+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 129th Draw

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
One thing bad for me is my birthday is in early February (Feb. 02); suppose i were lucky enough to get ITA in late January, but when i finish uploading all the necessary documents, the time has passed my birthday, will that be ok?

Suppose this is ok, then pray for January; otherwise i gotta wait for August 2020, and pray for keeping my current job.

Guys, unlike you, i am OLD :( ...

Oh God, where art thou?
what is your crs?

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
same here mate, I can not find a reason about skipping regular draw due to FST in October, May be new government is settling up and they are not paying attention for now. Because this way EE will be ruined for long time, I know so many PGWP holder are crying as permit is about to expire, As far as I know Canada wants skilled immigrants but this is going difficult day by day. I hope they will come up with new plans soon to make CRS stable, otherwise thousands of people will be loosing their status in Canada and turn to visitors and eventually leave the country after investing thousands of $$ they spent for Canada. I hope that it will not turn like Australia in immigration prospective.
I was thinking the same. I think the Liberals know that ON & BC is oversaturated with immigrants, which in turn is impacting the rents/taxes in one way or the other. Moreover, the govt has anyhow fulfilled the promise of liberal immigration policies throughout 2016/17, which saw millions of immigrants to see the day of light in Canada as their new native country. Having said that, now the story has changed altogether, given the way CRS scores are featuring since last 2 quarters, its clear that the govt has shifted its focus towards skilled immigration. Unless govt doesn’t impede the FSW’s, every tom, dick n harry is ready to land in Ontario. With FST’s and PNP’s in picture, the govt is trying to pool the people towards less populated provinces like Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan et al. So, in my point of view, in near future you will see similarities in Australian and canadian Immigration policies, and not everyone will be invited to ON & BC.
Goes without saying that I hope every deserving candidate gets their ITA, better late than never.

Reactions: WarHammer

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
for me is my birthday is in early February (Feb. 02); suppose i were lucky enough to get ITA in late January, but when i finish uploading all the necessary documents, the time has passed my birthday, will that be ok?
I was thinking the same. I think the Liberals know that ON & BC is oversaturated with immigrants, which in turn is impacting the rents/taxes in one way or the other. Moreover, the govt has anyhow fulfilled the promise of liberal immigration policies throughout 2016/17, which saw millions of immigrants to see the day of light in Canada as their new native country. Having said that, now the story has changed altogether, given the way CRS scores are featuring since last 2 quarters, its clear that the govt has shifted its focus towards skilled immigration. Unless govt doesn’t impede the FSW’s, every tom, dick n harry is ready to land in Ontario. With FST’s and PNP’s in picture, the govt is trying to pool the people towards less populated provinces like Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan et al. So, in my point of view, in near future you will see similarities in Australian and canadian Immigration policies, and not everyone will be invited to ON & BC.
Goes without saying that I hope every deserving candidate gets their ITA, better late than never.
For Canada to move towards AUS immigration policies (what you say about ON and BC is absolutely true), will have to start issuing provisional PRs for PNPs to make sure they work in their chosen line of work for a year at least to get actual PR. They have already taken a step in that direction with job offers from local employers for the recently introduced rural immigration program.

In GTA for example, home prices are insane. Additionally, I know a handful of people in HR, Sales, and Marketing struggling badly to get that first break. It's taking em sometimes as long as 9-12 months to get a half decent job. I think it's time people become smarter and take that tough first step towards picking a different destination inside Canada.

Reactions: Jaywalker and VKA

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
Thank you. I wish nobody above 450 should be worried. Feel like i am losing hope ...
I finally pursuaded my wife to attempt IELTS a few more times. I’ve already maxed out my score with CLB 9, and if she also scores the same, I might jump to 458, currently I am stuck at 456. Not a major jump though but given the tough times forecasted ahead, whatever is coming my way, I am bracing it graciously, for there is nothing more left to score from. Lately, I’ve really started to think whether I’ll be able to make it even in 2020. God knows :(

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I finally pursuaded my wife to attempt IELTS few more times. I’ve already maxed out my score with CLB 9, and if she also scores the same, I might jump to 458, currently I am stuck at 456. Not a major jump though but given the tough times coming ahead, whatever is coming my way, I’ll brace it graciously, for there is nothing more left to score from. Lately, I’ve really started to think whether I’ll be able to make it even in 2020. God knows :(
Just to let you know CLB 9 does not max out your language score. It's CLB 10 that does (8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5). If you get CLB 10 for all 4 sections your score will jump for another 12 POINTS and this can be huge. So your saying of "nothing more left to score" is inaccurate.