+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I do not know what would be the status of 468 (this is my score) until the year end? I feel that it might just reach that score, if there are 3 draws. If there are 2 draws then there is no chance for this score. What do you all think?
My score is 468 as well...am expecting the crs cut off score might be around 465- 470 by the last draw in December

jskywalker

Oct 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-08-2019
Passport Req..
17-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2019
LANDED..........
22-10-2019
Your whole post makes it easy oh yea internationals get the high scores when in reality it is very difficult to get a CLB 9 or CEC work experience, the main reason express entry is messed up now is because of outland applicants they come here study a 1 year degree in Canada and mess up the system. I'm not against you... Heck getting a study permit back in 2012 was a difficult process with a lot of complications...now it seems like a piece of cake. I've been here for 7 years and I can tell you this many people who been into Canada in my situation ended up being stuck... Why because we got used to the system. Meanwhile, legitimate international students end up leaving the country because our PGWP is worthless even though it is LMIA exempt Why? Because Canadian employers know that after CEC requirement is fulfilled we will leave them hanging so they don't prefer to hire us. There needs to be a law to stop this 1 year degree BS you either get a 3 or 4-year degree to claim points or Masters or Phd or no points awarded. Express entry should not be a requirement for international students nor CLB 9 now, there needs to be a proper way instead of turning this system into an auction the irony of this is the fact that no one expected the system to be that mismanaged. I believe 2019 is a signal to CIC to get their game together you either conduct regular draws with no backlogs or you increase the ITA numbers, PNP shouldn't be part of express entry either should be a provincial thing not a federal thing. 451-600 backlog needs to clear through B2B draws now or else we are looking at chaos those 15,000+ people are qualified people.
Lol so much ranting for nothing.

If you studied here for a 3-4 years degree and cannot get CLB9... well, I wonder what you did for that 4 years. My friends have no trouble getting CLB8/9, a little bit more study they all get CLB9.

If you are having trouble looking for job after graduation, then maybe you should have gone for a better program than woman studies or such. None of my friend was "discriminated" during hiring and most got job offers before graduation.

If those people with 1 year degree got to find a job in Canada and you can't, well, I can only say you are not a desirable candidate to CIC.

Edit: Ah you are that guy who complains about the IELTS system for not giving you 7 on writing... Keep complaining, because you did nothing wrong and it's everyone else's fault

lightspeed97

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Another day Another bunch of people asking "my score is 460+ any chance for me in the next two months"

for goodness sake, please look at draw history and you'll know the answer is YES . Don't know how many times this needs to be addressed here.. the last draw was 472 , there's gonna be two or three more draws before year end which will drop the scores into 460s so people need to stop repeating the same question every hour.

Summary :
460-470 : Worst case youll get ITA by end of Jan 2020 or early Feb 2020
470 + : Youll get ITA worst case by first draw of Dec 2019

So folks please relax

yg96

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Another day Another bunch of people asking "my score is 460+ any chance for me in the next two months"

for goodness sake, please look at draw history and you'll know the answer is YES . Don't know how many times this needs to be addressed here.. the last draw was 472 , there's gonna be two or three more draws before year end which will drop the scores into 460s so people need to stop repeating the same question every hour.

Summary :
460-470 : Worst case youll get ITA by end of Jan 2020 or early Feb 2020
470 + : Youll get ITA worst case by first draw of Dec 2019

So folks please relax
agree stop asking aint nobody here works for CIC so calm down and hope for the best

avsan30

Oct 30, 2019
Lol so much ranting for nothing.

If you studied here for a 3-4 years degree and cannot get CLB9... well, I wonder what you did for that 4 years. My friends have no trouble getting CLB8/9, a little bit more study they all get CLB9.

If you are having trouble looking for job after graduation, then maybe you should have gone for a better program than woman studies or such. None of my friend was "discriminated" during hiring and most got job offers before graduation.

If those people with 1 year degree got to find a job in Canada and you can't, well, I can only say you are not a desirable candidate to CIC.

Edit: Ah you are that guy who complains about the IELTS system for not giving you 7 on writing... Keep complaining, because you did nothing wrong and it's everyone else's fault
Actually he is somewhat correct. I have an engineering degree from a good University with internship experience and I still had a hard time securing a job. Cleared every interview but the problem was always my residency status. I even had a job offer rescinded because they realized I was on PGWP when I was asked to share my accounting information. Trust me, it is not as easy as it seems for applicant's who have spent a majority of their adult life abroad. In short, there is no plan B.
Also, nobody recognizes a "1 Year Degree" as something valuable in the corporate world. Most of the "1 year degree" students end up getting their PR through working small jobs.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

I'm at 463. Is there any chance that it might drop to this score by the end of this year. I'll lose 10 points in the first week of Jan 2020

Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you
How will you loose 10 points? May be 5 points for birthday yeah?

Aug 19, 2019
Actually he is somewhat correct. I have an engineering degree from a good University with internship experience and I still had a hard time securing a job. Cleared every interview but the problem was always my residency status. I even had a job offer rescinded because they realized I was on PGWP when I was asked to share my accounting information. Trust me, it is not as easy as it seems for applicant's who have spent a majority of their adult life abroad. In short, there is no plan B.
Also, nobody recognizes a "1 Year Degree" as something valuable in the corporate world. Most of the "1 year degree" students end up getting their PR through working small jobs.
Isn't that natural as an immigrant? If I were a employer I wouldn't hire a someone with a temporary status if all the other aspects are same. It costs quite a bit to hire a new person. Citizenship or PR holder will be always more preferred only when all the aspects are same.

I'm a software engineer and as long as I know people around me with the same major didn't have a problem to find a job. I also saw couple of people who struggles for months but it was obvious they didn't study enough in school or they had a language barrier.

EE is just getting more competitive because Canada is not only one of the most developed country but also easy to immigrate. People complain about the current ranking system but if you can't get into Canada with the current ranking system you will have hard time finding another country to get in if you want to immigrate into a well developed and English speaking country.

a-imperator

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
As a fellow engineer who studied here too... I was never denied a job because of my PGWP. I am working now in one of the biggest EPC companies in Canada and still on my PGWP.. was never an issue.

Reactions: jskywalker

Hooda111

Oct 11, 2019
Can anyone please tell is it easy or difficult to obtain PNP (of any province) for Machinists: Noc 7231?

If anyone knows of any province that specifically selects machinists, please guide me? I am willing to relocate anywhere, i dont have much time on my Visa.

badri.sri139

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Please keep in mind CIC doesn't even meet the 6 months timeline to process the PR application...they have no resource to handle b2b draw imo
Look at the ITA data for the last 2-3 years, they have always done 2 draws in December and due to the holidays there will be a back 2 back draw on 11th and 18th. This seems logical, there is no reason to believe that there would be no b2b this year (atleast 1 will happen in December). It has nothing to do with the slow processing. Thank You.

Reactions: shinoshino