+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 135th Draw

FatehM

Jul 10, 2019
Qatar
NOC Code......
Guys I have a question with regards to Visa refusal.

This is around June - Oct 2009, I was close to 16 or 17 years old. I had applied for US Study Visa to attend a Flight School in June 2009 and was approved. However when I landed in USA, the immigration officer noticed that my I-20 said M-1 Visa but the Entry Visa stamped in my passport was F-1. Due to the discrepancy, my visa was cancelled on port of entry by the immigration officer and I was given a US Visa Waiver. I was told that when I visit my home country next time, I should apply for a fresh Visa before I return. .

Also, there were some issues with the flight school that I was suppose to attend and I was misguided by the flight school representative and I was not able to change to a different flight school due to the Visa Waiver restrictions. Therefore, I had no option other than to return to my home country and apply for a new US Visa. However, When I applied for a New US Student Visa in Oct 2009, my application was rejected and the US Visa officer advised me to try again after 3 to 6 months as I was blocked in the system.

Thereafter, I dropped my dream of becoming a pilot and went down a different career path.

Now, coming to the question, during EE application, "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

Should I answer - Yes and explain if asked later or say No, since this happened before I was 18 years of age at the time. I am 27 Now and this was more than 10 years ago.

I did not come across the above question during submitting my EE. or maybe I have forgotten about it. I would really like to know if the above question to be answered after ITA is received while filing for PR?. As I am frantically searching for the question in my EE application that I have submitted and I am unable to find it.

Thanks for your time and help guys!

Last edited:

Dejapoo

Aug 5, 2019
@Mandeep1989 @tenzinbhutia
Thanks you both for the quick response.
I have an additional query. On June 22nd ,2019 I applied for a student visa for graduation at a Canadian University, till now decision to this visa is expected and there is no final decision made as yet. Now I have applied for the express entry and my agent says the medical which was done for student visa will be valid for Express entry as well.
What are your views?
Thank you

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Guys I have a question with regards to Visa refusal.

This is around June - Oct 2009, I was close to 16 or 17 years old. I had applied for US Study Visa to attend a Flight School in June 2009 and was approved. However when I landed in USA, the immigration officer noticed that my I-20 said M-1 Visa but the Entry Visa stamped in my passport was F-1. Due to the discrepancy, my visa was cancelled on port of entry by the immigration officer and I was given a US Visa Waiver. I was told that when I visit my home country next time, I should apply for a fresh Visa before I return. .

Also, there were some issues with the flight school that I was suppose to attend and I was misguided by the flight school representative and I was not able to change to a different flight school due to the Visa Waiver restrictions. Therefore, I had no option other than to return to my home country and apply for a new US Visa. However, When I applied for a New US Student Visa in Oct 2009, my application was rejected and the US Visa officer advised me to try again after 3 to 6 months as I was blocked in the system.

Thereafter, I dropped my dream of becoming a pilot and went down a different career path.

Now, coming to the question, during EE application, "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

Should I answer - Yes and explain if asked later or say No, since this happened before I was 18 years of age at the time. I am 27 Now and this was more than 10 years ago.

I did not come across the above question during submitting my EE. or maybe I have forgotten about it. I would really like to know if the above question to be answered after ITA is received while filing for PR?. As I am frantically searching for the question in my EE application that I have submitted and I am unable to find it.

Thanks for your time and help guys!
It’s okay to explain and mention the facts. Refusal has no impact on your PR application as long as these weren’t for misrepresenting or criminal grounds. You would also need a PCC from US and any other country that you’ve lived for longer than 6 months.

Reactions: hypervariate123

FatehM

Jul 10, 2019
Qatar
NOC Code......
It’s okay to explain and mention the facts. Refusal has no impact on your PR application as long as these weren’t for misrepresenting or criminal grounds. You would also need a PCC from US and any other country that you’ve lived for longer than 6 months.
In total I was in the United States for 3 months or so and I have not gone back to US after that. Since it was before I turned 18 do I have to get PCC from US as well? As far as I am aware, they ask for PCC for countries you have stayed for more than 6 months after 18 years of age. Correct me if I am wrong.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
In total I was in the United States for 3 months or so and I have not gone back to US after that. Since it was before I turned 18 do I have to get PCC from US as well? As far as I am aware, they ask for PCC for countries you have stayed for more than 6 months after 18 years of age. Correct me if I am wrong.
I suggested this assuming you may have lived in US for a bit and turned 18 as well before you returned to India. But, like you said you only lived there for 3 months, you don’t need to bother about it.

mudjawd

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
hi All. for wife's 12th degree (high school degree) I get 2 points. literally on last mile trying to squeeze in maximum. do I need her 12th to be evaluated by WES or just having marksheet/certificate will be enough. Everywhere I read it says only graduation or more needs evaluation.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
hi All. for wife's 12th degree (high school degree) I get 2 points. literally on last mile trying to squeeze in maximum. do I need her 12th to be evaluated by WES or just having marksheet/certificate will be enough. Everywhere I read it says only graduation or more needs evaluation.
That is incorrect. You need to prove Secondary School equivalent education as well by having it assessed by WES.

preetheer

Jan 4, 2020
Please can someone provide realistic timelines for oinp? My agent says they have been taking 4-5 months lately to issue nomination ...
Just received noi on 15th jan. Sitting at 463 in ee pool.
processing time is 30-40 days , depends on the stream you have applied.I have also submitted my OINP application after awaiting in pool with 465 CRS.

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Can someone please help me. I'm currently working full time in Canada on PGWP and it's expiring in ~2.5 months. I still have yet to be drawn but I just got my new IELTS score and I'm now at 484. Based on stats I'm expecting to get an invite on the next draw, unless I'm missing something?

I have some Questions for anyone who has an insight on this...

Now, if I were to submit my application the moment I (hopefully) get an invite, including medical report, police certificate (Q1. does this need to be in english?) and bank statement (Q2. I read that you don't need a bank statement when you apply in the Canadian Experience stream, is this right?); Q3 what are my chances? Q4. Should I book my flight because ~2 months is not enough. Q5. Is there a change of status, bridging, etc.. that I can apply for while waiting for the application? I think my employer can accept a leave of a few months.

Thanks!!!

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Can someone please help me. I'm currently working full time in Canada on PGWP and it's expiring in ~2.5 months. I still have yet to be drawn but I just got my new IELTS score and I'm now at 484. Based on stats I'm expecting to get an invite on the next draw, unless I'm missing something?

I have some Questions for anyone who has an insight on this...

Now, if I were to submit my application the moment I (hopefully) get an invite, including medical report, police certificate (Q1. does this need to be in english?) and bank statement (Q2. I read that you don't need a bank statement when you apply in the Canadian Experience stream, is this right?); Q3 what are my chances? Q4. Should I book my flight because ~2 months is not enough. Q5. Is there a change of status, bridging, etc.. that I can apply for while waiting for the application? I think my employer can accept a leave of a few months.

Thanks!!!
Q1: it needs to be in English or french. Or needs to be translated as per IRCC guidelines.
Q2: no need for bank statement for CEC
Q3: with 484 you are sure to get in next draw
Q4 and q5: once you receive ITA and submit your application you can continue working on implied status. Not sure about the process but you definitely don't need to leave the country

Reactions: s3nr1