. I'am at 469 and all of the 471 candidates which were accumulating since 4 weeks and most of the people at 470 also got the ITA in the latest draw, so hoping for draw size to be at 4500 and I might get the ITA in the next draw.

Reactions: jrossi

Sonico4122

Feb 20, 2020
Quick question! What’s the point of Ontario making a target draw for these NOCs below while the cut off for express entry was 470? I know they did not know that before, but it was quite predictable. Many will just decline Ontario invitation or will increase their points to save some money. Unless they are already maxed out!

The OINPtargeted candidates with a Comprehensive Randing System (CRS) between 467 and 471, and work experience in the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes:

• 0111 Financial managers
  • 0114 Other administrative services managers
  • 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
  • 0601 Corporate sales managers
  • 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers
  • 0651 Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c.
  • 1111 Financial auditors and accountants
  • 1114 Other financial officers
  • 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
  • 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Hi I am new to the forum. How many of you think that they will continue higher number of ITAs for next few draws !!!!!!

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hi I am new to the forum. How many of you think that they will continue higher number of ITAs for next few draws !!!!!!
In the past years, January month has usually had back to back draws (draw after a one week gap instead of two week gap). This year there was no back to back draw. So most likely these extra ITAs from the missed draw that will be distributed in the next 2 or 3 draws. That is my guess.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I spent the whole day thinking about what were the reasons behind this unprecedented increase in the number of ITAs. I believe it's either:

1. To compensate for the B2B draw that should have happened in the last week of January, they decided to split these 3400 ITAs that would have been given, and today's and next 2 draws will have +1000 ITAs than the usual.

2. Maybe CIC was not expecting such increase in the number of candidates in the 450-600 range, and realized that Canada could benefit from these immigrants in the 465+ range that are currently being ignored. When the cutoff was fluctuating between 440-450, they really didn't have to pursue the candidates in the 430 range, because most of them didn't even had CLB9, they simply were not an asset for the Canadian economy. Maybe it's a crazy ideia, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they release a new target for 2020 in the coming weeks, to accommodate highly skilled professionals that want to immigrate, but are not being given the chance.

3. They're planning FST for next week, but do not want to see the usual spike in the CRS cutoff that post-FST draws usually get, because that would frighten very qualified outland candidate, that wouldn't be able to beat a +480's cutoff reality. That could easily turn EE into an inland process (pretty much just like almost all PNPs programs that required job offers).
1. Yes this might be the case, They prefer their work being nicely spreaded so too many spikes makes it more difficult.
2. I do not think they do care at all if they have many candidates in the range of 450-470 or not. All they care is to fullfill the quota. If they are told to admit that amount of candidates, they will do it. CRS points of each draw is just the result of increasing competition.
3. such reasoning is not probable. They have much easier option of B2B draw just for FST / PNP, they do not do a special spike like that.