+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 129th Draw

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Yup. You’re right. Not having a Canadian degree and a full year of Canadian work experience really makes a difference. I’m 25 btw.
I really envy your age. You will be fine eventually, no worries.

One option for you, you can come to study in Canada, pick an easy program like a one year MBA program in a normal level University and it is still a Master degree, and it is from Canada.

Reactions: Captain789

arvw

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
I really envy your age. You will be fine eventually, no worries.

One option for you, you can come to study in Canada, pick an easy program like a one year MBA program in a normal level University and it is still a Master degree, and it is from Canada.
Thanks. This is a great suggestion. I really need to start thinking outside of the box.

Ajays94

Oct 22, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-12-2019
Yup. You’re right. Not having a Canadian degree and a full year of Canadian work experience really makes a difference...... I would think that I would have a high score because I’m also 25.
Dont worry, once you reach that 3 years work experience your score will push up to 478

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Unfortunately no. CLB 10 is the absolute max in terms of points for language. CLB 11 12 doesn't give you any more points. I would suggest you to either learn French or go for another degree/work experiences.
Being curious, I tried filling some French scores (hypothetical, TEF):

Speaking: 226-270
Listening: 217-248
Reading: 181-206
Writing: 181-225

I only got 3 more points, from 463 to 466.

In English (IELTS):
If i improve my speaking from 6.5 to 7, others maintained. My score can jump to 471.

So for my own situation, i won't study French. The best i can do is to study and take IELTS again and again ... But i am really tired now ...

Reactions: Fantastica

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Those options are really time taking. I don’t want to wait that much as with time my scores will only get reduced because of the age. Do you think I should go for pnp or wait for the scores to come down to 455 by feb or March
As i have been telling people, who are patient and motivated. Learning french is a great option. It will open many doors here in Canada. If you are willing to invest the time and the effort, i think it will be worth it. I hate to say this but i don't see the cutoff scores returning to 455 levels any time soon. Everyone and his dog seem to be putting their profile in EE pool these days.

Reactions: journey21

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Those options are really time taking. I don’t want to wait that much as with time my scores will only get reduced because of the age. Do you think I should go for pnp or wait for the scores to come down to 455 by feb or March

Why do you assume scores will come down in feb or March ? Dont make decisions based on this.

There are chances it might come down and an equally or higher chances it can go up due to influx of applicants. There is a v realistic chance for scores to not go below 460.

In an earlier thread in 2018 I had mentioned there won’t be any chance for 430’s or 440’s which was met with consternation. Scores will keep increasing as will back logs and eventually the immigration system will become as time consuming as the US.

Keep trying all in your ability to improve your scores. You have nothing to lose by doing so and all to gain.

Ninahn85@

Oct 20, 2019
Help me to clarify the following doubt :

I hold a 04 years bachelors degree (engineering) and also want to get WES for my masters studies . I did finished all the courses but the only thing left is the final thesis . I was wondering what would be the results for the WES. Does a certificate letter from my university explaining my case that my masters is practically done ( all required courses are clear) and that my master diploma will be issue once my thesis is done .You guys think that WES will issue me an ECA at the stage . That combine with my bachelors degree I can be able to get points for two degrees .

please I’ll appreciate your comments about it

Why do you assume scores will come down in feb or March ? Dont make decisions based on this.

There are chances it might come down and an equally or higher chances it can go up due to influx of applicants. There is a v realistic chance for scores to not go below 460.

In an earlier thread in 2018 I had mentioned there won’t be any chance for 430’s or 440’s which was met with consternation. Scores will keep increasing as will back logs and eventually the immigration system will become as time consuming as the US.

Keep trying all in your ability to improve your scores. You have nothing to lose by doing so and all to gain.

I hold a 04 years bachelors degree (engineering) and also want to get WES for my masters studies . I did finished all the courses but the only thing left is the final thesis . I was wondering what would be the results for the WES. Does a certificate letter from my university explaining my case that my masters is practically done ( all required courses are clear) and that my master diploma will be issue once my thesis is done .You guys think that WES will issue me an ECA at the stage . That combine with my bachelors degree I can be able to get points for two degrees .

WarHammer

May 17, 2018

There is nothing like practically done in a degree. Either you have it or you don’t. I kind of understand what you are saying but WES won’t process your Masters unless you submit the accompanying degree certificate.

On a side note it doesn’t shine too brightly on your university either if they will provide a certificate saying you are almost done. What does that even mean ??!!

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Definitely you should go for pnp and explore other options, maybe to think about settling in provinces other than ON and BC. With EE becomes more popular for foreigners (especially though who are in the US and looking for a plan B), I think the pool is just gonna get larger and the CRS cut off will just increase as a matter of time. It may go down for a bit in the near future (in case of B2B draws), but in the long run you will see an upward trend. This time last year 455 is definitely very hopeful, but this year I'm not sure man. Better start preparing for other options. Best of luck to you!