+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 129th Draw

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
1. Unless your sister is in Canada, bump her age by one year as they will not ask family passport copies and birth certificates.
2. Use LOE and if possible provide one and the same name affidavit
3. Same as question 2.
It is an excellent suggestion for point 1. But why LOE and affidavit for point 3? Your same logic for point 1 that they will not ask for sister's documents applies to points 3. They will not ask for Father's documents.

Reactions: Dheana90

Hanna6766

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Need Urgent Help: 3 Mistakes of my life not committed by me.

I have 15 days left to file for PR and struggling with the 3 issues in my docs. Looking forward to some suggestions from senior members on the forum here.

1. As per the documents, there is a gap of just 4 months between me and my sister. My age in documents is 1 year older than the actual one and thus this goof-up. We are required to fill the age of the siblings in the form.

2. I use "Agarwal" in all my documents, whereas my father and all other family members have double g in the surname i.e "Aggarwal".

3. My father's first name's spelling in all my docs is "Ashoka" whereas in all his documents it is "Ashok".

I was born in a village and the headmaster of my school messed up with the records while I took the admission.
How do I deal with these issues? I tried to get the documents corrected but couldn't do so. Please please help me as I am running out of time.
Hi
I do have similar situation
1. My mother’s name is misspelled in my passport by i instead of ee because ‘i’ was mentioned in my birth certificate
2. In all my educational documents surname of both the parents is mentioned;however, only first and middle name is mentioned in my passport
Would it raise any issue in my pr application?

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Seniors - please help me on my earlier post -

Need Urgent Help: 3 Mistakes of my life not committed by me.

I have 15 days left to file for PR and struggling with the 3 issues in my docs. Looking forward to some suggestions from senior members on the forum here.

1. As per the documents, there is a gap of just 4 months between me and my sister. My age in documents is 1 year older than the actual one and thus this goof-up. We are required to fill the age of the siblings in the form.

2. I use "Agarwal" in all my documents, whereas my father and all other family members have double g in the surname i.e "Aggarwal".

3. My father's first name's spelling in all my docs is "Ashoka" whereas in all his documents it is "Ashok".

I was born in a village and the headmaster of my school messed up with the records while I took the admission.
How do I deal with these issues? I tried to get the documents corrected but couldn't do so. Please please help me as I am running out of time.
U got to have the same name and date of birth on all your documents , mispresentation in terms of names and DOB is not acceptable

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
U got to have the same name and date of birth on all your documents , mispresentation in terms of names and DOB is not acceptable
I have the same name and DOB is all my documents. Can you please see my queries and help me if you have any suggestions.

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
1. Unless your sister is in Canada, bump her age by one year as they will not ask family passport copies and birth certificates.
2. Use LOE and if possible provide one and the same name affidavit
3. Same as question 2.
@point 1. I am not comfortable in giving any wrong information. Is there any other way around?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
@point 1. I am not comfortable in giving any wrong information. Is there any other way around?
Hey dear,

If I've understood your query right, then it means ORIGINALLY there is a gap of 4 months between you two (you and your sister), however, OFFICIALLY you're 1 year elder to her as per the documentation. Is that true?

If that is the case then No issue. You'll have to fill the details as per your and your families' Passports (that is the only valid document considered above all). This means as per the proofs you're and will remain 1 year elder to your sister, not 4 months. Remember no DOB is required throughout this entire PR process neither for you nor for the immediate family members (except infants) unless there is a mismatch of your DOB in some specific docs or you've been asked for it.

Not true!!
In that case, it can be supported with the respective affidavits (duly attested) and other supporting docs to validate such a claim.

Remember, there is always an option available in case of a problem.

Last edited:

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
Hey dear,

If I've understood your query right, then it means ORIGINALLY there is a gap of 4 months between you two (you and your sister), however, OFFICIALLY you're 1 year elder to her as per the documentation. Is that true?

If that is the case then No issue. You'll have to fill the details as per your and your families' Passports (that is the only valid document considered above all). This means as per the proofs you're and will remain 1 year elder to your sister, not 4 months. Remember no DOB is required throughout this entire PR process neither for you nor for the immediate family members (except infants) unless there is a mismatch of your DOB in some specific docs or you've been asked for it.

Not true!!
In that case, it can be supported with the respective affidavits (duly attested) and other supporting docs to validate such a claim.

Actaual gap is
Hey dear,

Not true!!

Originally there is a gap of more than a year but as per the documents it is just 4 months. The problem is how to justify the gap of just 4 months between 2 siblings. Moreover there is slight difference in the second name used by me and my family (Agarwal and Aggarwal) and the difference in spellings in my father's name in my documents and his documents(Ashoka and Ashoka). Had it been just 1 issue I wouldn't have worries much and would have simply given an affidavit. With 3 mistakes, I am wondering if you still believe me that mistakes were genuine and not on purpose to do any sort of fraud in the past.

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
Slight mistake in my previous response. Responding it.

Originally there is a gap of more than a year but as per the documents it is just 4 months. The problem is how to justify the gap of just 4 months between 2 siblings. Moreover there is slight difference in the second name used by me and my family (Agarwal and Aggarwal) and the difference in spellings in my father's name in my documents and his documents(Ashoka and Ashok). Had it been just 1 issue I wouldn't have worries much and would have simply given an affidavit. With 3 mistakes, I am wondering if you still believe me that mistakes were genuine and not on purpose to do any sort of fraud in the past.
Hey dear,

Not true!!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Actaual gap is

Originally there is a gap of more than a year but as per the documents it is just 4 months. The problem is how to justify the gap of just 4 months between 2 siblings. Moreover there is slight difference in the second name used by me and my family (Agarwal and Aggarwal) and the difference in spellings in my father's name in my documents and his documents(Ashoka and Ashoka). Had it been just 1 issue I wouldn't have worries much and would have simply given an affidavit. With 3 mistakes, I am wondering if you still believe me that mistakes were genuine and not on purpose to do any sort of fraud in the past.
Oh I see. Well, you don't have to worry about it that much. Its not a major issue. You won't be questioned because the information is legal.

1) As long as there isn't any mismatch of the DOB in your docs, you're fine. Thus, with the available valid information the gap of 4 months will be considered genuine.

2) You will have to get a "Same name affidavit" for two types of family names used in your docs (agarwal and aggarwal).

3) You don't need an affidavit for your father's name difference if only one type of his name has been used throughout YOUR ALL DOCUMENTS. Keep everything in sync with your OWN docs only!

That's fine. I can understand your scenario. Each case is full of complications, yours is no different. So, don't worry about it. Go ahead with your queries and doubts, we'll try to help as much as we can. Even you can ping me separately. Good luck Dear :)

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
Oh I see. Well, you don't have to worry about it that much. Its not a major issue. You won't be questioned because the information is legal.

1) As long as there isn't any mismatch of the DOB in your docs, you're fine. Thus, with the available valid information the gap of 4 months will be considered genuine.

2) You will have to get a "Same name affidavit" for two types of family names used in your docs (agarwal and aggarwal).

3) You don't need an affidavit for your father's name difference if only one type of his name has been used throughout YOUR ALL DOCUMENTS. Keep everything in sync with your OWN docs only!

That's fine. I can understand your scenario. Each case is full of complications, yours is no different. So, don't worry about it. Go ahead with your queries and doubts, we'll try to help as much as we can. Even you can ping me separately. Good luck Dear :)
Thanks Dear. About point 2 - All my documents have same spelling 'Aggarwal' but my all other family members use 'Agarwal'. As there is no discrepancy in my documents I am thinking not to file any affidavit for this. What's your take?

Reactions: NikSharma01

hariom123

Oct 14, 2019
Hi Guys,
Please help me.
I have a question on OINP, I received NOI on August 1st, however; I didn't accept because CRS score would be decrease. But, things are not going well, my question is, am I eligible to get OINP again or not with the same province. Much appreciate for your help!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks Dear. About point 2 - All my documents have same spelling 'Aggarwal' but my all other family members use 'Agarwal'. As there is no discrepancy in my documents I am thinking not to file any affidavit for this. What's your take?
That's what I mentioned and asked you to do !

Hi Guys,
Please help me.
I have a question on OINP, I received NOI on August 1st, however; I didn't accept because CRS score would be decrease. But, things are not going well, my question is, am I eligible to get OINP again or not with the same province. Much appreciate for your help!
Sorry to tell you my friend, but you've missed the opportunity !!
Because you were supposed to respond to OINP within 45 days of the NOI, and the deadline for you was 14th September.

Last edited: