+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi folks, I have a question that im hoping someone can answer. I have completed a bachelor's degree(major in Business) in Canada and an associate degree(major in business) back in my home country. Can I declare that I have two or more degrees while applying for EE? I am confused since the question from the CRS score calculator is the highest education instead of how many degrees or whatsoever have been completed.
You may be able to claim two or more degrees but you'll need ECA for your degree first.

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
is this your first IELTS attempt? If not, grab your attempt and check the previous TRF, since I'm in Argentina the first digits vary from country to country.

19ARG(CANDIDATE#)LASR033G = CountryCode + Candidate# + Region + TestCentre + General or Academic
I have errors, I will post an update on the way this works.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Minister Mendicino Live webcast earlier today was truly a ray of hope. He said a lot and we hope they result in increased ITA’s and other immigration schemes . All the best to us !!

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Minister Mendicino Live webcast earlier today was truly a ray of hope. He said a lot and we hope they result in increased ITA’s and other immigration schemes . All the best to us !!
yeah, so I think it is safe to say that above 4K draws will be continued for a while.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I read some articles about today's talk, but didn't actually read anything regarding an increase in targets. Did he explicitly mentioned an increase? Or forecasted the possibility of an increase in the total number of immigrants to be welcomed in 2020?

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I read some articles about today's talk, but didn't actually read anything regarding an increase in targets. Did he explicitly mentioned an increase? Or forecasted the possibility of an increase in the total number of immigrants to be welcomed in 2020?
While he didn’t mention any year, he did said that Canada’s population is expected to increase by 100 % through immigration.
He also said that despite progressive plans on child-benefit plan, “we have not moved the dial enough on increasing canada’s population”his words in quote

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
While he didn’t mention any year, he did said that Canada’s population is expected to increase by 100 % through immigration.
He also said that despite progressive plans on child-benefit plan, “we have not moved the dial enough on increasing canada’s population”his words in quote
What he actually said was that it was expected that immigrants will be responsible for 100% of the Canadian population increase by 2035 (currently, 80% of the increase comes from Immigrants). It's not that the population will double (100%) because of immigrants.

Anyway, I'm super curious to check his speech at Ottawa Parliament in March. I hope we may see some revised numbers for 2020 (which would explain the 4,500 ITAs), or some chances to increase the likelihood of outland applicants getting ITAs (since EE will probably become an inland program by the end of this year if the current trend persists)

Last edited:

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
He only said they are looking at around 1million immigrants between now and 2023.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
What he actually said was that it was expected that immigrants will be responsible for 100% of the Canadian population increase by 2035 (currently, 80% of the increase comes from Immigrants). It's not that the population will double (100%) because of immigrants.

Anyway, I'm super curious to check his speech at Ottawa Parliament in March. I hope we may some revised numbers for 2020 (which would explain the 4,500 ITAs), or some chances to increase the likelihood of outland applicants (since EE will probably become an inland program by the end of this year if the current trend persists)
Yeah, not to double but to increase from 85% to 100 by 2035. Hopefully he say something positive in March. He is smart and i think he knows what is best for Canada and the effect of having outlanders in the country.until then, we await the next draw

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
thats over 200k people yearly. Huge thou. Numbers of ITA doesn’t equate that of PR anyways. They must have noticed that
"Over 1 million in 3 years" is already the state we're currently living, that was the path for the 2019-2021 plan. This year's target is close to 350k immigrants. It counts both EE, as well as PNPs, AIP, Refugees, etc.

Reactions: Issygn

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
"Over 1 million in 3 years" is already the state we're currently living, that was the path for the 2019-2021 plan. This year's target is close to 350k immigrants. It counts both EE, as well as PNPs, AIP, Refugees, etc.
No wonder you are looking forward to his speech in march. He however said he will be unveiling the already distributed letters to parliament for a dialogue at the parliament.i hope he gets an easy ride .

Reactions: jrossi

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Minister marco will hopefully give some good news to all. I am getting 470 points today and my year will be finished on april 02. I know I cant accept invitation now otherwise my application will be rejected. That makes me wonder almost everybody decline ITA 1 or 2 time unless their employment started on 1st of respective month. This needs to be changed.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Minister marco will hopefully give some good news to all. I am getting 470 points today and my year will be finished on april 02. I know I cant accept invitation now otherwise my application will be rejected. That makes me wonder almost everybody decline ITA 1 or 2 time unless their employment started on 1st of respective month. This needs to be changed.
You can accept invitation and submit your documents before the profile due date.