+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 132nd Draw

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
That is one great improvement. I am getting Liz videos too.
I only followed Liz's online tutorials for two weeks, especially for the writing samples and formats. Worked great, got 3 CLB 10s and only CLB9 in listening, which made me question my hearing ability rather than my English skills.

Reactions: Dr Seun

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Thats
I only followed Liz's online tutorials for two weeks, especially for the writing samples and formats. Worked great, got 3 CLB 10s and only CLB9 in listening, which made me question my hearing ability rather than my English skills.
That's great.I feel listening is the trickiest module.Even if you listen everything well somehow you mess something up at the end.Like i always miss the capital first letter for proper nouns, some spelling mistakes etc.I always loose marks in that.

Reactions: Lazybug

Adnan Shakeel

Nov 17, 2017
Thats

That's great.I feel listening is the trickiest module.Even if you listen everything well somehow you mess something up at the end.Like i always miss the capital first letter for proper nouns, some spelling mistakes etc.I always loose marks in that.
For, IELTS listening and reading, always write your answers in capiltal letters e.g. instead of writing "Tree" write "TREE" on your answer sheet.
I used this strategy and got 8.5 in listening and 8.0 in reading last month.

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
For, IELTS listening and reading, always write your answers in capiltal letters e.g. instead of writing "Tree" write "TREE" on your answer sheet.
I used this strategy and got 8.5 in listening and 8.0 in reading last month.
Ahan.That sounds like a strategy.I read it somewhere but did not apply i wasn't sure if this is allowed or not.I will do this now, i hope will save me some marks.

HarisAli

Aug 29, 2019
Got the ITA on 27th Nov. Upfront Medical Form is necessary for application submission? I have all related documents readily available with me. But the most recent Medical exam appointment I am getting is 11th Dec. My IELTS result would expire on 1st Feb, 2020. Should I take the chances and submit my application with that?

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
I've been tracking the number of OINP nominations being issued between each draw, taking the myimmitracker site as a proxy. There has been no end to the continuous flow of nominations as yet. There were 22 nominations reported at this site in the period between Nov 13 and Nov 27, which is even more than there were between Oct 30 and Nov 13. Some of these are even from the August 1 NOI group, and not from the August 15 NOI group.

myimmitracker is just a proxy, but I strongly suspect OINP continues to be the main reason behind the high cut-off. There were plenty of nominations issued on November 25th and 26th. The pool had 709 candidates with 600+ points on November 23rd. This could easily have exceeded 1,000 by the 27th.

So I'd stay calm and wait for another two draws for the OINP effect to completely mitigate. The score should come back to the early 460s after that.

Reactions: naija2canadapr

naija2canadapr

Jul 17, 2019
Got the ITA on 27th Nov. Upfront Medical Form is necessary for application submission? I have all related documents readily available with me. But the most recent Medical exam appointment I am getting is 11th Dec. My IELTS result would expire on 1st Feb, 2020. Should I take the chances and submit my application with that?
Please wait and do your medicals. You an submit immediately you get home on the 11th. They will give you a form to upload on that day. So, you get home, scan, upload, go over your application one last time and submit.

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
I've been tracking the number of OINP nominations being issued between each draw, taking the myimmitracker site as a proxy. There has been no end to the continuous flow of nominations as yet. There were 22 nominations reported at this site in the period between Nov 13 and Nov 27, which is even more than there were between Oct 30 and Nov 13. Some of these are even from the August 1 NOI group, and not from the August 15 NOI group.

myimmitracker is just a proxy, but I strongly suspect OINP continues to be the main reason behind the high cut-off. There were plenty of nominations issued on November 25th and 26th. The pool had 709 candidates with 600+ points on November 23rd. This could easily have exceeded 1,000 by the 27th.

So I'd stay calm and wait for another two draws for the OINP effect to completely mitigate. The score should come back to the early 460s after that.
I read somewhere the at the start of the year the effect of PNP's is minimum.Why is that?do the PNP's get reset at the start of the year?Sorry for my lesser knowledge about PNP's , i am just starting.

akwadhwa08

Nov 14, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have some doubts regarding documents submission post ITA.

1. My HR can not give all the details like joining date, number of hours per week, my job duties etc.(because of organisational policies).
My manager is ready to give all these details but on plain paper as he is not authorized to use the company letterhead.
What should I do in this case ?

2. Also, I read that it is necessary to upload pay slips along with the employment proof, I have almost 40 payslips. How am I supposed to combine these much into one pdf file ?

3. For proof of funds, I transferred a huge amount from my father's account into mine in November only. How will I submit the proof of fund because it will not be reflected in average balance of last 6 months ?

Can anyone help please ?

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
I read somewhere the at the start of the year the effect of PNP's is minimum.Why is that?do the PNP's get reset at the start of the year?Sorry for my lesser knowledge about PNP's , i am just starting.
There's no trend here really.. Express Entry is a young program and each year has seen changes. So we can't conclude anything.

However in this particular case, Ontario last issued NOIs on July 12, August 1 and August 15. Between the three sets, there were a total of 4,393 NOIs issued. After this, these 4,393 candidates had to submit their applications to Ontario and they had to go through an assessment process which typically lasts 2-3 months. After this assessment, the candidates are issued an extra 600 points (this step is the 'nomination') and they get ITAs in the next express entry draw. The nominations started flooding in from the first draw in October and this led to a spike in the 600+ points candidates.

So these 4,393 NOIs in July and August have almost all been nominated now. There are still maybe 10-15% left who should get nominated before the next 2 EE draws.

This is why you hear people saying the effect of PNPs will minimize at the start of the year. The next set of NOIs are expected only by the middle of 2020. So from the January draw onwards, there should be significantly less 600+ points candidates in the pool.

Reactions: luzan

mostt

Nov 29, 2019
First time here, Just wanted to ask experts around, do I stand a chance with 466 before losing age marks on March 2020?