+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

shinoshino

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
in my opinion one reason of today’s cutoff is cic’s lie. If 2019 had more 6700 ita than 2018 as they promised, the cutoff would be about 455+ now.

Reactions: Captain789

avsan30

Oct 30, 2019
Isn't that natural as an immigrant? If I were a employer I wouldn't hire a someone with a temporary status if all the other aspects are same. It costs quite a bit to hire a new person. Citizenship or PR holder will be always more preferred only when all the aspects are same.

I'm a software engineer and as long as I know people around me with the same major didn't have a problem to find a job. I also saw couple of people who struggles for months but it was obvious they didn't study enough in school or they had a language barrier.

EE is just getting more competitive because Canada is not only one of the most developed country but also easy to immigrate. People complain about the current ranking system but if you can't get into Canada with the current ranking system you will have hard time finding another country to get in if you want to immigrate into a well developed and English speaking country.
Agreed. That is their first preference and it’s a bit understandable why they wouldn’t go through that but it is a little unfair towards people who are trying to make a career as an international student. I think job search also would depend on the region you’re in and how the particular market is.

However, I don’t have a problem with the point system because i think their system is fair.

avsan30

Oct 30, 2019
As a fellow engineer who studied here too... I was never denied a job because of my PGWP. I am working now in one of the biggest EPC companies in Canada and still on my PGWP.. was never an issue.
Different people have different experiences. Engineered Air is one of the biggest manufacturers of HVAC equipment and that is literally the reason they gave me. Regardless, I never said you wouldn’t find a job at all. It’s a matter of time and some people don’t have a lot of time to gain a years experience after so much wait.
I found a job though, through networking and things luckily worked out great for me but I had to move provinces but idk maybe some people miss that chance?
I know when I graduated, everyone would tell me to sign a contract with XYZ company doing a retail job as they will surely help me get a PR but I didn’t want to trade a PR with my career. Lol.

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
I had a thought, As they reduced ITAs 3900 to 3600 and points came 472, Now if they keep 3600 consistent then it will reduce to 467 and with(if) B2B in Dec then 464-65 MAX. If they continue this 3600 for 2020 score will remain in 460s forever.

For CEC applicants
Masters with no experience need 2 year experience
Bachelors with no experience need 2 year experience and good ClB
12th graders will have no chance so they will move to another province and have to go for PNP stream

For FSW applicants
ClB 9-10 compulsory to reach 460 level, If FSW candidate has in demand NOC, they will go for PNP too.

So government is actually delivering their promise, They will get growth in other provinces with all the people who can not make to EE and accept PNPs, and those who get selected in EE will be CLB 9 level highly qualified person in big cities.

Initially I though that in Dec and Jan if they will issue more ITAs like last year score will come down, but with their reduced ITAs and gap in OCT to boost cut off, Overall their approach is not normal, It looks like they are working on strategy. So if one want Canadian dream true, Above 460 is the only possible way.

shinoshino

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I had a thought, As they reduced ITAs 3900 to 3600 and points came 472, Now if they keep 3600 consistent then it will reduce to 467 and with(if) B2B in Dec then 464-65 MAX. If they continue this 3600 for 2020 score will remain in 460s forever.

For CEC applicants
Masters with no experience need 2 year experience
Bachelors with no experience need 2 year experience and good ClB
12th graders will have no chance so they will move to another province and have to go for PNP stream

For FSW applicants
ClB 9-10 compulsory to reach 460 level, If FSW candidate has in demand NOC, they will go for PNP too.

So government is actually delivering their promise, They will get growth in other provinces with all the people who can not make to EE and accept PNPs, and those who get selected in EE will be CLB 9 level highly qualified person in big cities.

Initially I though that in Dec and Jan if they will issue more ITAs like last year score will come down, but with their reduced ITAs and gap in OCT to boost cut off, Overall their approach is not normal, It looks like they are working on strategy. So if one want Canadian dream true, Above 460 is the only possible way.
I hope you are right.....we can not afford higher scores any more. Please please give us a stable year just like 2018

Rockybee

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Hi Guys,

Can I apply through the Canadian Experience Class outside Canada, keep my EE profile and submit my PR application if I receive an ITA in the next round?

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
To be honest, he doesn't really know what he's talking about. I got a 9.0 in speaking and he's telling me that I'm undesirable to CIC. This is the reality international students face what he doesn't seem to also understand is that regardless of your degree once you graduate off university you are left on your own. If you want to study for a masters degree you can't transfer to another university even though your grades are high because they prefer domestic students. I was told "We would've accept you into our program but because you are not a PR we can't" by a well respected university. In some way, there is some form of discrimination in Canada, but it's not visible to the naked eye.

I've been here for 7 years in the country and I've seen a lot of bizzare things.... I mean I'm in a skilled job but thats not the point, the point is there are many people on PGWP who are in way worse situations, most of my friends ended up leaving the country after their PGWP expired because they didn't meet the requirements... it is a sad reality because I'm there and I know the struggle. Also, most of the international students are not able to attain CLB 9, I've seen intelligent people do the exam 5 times and fail by a small margin in the writing module and eventually give up due to no money.

With respect to study permits, during Harper's days I had to submit many secondary documents and wait for months to get a full approval, I only had partial approvals because they kept requiring proofs that had to be notarized and even if you were fully approved you only get the message 2 weeks later! Under Trudeau study permits became much easier, I even heard that they issued 300,000 study permits to international students. I was shocked that one of my relatives managed to instantly get an approval within a week. Back then my other friends used to get refused even though they had higher grades than I did and submitted the same documents due to unknown reasons.
I feel you brother. I’ve heard similar stories from few of my acquaintances in Canada. It indeed becomes competitive for non PR holders to leave the same impact as others.

Ivaturi99

Oct 12, 2019
Change the thread name... It doesnt show any hope.. Scores gonna come down don't worry folks by Jan or Feb the scores will be as low as 440.. There are similar trends every year during this time.. While the demand and competition is high believe me scores gonna come down

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Change the thread name... It doesnt show any hope.. Scores gonna come down don't worry folks by Jan or Feb the scores will be as low as 440.. There are similar trends every year during this time.. While the demand and competition is high believe me scores gonna come down
well I hope that happens, Even my astrology says I will have good news in January :p Jokes apart but it will be possible only if they increase Ita and back to back draws in dec and jan other wise there will be 15K people in 450+ bracket.

Nov 16, 2019
My current CRS score is 470. My IELTS score is L(9), R(7.5), S(7), W(8). My main concern is that I will loose 6 marks on December 07 due to my birthday. Is it advisable to reappear for IELTS to increase score to CLB 10? I am confused as its still not sure whether cutoff of next draw will be less than 470 and after Dec 07, I will be at 464.

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
My current CRS score is 470. My IELTS score is L(9), R(7.5), S(7), W(8). My main concern is that I will loose 6 marks on December 07 due to my birthday. Is it advisable to reappear for IELTS to increase score to CLB 10? I am confused as its still not sure whether cutoff of next draw will be less than 470 and after Dec 07, I will be at 464.
Yes, absolutely. You should aim for a CLB 10. Seeing your current scores, it looks achievable. All the best!! :)