VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
20 rounds LOL Thanks for the kind reminder to start seeking a plan b.
Never be without the plan B :)

I sit with around 466 but even then i am seeking what are the other options. (p.s. i am being held up by other things)

Vazi

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-05-2020
Never be without the plan B :)

I sit with around 466 but even then i am seeking what are the other options. (p.s. i am being held up by other things)
I believe those with 465 and above should wait to see what happens in dec and if a B2B draw takes place. Only then will it be wise to retake IELTS.

Reactions: aonanuga002

blueshark

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
CIC will not try to lower the score - its funny, why do they need to?

The fact is that getting 450 is difficult and there is no huge increase in the number of entries (apart from strange increase of 5000 in October), which means that only DUE to the lower draw numbers and FST the score been increased as of now to 470.

It has to stabilize and it will, will it ever go to 440? No!

Will it go to 451-460? Yes.
Much needed post :) Feeling anxious at 458. I hope this prediction comes true.

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
That is one great improvement. I am getting Liz videos too.
I only followed Liz's online tutorials for two weeks, especially for the writing samples and formats. Worked great, got 3 CLB 10s and only CLB9 in listening, which made me question my hearing ability rather than my English skills.

Reactions: Dr Seun

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Sitting at 468 crs from Oct .no ita yet. So much of disappointment
wait for some more time i am at 470 so another draw would clear majority.

Reactions: naija2canadapr

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Thats
I only followed Liz's online tutorials for two weeks, especially for the writing samples and formats. Worked great, got 3 CLB 10s and only CLB9 in listening, which made me question my hearing ability rather than my English skills.
That's great.I feel listening is the trickiest module.Even if you listen everything well somehow you mess something up at the end.Like i always miss the capital first letter for proper nouns, some spelling mistakes etc.I always loose marks in that.

Reactions: Lazybug

Adnan Shakeel

Nov 17, 2017
Thats

That's great.I feel listening is the trickiest module.Even if you listen everything well somehow you mess something up at the end.Like i always miss the capital first letter for proper nouns, some spelling mistakes etc.I always loose marks in that.
For, IELTS listening and reading, always write your answers in capiltal letters e.g. instead of writing "Tree" write "TREE" on your answer sheet.
I used this strategy and got 8.5 in listening and 8.0 in reading last month.

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
For, IELTS listening and reading, always write your answers in capiltal letters e.g. instead of writing "Tree" write "TREE" on your answer sheet.
I used this strategy and got 8.5 in listening and 8.0 in reading last month.
Ahan.That sounds like a strategy.I read it somewhere but did not apply i wasn't sure if this is allowed or not.I will do this now, i hope will save me some marks.

HarisAli

Aug 29, 2019
Got the ITA on 27th Nov. Upfront Medical Form is necessary for application submission? I have all related documents readily available with me. But the most recent Medical exam appointment I am getting is 11th Dec. My IELTS result would expire on 1st Feb, 2020. Should I take the chances and submit my application with that?

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
I've been tracking the number of OINP nominations being issued between each draw, taking the myimmitracker site as a proxy. There has been no end to the continuous flow of nominations as yet. There were 22 nominations reported at this site in the period between Nov 13 and Nov 27, which is even more than there were between Oct 30 and Nov 13. Some of these are even from the August 1 NOI group, and not from the August 15 NOI group.

myimmitracker is just a proxy, but I strongly suspect OINP continues to be the main reason behind the high cut-off. There were plenty of nominations issued on November 25th and 26th. The pool had 709 candidates with 600+ points on November 23rd. This could easily have exceeded 1,000 by the 27th.

So I'd stay calm and wait for another two draws for the OINP effect to completely mitigate. The score should come back to the early 460s after that.

Reactions: naija2canadapr

naija2canadapr

Jul 17, 2019
Got the ITA on 27th Nov. Upfront Medical Form is necessary for application submission? I have all related documents readily available with me. But the most recent Medical exam appointment I am getting is 11th Dec. My IELTS result would expire on 1st Feb, 2020. Should I take the chances and submit my application with that?
Please wait and do your medicals. You an submit immediately you get home on the 11th. They will give you a form to upload on that day. So, you get home, scan, upload, go over your application one last time and submit.