+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 128th Draw

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
It depends on the university! Also some universities have their own test which is cheaper and easier. Depends on where you have studied before etc
The college where I enquired, it needs the candidate to have minimum 6 band in IELTS academic. Also, they would evaluate candidate’s previous education too.

Limitless

Sep 16, 2019
I convinced my wife to sit for another attempt at ielts which boosted my score from 459 to 463 and I was certain that the golden ticket would be destined in todays draw but it was a real heart break for me.

I'm not sure 463 is a safe score anymore in the upcoming draw, pretty confused now what to do
Am sure U in for the next draw

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding how to calculate my work experience
Employer 1: Oct 19, 2015 - Aug 7, 2019 (Technically this is 9 months and 26 days) but Express entry system is mm/yyyy, so it calculates 11 months
Employer 2: Sept 23, 2017 - March 31, 2018 ( 5 Months and 7 days) but Express entry system calculates 7 months.
Employer 3: April 1 2018 - Present (1 year 5 months 3 days) but express entry systems calculates 1 year 6 months.

So in total i technically have 2 years, 8 months and 6 days and my CRS is 452, but my applications calculates mm/yyyy, so it becomes 3 years of experience which increases my CRS TO 475. I understand that with 475 i will get ITA in the next draw. So should i decline the ITA and wait till i reach exact 3 years based on days counted towards my experience or can i accept the ITA.
If 475 is the score you want, you have to wait until you get exact 3 years.

Captain789

May 27, 2018
The college where I enquired, it needs the candidate to have minimum 6 band in IELTS academic. Also, they would evaluate candidate’s previous education too.
I would recommend you to find a detailed guideline and email them directly. They might accept your Ielts General with a very high score or if you have studied in the UK/US before. I have spoken to the 3 different Universities and they all had different conditions, even though their website said Ielts Academic with a score 6.0 or higher. The last one, which was very stubborn with Academic Ielts, suggested me to come to their office and take an English test as an alternative.

Reactions: VKA

Captain789

May 27, 2018
My advice - be stubborn and act as a lawyer and check with few more universities.

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
I would recommend you to find a detailed guideline and email them directly. They might accept your Ielts General with a very high score or if you have studied in the UK/US before. I have spoken to the 3 different Universities and they all had different conditions, even though their website said Ielts Academic with a score 6.0 or higher. The last one, which was very stubborn with Academic Ielts, suggested me to come to their office and take an English test as an alternative.
Thank you for your feedback @Captain789. Although I spoke to the college directly on email, wherein, they sent me list of requirements, which stated 6 Band IELTS, but I hold pretty high scores in IELTS general, so you may be right, I’ll try to convince them to consider my 8 Band IELTS general score. But let’s get ITA first ;)

Reactions: Captain789

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding how to calculate my work experience
Employer 1: Oct 19, 2015 - Aug 7, 2019 (Technically this is 9 months and 26 days) but Express entry system is mm/yyyy, so it calculates 11 months
Employer 2: Sept 23, 2017 - March 31, 2018 ( 5 Months and 7 days) but Express entry system calculates 7 months.
Employer 3: April 1 2018 - Present (1 year 5 months 3 days) but express entry systems calculates 1 year 6 months.

So in total i technically have 2 years, 8 months and 6 days and my CRS is 452, but my applications calculates mm/yyyy, so it becomes 3 years of experience which increases my CRS TO 475. I understand that with 475 i will get ITA in the next draw. So should i decline the ITA and wait till i reach exact 3 years based on days counted towards my experience or can i accept the ITA.
You can accept the ITA when you are 2 months away from 3 year mark. You should have actual 3 years of experience when you submit your PR application. Since you have 60 days to submit application you can accept an ITA when you are two months far from finishing 3 years.

I hope CIC makes some sort of change in there system soon because you will be declining 4-5 ITA before you can accept one.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Members,

Please help me understand this
Immigrant target for the year 2019 via express entry is 81400 and via PNP is 60000. Now, as all PNP's are routed through express entry, I don't get the logic why ITAs are not issued considering the PNPs? Ideally they should have a separate provision for all PNP candidates, or may be the targets given are just eyewash.
Well 1 invitation does not equal one immigrant. There are some people that have spouses or children. So sometimes it is just 1 person and sometimes there are 4 or 5. So the average family size is mabye around 1.4 for express entry.
Also there are not all PNP that uses Express entry and for some it will not be possible. That is for those special ones for provincial graduates (Ontario or BC have such streams). For this year app. 1/3 of all PNP were supposed to use EE.
And of course PNP also do have families.

Reactions: bhagwant12

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Dear Members,

Please help me understand this
Immigrant target for the year 2019 via express entry is 81400 and via PNP is 60000. Now, as all PNP's are routed through express entry, I don't get the logic why ITAs are not issued considering the PNPs? Ideally they should have a separate provision for all PNP candidates, or may be the targets given are just eyewash.
Not all PNPs go through express entry. After my nomination, I had to submit a paper application!

Sau2409

Jun 2, 2019
Hi, i have a query related to spousal work experience. As i know from the crs tool, one can claim 5 points for spousal CEC experience.in my case am not getting that 5 points even after adding the 1year spousal cec experience with a proper noc.
Detail-
09/18-11/18: company1
11/18-03/19: company2
03/19-till date: company3

if anyone has any view on this, please share.
TIA.
Anyone got ny clue reg this...???

lindakimehs

Sep 20, 2019
Hi,

I am thinking of participating in the next draw, expecting the draw to take place on the 16th....My ECA report is due on 18th Oct and just really curious if lots of people received the ECA report few days before the due date. Is it okay to email the customer service and ask them to complete them as soon as possible? Or is it just best to wait. When do you all think the next draw will be happening?

Thank you!

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
You can accept the ITA when you are 2 months away from 3 year mark. You should have actual 3 years of experience when you submit your PR application. Since you have 60 days to submit application you can accept an ITA when you are two months far from finishing 3 years.

I hope CIC makes some sort of change in there system soon because you will be declining 4-5 ITA before you can accept one.
This is very helpful, thanks. I myself am in the same position. According to my calculations my 3years experience will be completed in Jan, however I am sure my score will increase earlier. I have been calculating over and over again to see when I can accept an ITA.
If I am correct, then I can already accept an ITA (if i get one) in December already?

Reactions: Angel1113

Ray of hope

Sep 30, 2019
I guess
Hi, i have a query related to spousal work experience. As i know from the crs tool, one can claim 5 points for spousal CEC experience.in my case am not getting that 5 points even after adding the 1year spousal cec experience with a proper noc.
Detail-
09/18-11/18: company1
11/18-03/19: company2
03/19-till date: company3

if anyone has any view on this, please share.
TIA.
Anyone got ny clue reg this...???
I guess you need to have one year experience without any break. Say like in the same company for 1 year.