+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 129th Draw

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
I finally pursuaded my wife to attempt IELTS a few more times. I’ve already maxed out my score with CLB 9, and if she also scores the same, I might jump to 458, currently I am stuck at 456. Not a major jump though but given the tough times forecasted ahead, whatever is coming my way, I am bracing it graciously, for there is nothing more left to score from. Lately, I’ve really started to think whether I’ll be able to make it even in 2020. God knows :(
I can totally understand your frustration.
For me, i am tired of taking IELTS anymore - Speaking and Writing have been my weakest points and i don't expect i can improve them in a short period of time plus i get tired after everyday's job ...
Don't know what to say to comfort you but 458 should stand a good chance in next year.
Wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: VKA

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
Just to let you know CLB 9 does not max out your language score. It's CLB 10 that does (8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5). If you get CLB 10 for all 4 sections your score will jump for another 12 POINTS and this can be huge. So your saying of "nothing more left to score" is inaccurate.
I know what you mean. But I tried hard and I think scoring 7 in writing is a hard task, let alone 7.5, which is regarded as the highest of all. I tried achieving CLB 10 but a lot of time and money got spent on it. Indeed, by maxed out I meant that my efforts ran out of gas. But thank you for your reply bro, I wish you all the luck :)

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
I can totally understand your frustration.
For me, i am tired of taking IELTS anymore - Speaking and Writing have been my weakest points and i don't expect i can improve them in a short period of time plus i get tired after everyday's job ...
Don't know what to say to comfort you but 458 should stand a good chance in next year.
Wish you the best of luck.
I second you sir. Nevertheless, we are sitting on not so bad points. If everything goes as per plan, who knows we might stand a chance. So, let’s keep looking up and firm, and wait for the wind to clear the dark clouds, indeed, we will see sunshine one day :)

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I know what you mean. But I tried hard and I think scoring 7 in writing is a hard task, let alone 7.5, which is regarded as the highest of all. I tried achieving CLB 10 but a lot of time and money got spent on it. Indeed, by maxed out I meant that my efforts ran out of gas. But thank you for your reply bro, I wish you all the luck :)
Ah I see what you meant. Yea I agree writing IELTS can be frustrating and time-consuming. I got all CLB 10 except CLB 9 for writing and no way in hell im planning to rewrite just to get 3 more points. Best of luck to you as well :)

Reactions: VKA

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
You will get ITA before February ..most likely in December
any hope at 461? i maxed out ielts on all modules aside from reading. if i redo, i can only gain 3 more points to get to 464. what are the chances my scores in the other modules won't drop if i re-do hmm

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Ah I see what you meant. Yea I agree writing IELTS can be frustrating and time-consuming. I got all CLB 10 except CLB 9 for writing and no way in hell im planning to rewrite just to get 3 more points. Best of luck to you as well :)
i am in the same boat. i maxed ielts apart from reading so i'm stuck at 461 wondering if it is worth redoing for only 3 points...which aren't guaranteed :(

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
i am in the same boat. i maxed ielts apart from reading so i'm stuck at 461 wondering if it is worth redoing for only 3 points...which aren't guaranteed :(
I personally don't think its worth it. There is no guarantee you will achieve all clb 10 in 1 try and the process of prepping is really frustrating/costly/time-consuming. I think you should just wait till January to see the outlook for 2020. Maybe if you are lucky you will get ITA by end of December. Don't lose hope :)

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I personally don't think its worth it. There is no guarantee you will achieve all clb 10 in 1 try and the process of prepping is really frustrating/costly/time-consuming. I think you should just wait till January to see the outlook for 2020. Maybe if you are lucky you will get ITA by end of December. Don't lose hope :)
it is extremely difficult to score clb 10 on all modules. You might score on the deficit modules and end up losing scores in other modules.
Thank you both. Going to stay hopeful. We haven't come this far to be let down. Good luck to you guys

parry26

Sep 18, 2019
Can you share how did you get the Ontario nomination? This has always been a myth to me :(
Either they pick you up from express entry or you apply at OINP website, the second will become a paper application though through a right program

ahsanshahbaz

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Seeing the anxiety levels peaking on this thread. I would recommend to just forget about Draw or ITA till 30th. We all are over thinking this, it won’t do us any good. I mean come on guys 463 people getting worried if they will ever get ITA before Feb. Remember one thing, 460+ Scores are not normal and are definitely good heck 455+ is a good score. This inflation has more to do with PNPs and this should settle down in December/Jan. We will see drops and if lucky one or two b2b can change it all.

In May it went to 470 and then it did hit 457 after that. So it will go up but it will also come down. I would say go do whatever you guys like to do, spend time with family watch movies etc and try not to think about the next draw or CRS.

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
Seeing the anxiety levels peaking on this thread. I would recommend to just forget about Draw or ITA till 30th. We all are over thinking this, it won’t do us any good. I mean come on guys 463 people getting worried if they will ever get ITA before Feb. Remember one thing, 460+ Scores are not normal and are definitely good heck 455+ is a good score. This inflation has more to do with PNPs and this should settle down in December/Jan. We will see drops and if lucky one or two b2b can change it all.

In May it went to 470 and then it did hit 457 after that. So it will go up but it will also come down. I would say go do whatever you guys like to do, spend time with family watch movies etc and try not to think about the next draw or CRS.
Haha.. I like you bro.. its like the eldest brother snapping his younger siblings over a petty fight, and telling them - shut the fuck up and go to bed, enough ;)
But you are right, let’s chill guys and let the ship sail until steady.