+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 133rd Draw

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
What are the chances of a draw next week?? Last year there was a b2b draw and the total of ITAs issued last year was 89,800 and for 2019 the up-to-date total is 82,100. This makes me wonder there are high chances of a draw next week.
Are you sure about those numbers...If yes that means we still have chance .

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Relax. CIC doesn’t care about scores etc. It is just competition.

FYI - A memo went out to the entire research group within Google few weeks back to apply for Canadian PR as a back-up option. The group consists of 150 and more PhD’s. This group easily will have score exceeding 470. This is just one set I know about. There could be tens of thousands of folks doing the same.

Don’t fall into conspiracy theories. No one is out to get you or keep scores inflated. It is just the sign of times. I mentioned in an earlier post that 450’s is the new 430’s. But for a freak occurance there is little chance of it going back. Best to try and improve scores if possible. Good luck to all going forward.
THIS.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
If they didnt reach their target number of ITAs, there should be draw next week right? Can anyone please provide information on if they reached their 2019 ITAs target.

nihalpandit

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2020
Are you sure about those numbers...If yes that means we still have chance .
Here is a quick summary for this year (pardon my writing) and the graph is for last year.

if you add the total in the second image you get 82,100

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
next draw will happen after four weeks,
Hi All I need Advise.
Score with my Spouse is 464 and If i apply seperately it is 470. Do you think
1 . I should wait for OINP in Jan to get PR for both of us with the score of 464
2. My IELTS expires on Mar 24 so after getting OINP but before submitting EE profile if my IELTS expires would i be ineligible assuming my next IELTS scores are not as good ?

Or just avoid complications and apply seperately with score 470? My WP is also in progress and my spouse can get an open WP after landing there right?

Thanks
Cb
How are you so sure that you will get OINP in Jan next year?

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
my score is 470, i got invitation before, and last week my application was rejected due to incomplete docs, for police certificate and it was really surprising as the docs were fine and they were translated by certified translator and there was a copy of original doc that includes the sign of translator and there was written that it's true copy of doc and officer mentioned why i didn't provide original doc.
now i created my profile again and it's really tough to me i don't know i would get the IAT again or not as my score will decrease on march because of the age.
You can try raising a CSE for the rejection. It may take a few weeks but I have seen where persons files were reopen especially if the information was provided. You can even raise the case and attach the original document. It doesn’t hurt to do it as it’s not going to cost you any money.

prateek2108

Dec 24, 2018
Pool size as of Jan 3,2019
451- 600 - 1,919
601-1200 - 284

Pool size as of Dec 11,2019
451-600 - 15,917
601-1200 - 715

That's massive - 14,000 in 11 months

No score is safe.
All the statistical data can be put in a bin
History need not repeat itself (with regards to b2b)
Intentions are very clear from IRCC.
THERE IS NOTHING CALLED AS A YEARLY TARGET , it's just proving to be an eyewash.

2 months ago 460+ were placed comfortably and now they are almost irrelevant in this RACE.

Was at 432, waited for an year - completed one year pg diploma ,got the ECA, jumped to 465 last month.8.5777 in IELTS. Looks like CLB 10 is the only hope now. And the wait/struggle is real now....

Skitles

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Really unfair to put Canada in there with US (or any other nation frankly speaking).

Canada is probably the only developed nation with the most transparent and straightforward immigration system. Short of coming to your home and handing you a PR invite they are doing everything else.

Of course the nation badly needs to increase its youth and tax paying population but that’s a different story.
I totally agree that Canada is quite transparent and straightforward.
Just that even Canada is following the route of US and Australia in terms of immigration difficulty, that's what I meant in the post :)

It's still not totally impossible to achieve, just that right before every round of invitation I felt like the ITA was so close, yet after it happened the ITA seemed moving a bit further away. So I'm like a donkey and the ITA is like the carrot in front of my face. Just hope that one day I will catch the carrot.

Skitles

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
I submitted my profile on 10th Dec and my point is way higher than 472 in today's draw. Am I eligible based on my submission date? If so, how long does it take for getting ITA in account?
If your score is higher than 472, the tie-breaking rule does not apply to you, and yes you will get the ITA within 24 hours.
Congrats :)

Soheiltoope

Dec 5, 2019
Guys, I'm following this ROH forums since my CRS at 439 and the ITA score was 440 (Aug 2018), I increased mine to 449 and then 451 and yet all in vain. I contacted some senior members of the ministry and knew that Canada's plan is to limit the Federal EE which you all know better than me end up to live in GTA and Vancouver. The government needs people for developing provinces instead of Ontario and BC. This is an official fact, you all should understand and respect. Why should CIC want 440-450s while a pile of +470s are in the queue. Qualitatively, if you are the Canadian minister of immigration why won't you prefer younger, more educated and more fluent guys in English and French to come to Canada. Why the heck should I care about desperate people of other developing countries? ( sorry If I seem cruel and negative)

So in July 2019 ( after the FST mess and CRS shoot up), I applied in PIE and Manitoba first of course with a very low hope. Also, just 3 months ago I submitted EOI for SINP EE the moment they changed the in-demand list to the more inclusive list of NOCs. They have invited a figure like 4-5 thousands people recently and for sure this will even increase more the CRS next year. To encourage all and boost everyone's morale, for the program of SINP ISW EE and with my NOC 0016: Senior Managers and 10y of work experience the below timeline happened:
SINP ITA October 2nd
Submitted Application November 8th
No ADR, it took 2.5 weeks to become "In Process"
Nomination December 2nd
Almost 24 days total length, processing just 7 days while the processing time on the website is mentioned to be 10 months!

Today, my Federal ITA is also received ( my score was 1046) and I hope CIC will not make excuses to reject.
As conclusion, rely on PNP and stop dreaming to live in Ontario and BC from the beginning, especially those of you with the education or work experience in Canada.

SophiaLuo

Nov 27, 2019
I just calculated roughly, the target of 2019 has been met.
The target for 2020 is said to be 85800, according to: https://www.cicnews.com/2019/07/express-entry-mid-year-2019-report-41800-candidates-invited-to-apply-for-permanent-residence-0712463.html
if we wipe out about 1000 - 1100 FST itas, then it would be 84700 for CEC, if they conduct 2 draws per month, there would be 24 normal draws.
(hopefully there should be 2 b2b draws to make up for the skipping of FST draws)
Then each draw there will be around 3500+ itas.
Then considering PNP may pour after May, before May there will be around 3300 - 3500 itas.
Then the crs is gonna be scary.
:oops::oops::oops:
AND I am not sure there will be a b2b draw in Jan, cuz recent draws were all worse than I thought:oops::oops::oops:

Reactions: PGDota

nihalpandit

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2020
I just calculated roughly, the target of 2019 has been met.
The target for 2020 is said to be 85800, according to: https://www.cicnews.com/2019/07/express-entry-mid-year-2019-report-41800-candidates-invited-to-apply-for-permanent-residence-0712463.html
if we wipe out about 1000 - 1100 FST itas, then it would be 84700 for CEC, if they conduct 2 draws per month, there would be 24 normal draws.
(hopefully there should be 2 b2b draws to make up for the skipping of FST draws)
Then each draw there will be around 3500+ itas.
Then considering PNP may pour after May, before May there will be around 3300 - 3500 itas.
Then the crs is gonna be scary.
:oops::oops::oops:
AND I am not sure there will be a b2b draw in Jan, cuz recent draws were all worse than I thought:oops::oops::oops:
last year the target was 74,900 but they issued 89,800 so I don't think it's predictable anymore. (We still might see another draw next week).

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Do you know about the Australian system enough to comment?

I am asking not in a confrontation way. I simply don't know and people always compare the Australian systems with the Canadian one.
No I don’t know much about Australian. From what I have heard it used to be like Canada, that is a point or merit based system. It used to accept a lot of people few years back but it has tightened its intake. Australian PR is very hard to get now. Hence some turning towards Canada.

The main reason being most of the people settle in major cities obviously which has created a bottleneck and expensive cost of living.

Same scenario happening in Canada now as everyone aims for Toronto or Vancouver. Hence the sensible decision for authorities is to encourage provincial nomination and reduce general EE intake to spread out the immigrants to less populous areas.