+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 129th Draw

awley

Mar 13, 2019
For those people who have a low score, anything below 450 and they don't expect the score to rise going forward then it might be a good idea to learn french. This is especially helpful for those who have a couple of years.

Of course, it is not easy and you will have to put in hard work, but French is one of the easier languages out there if you already know english. With regular work one can definitely reach intermediate level in a couple of years. And it will be a HUGE advantage here in Canada. Besides, who knows, it might even open doors in France. Worth a try for those willing to invest in themselves and up to the challenge.

I must add that you only get substantial points if you score intermediate level in all 4 areas, i.e. listening, speaking, writing, and reading. But I also want to say that it can be done. Heck, in 3 months of just putting half an hour a day i had reached a level where I could read children's graded series books and i am pretty sure that with more effort i would have reached an intermediate level in 1.5 years. You get at least 30 points for intermediate level (almost nothing if you score below intermediate though so it has to be at that level).
I'm at 459 and I'll be losing 5 points in November on my birthday. I'm already considering the french option. I just wish I had enough time to attend the intensive class. I could get to B1 level in 6 months if I enrol for this option.

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
Seniors - please help me on my earlier post -

Need Urgent Help: 3 Mistakes of my life not committed by me.

I have 15 days left to file for PR and struggling with the 3 issues in my docs. Looking forward to some suggestions from senior members on the forum here.

1. As per the documents, there is a gap of just 4 months between me and my sister. My age in documents is 1 year older than the actual one and thus this goof-up. We are required to fill the age of the siblings in the form.

2. I use "Agarwal" in all my documents, whereas my father and all other family members have double g in the surname i.e "Aggarwal".

3. My father's first name's spelling in all my docs is "Ashoka" whereas in all his documents it is "Ashok".

I was born in a village and the headmaster of my school messed up with the records while I took the admission.
How do I deal with these issues? I tried to get the documents corrected but couldn't do so. Please please help me as I am running out of time.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03

I have 15 days left to file for PR and struggling with the 3 issues in my docs. Looking forward to some suggestions from senior members on the forum here.

1. As per the documents, there is a gap of just 4 months between me and my sister. My age in documents is 1 year older than the actual one and thus this goof-up. We are required to fill the age of the siblings in the form.

Leave it as it (Hope for the best, you don't want to waste you ITA)

2. I use "Agarwal" in all my documents, whereas my father and all other family members have double g in the surname i.e "Aggarwal".

Provide LOE for this

3. My father's first name's spelling in all my docs is "Ashoka" whereas in all his documents it is "Ashok".

Again write an LOE

I was born in a village and the headmaster of my school messed up with the records while I took the admission.
How do I deal with these issues? I tried to get the documents corrected but couldn't do so. Please please help me as I am running out of time.
Not the best of advice but I think you shouldn't waste your ITA. Answered under your questions.

I really hope this works out for you. But you should have addressed the names issue way earlier.

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
Not the best of advice but I think you shouldn't waste your ITA. Answered under your questions.

I really hope this works out for you. But you should have addressed the names issue way earlier.
Thanks ! I tried addressing the name issue but because all documents follow the misspelling nothing cant be done now. I will be really heart broken if I lose the PR because of these reasons. Dont know what to you. I also thought from a different angle. The difference in the spelling is that of 'e' & 'a' and my documents are consistent through out. I am thinking not to give any LOE. It would unnecessarily attract the unwanted attention. If they get back with the queries about the difference of 4 months in the age of 2 siblings, I can be honest and tell them the reasons of the goof-up. My parents didnt pay attention to it and I was too young to know of these things. What do you say?

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020

Speaking as someone working in medical field you should leave 1st issue as it is. A woman can get pregnant with second baby while already carrying one. It is called superfetation. It is rare but I have seen one case myself so CIC won't question according to me.

For 2nd amd 3rd question you can get same person affidavit and get it published in newspaper saying that this and this is same person (I know sounds weird but people living in India might know what I am talking about). Don't worry a lot of people have issues with spelling in their or family's name as long as you submit somethkng to support it you will be perfectly fine.

a-imperator

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Thanks ! I tried addressing the name issue but because all documents follow the misspelling nothing cant be done now. I will be really heart broken if I lose the PR because of these reasons. Dont know what to you. I also thought from a different angle. The difference in the spelling is that of 'e' & 'a' and my documents are consistent through out. I am thinking not to give any LOE. It would unnecessarily attract the unwanted attention. If they get back with the queries about the difference of 4 months in the age of 2 siblings, I can be honest and tell them the reasons of the goof-up. My parents didnt pay attention to it and I was too young to know of these things. What do you say?
Write an LOE. Being transparent is the best way. They won't reject you for this. Might request ADR such as family birth certificates and whatnot.

Being sneaky on the other hand might get you a rejection. In the end its up to you there's no 100% correct answer here. It's a simple error that most third world countries tend to do. My father's name is spelled differently on his passport than it is on mine too. I never faced problems with Canadian documentation as I always explained that.

Reactions: dagrwl15

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
Speaking as someone working in medical field you should leave 1st issue as it is. A woman can get pregnant with second baby while already carrying one. It is called superfetation. It is rare but I have seen one case myself so CIC won't question according to me.

For 2nd amd 3rd question you can get same person affidavit and get it published in newspaper saying that this and this is same person (I know sounds weird but people living in India might know what I am talking about). Don't worry a lot of people have issues with spelling in their or family's name as long as you submit somethkng to support it you will be perfectly fine.
Thanks Angel.

Reactions: Angel1113

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
Write an LOE. Being transparent is the best way. They won't reject you for this. Might request ADR such as family birth certificates and whatnot.

Being sneaky on the other hand might get you a rejection. In the end its up to you there's no 100% correct answer here. It's a simple error that most third world countries tend to do. My father's name is spelled differently on his passport than it is on mine too. I never faced problems with Canadian documentation as I always explained that.
Yup you are right. It's a Catch 22 situation .

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
I learned on my own. I used a combination of the fluent forever method (google it) and using the rocket french app (bought their course for 160 bucks). I never followed through with it because I got my ITA without it (at my time cut off was 440 and i was at 456) but i am seriously thinking of restarting my french. But it is very doable within 2 years with consistent efforts. Consistent being the key.

just so you know, about 1/3rd of English words come from French. So you already have a huge vocabulary present. It is one of the easier languages to learn.
Nice dude! I've also finished applying but just wanted to learn. Will check this out!!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I'm at 459 and I'll be losing 5 points in November on my birthday. I'm already considering the french option. I just wish I had enough time to attend the intensive class. I could get to B1 level in 6 months if I enrol for this option.
Canadian immigration is looking for B2 level. If you can get to b1 in 6 months you can definitely ge tto B2 in 18 months.

I do think its a very good option for people who are motivated

Reactions: awley and Dheana90

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017

hariom123

Oct 14, 2019
Hi Guys,
I have a question on OINP, I received NOI on August 1st, however; I didn't accept because CRS score would be decrease. But, things are not going well, my question is, am I eligible to get OINP again or not with the same province. Much appreciate for your help!

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Thanks. I am thinking not to mention anything in LOE for point 2 & 3. Not sure about point 1.

Can anyone please help me here !
For #1, think of scenarios that are possible, adopted kids, half bro/sis can have similar things, i don't think this is something CIC will calculate.

This point in time you don't have any other way, so go for it.

Reactions: dagrwl15

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

1. Unless your sister is in Canada, bump her age by one year as they will not ask family passport copies and birth certificates.
2. Use LOE and if possible provide one and the same name affidavit
3. Same as question 2.

Reactions: alexross