+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 129th Draw

tokalaangel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I just made my EE profile and my points are currently at 453. Any idea when/if the cutoff might drop to around there?

Also, I have 25 points under Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience. I'm at aprox. 2.5 years of work experience, how many points will it add when I hit 3 years?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
it is extremely difficult to score clb 10 on all modules. You might score on the deficit modules and end up losing scores in other modules.
it's a case of how comfortable you are (with the language) to begin with. I agree that IELTS can be tough for those who have attempted it several times and still haven't found the score they are looking for. Keep trying, but like many here have said, be careful when you are looking for .5 extra. It can be a daunting task.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I just made my EE profile and my points are currently at 453. Any idea when/if the cutoff might drop to around there?

Also, I have 25 points under Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience. I'm at aprox. 2.5 years of work experience, how many points will it add when I hit 3 years?
Frankly, no one here can tell you. Scores this year have been on the rise and last year's 440 is today's 460. B2B draws looks like they key to clearing the massive pool size now. Hang in there!

neha_verma

Aug 14, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
Doc's Request.
22-08-2019
Hello Friends,

After receiving NOI from Ontario on 15th August, I have submitted application under OINP-Human Capital Stream with non-accompanying spouse because with my wife my CRS was going to drop from 452 to 426.

Now if I get PNP nomination from Ontario can I make changes in my express entry profile and add my spouse as accompanying?

I want to make these changes before ITA but after PNP nomination from Ontario.

Anyone has experienced the same, and what you guys suggest?

Yes, you can after recieving Nomination and before accepting ITA. Make sure to inform Ontario about this change via personal information change form and update your spouse in EE before you accept the ITA.

Reactions: EnthuChap

Hsiddiqui

Oct 24, 2019
So I am at 455, cannot increase my score for any factor it seems. I have scores CLB 10 on all 4 areas in my first attempt. Does anyone know if I can get more points for CLB 11 or 12? Someone told me if I get perfect 9, I get some extra points. I am not too sure of that. If I have any scope I am ready to attempt it again?

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
So I am at 455, cannot increase my score for any factor it seems. I have scores CLB 10 on all 4 areas in my first attempt. Does anyone know if I can get more points for CLB 11 or 12? Someone told me if I get perfect 9, I get some extra points. I am not too sure of that. If I have any scope I am ready to attempt it again?
Unfortunately no. CLB 10 is the absolute max in terms of points for language. CLB 11 12 doesn't give you any more points. I would suggest you to either learn French or go for another degree/work experiences.

Reactions: Captain789

Hsiddiqui

Oct 24, 2019
Unfortunately no. CLB 10 is the absolute max in terms of points for language. CLB 11 12 doesn't give you any more points. I would suggest you to either learn French or go for another degree/work experiences.
Those options are really time taking. I don’t want to wait that much as with time my scores will only get reduced because of the age. Do you think I should go for pnp or wait for the scores to come down to 455 by feb or March

arvw

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
I’m really trying to follow this trend and the logic behind these rising cut off scores.

I’ll soon be a licensed architect in the US. I joined the pool back in May, with CLB 10 in almost all categories. I have a master in architecture and almost 2 years of full time work experience. And yet I’m sitting at 453, no where close to the current cut off scores. It’s getting very hard to try to stay here in Canada...

Last edited:

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
I’m really trying to follow this trend and the logic behind these rising cut off scores.

I’ll soon be a licensed architect in the US. I joined the pool back in May, with CLB 10 in almost all categories. I have a master in architecture and almost 2 years of full time work experience. And yet I’m sitting at 453, no where close to the current cut off scores. It’s getting very hard to try to stay here in Canada...
Wow, your condition is so good, how come you only get 453?
I guess a degree NOT from Canada makes some difference ...

arvw

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
Wow, your condition is so good, how come you only get 453?
I guess a degree NOT from Canada makes some difference ...
Yup. You’re right. Not having a Canadian degree and a full year of Canadian work experience really makes a difference...... I would think that I would have a higher score because I’m also 25.

Last edited: