+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 128th Draw

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
The PCC specifies the purpose. So if your PCC discloses that it was generated for Canada immigration, then it won't be an issue.
I thought that wasn’t a requirement? If an Indian passport holder is living abroad and they have a PCC for India (for whatever purpose) issued after the last time they left India, then that should suffice correct?

The purpose of PCC being Canada immigration is not specified anywhere as a a necessity.. can someone clarify please?

SolwayFirth

Sep 4, 2019
Australia
I thought that wasn’t a requirement? If an Indian passport holder is living abroad and they have a PCC for India (for whatever purpose) issued after the last time they left India, then that should suffice correct?

The purpose of PCC being Canada immigration is not specified anywhere as a a necessity.. can someone clarify please?
When you apply for PCC from outside India, they ask the purpose for this PCC. The PCC should state that the purpose as visa/immigration to Canada.

Reactions: ns317

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
When you apply for PCC from outside India, they ask the purpose for this PCC. The PCC should state that the purpose as visa/immigration to Canada.
I'm an Indian citizen and I had applied for PCC from outside India couple of months back and they did not ask for purpose. It's just a form with basic details that you fill and submit to VFS. The PCC that I got issued states the name of the country where I'm currently residing as 'issued for X country'.

My point is that since IRCC specifies that once you leave a country (say, India), one can use a PCC that was issued after you last left the country, then by extension it could be a PCC that was obtained for a purpose other than Canada migration.. That's how I interpret it. So why would one need a PCC that explicitly states 'for Canada migration'?

SolwayFirth

Sep 4, 2019
Australia
I'm an Indian citizen and I had applied for PCC from outside India couple of months back and they did not ask for purpose. It's just a form with basic details that you fill and submit to VFS. The PCC that I got issued states the name of the country where I'm currently residing as 'issued for X country'.

My point is that since IRCC specifies that once you leave a country (say, India), one can use a PCC that was issued after you last left the country, then by extension it could be a PCC that was obtained for a purpose other than Canada migration.. That's how I interpret it. So why would one need a PCC that explicitly states 'for Canada migration'?
Of course they do ask the purpose when you fill the online form, at least they do in Australia. Besides if your PCC states that it was 'issued for X country', it means it was issued for that country X only. I assume this PCC must be for a requirement for a visa or something. Different countries have different depths of disclosure requirements for their immigration.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Of course they do ask the purpose when you fill the online form, at least they do in Australia. Besides if your PCC states that it was 'issued for X country', it means it was issued for that country X only. I assume this PCC must be for a requirement for a visa or something. Different countries have different depths of disclosure requirements for their immigration.
Hmm, I'm guessing then that the consular service requirements vary from country to country. I'm currently in South Africa, and this form - https://www.vfsglobal.com/India/Southafrica/pdf/PCC-application-form.pdf - is the only form to be filled for a PCC application. Along with this you submit your residence proof etc.

Anyway, coming back to IRCC requirements - they state that your PCC needs to be issued after you last left the country. As I said, that leaves it open for it to be a PCC issued for ANY purpose - and not specifically for Canada. For instance if someone left India in 2015 and got a PCC issued in 2016 January for a particular purpose and has never gone back to India since, by definition that PCC should be valid for express entry immigration even today. Is anyone aware of any situation/experience where this has not been the case?

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021

Yes, CIC doesn't specify that there should be a purpose. Since u said u r indian passport holder, i felt that you and I will likely have same PCC. In my case, i applied online and it asked for a purpose and country for which it is required and the issued PCC states both.

Reactions: ns317

ahsanshahbaz

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
U r right mate. It did happen a month back and they returned to work only yesterday. I hope that the draw happens and they maintain a consistency.
I still don't think draw was delayed due to civic day on Monday. As in 2018 Civic Day was on 6th August and draw happened on 8th Aug. It was more link to Ontario Nominations then a holiday I believe.

Reactions: EnthuChap

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Yes, CIC doesn't specify that there should be a purpose. Since u said u r indian passport holder, i felt that you and I will likely have same PCC. In my case, i applied online and it asked for a purpose and country for which it is required and the issued PCC states both.
Got it, thanks. It definitely looks like different consulates have different formats of application. Logically, they shouldn't have a problem accepting a PCC with an alternate purpose.

Reactions: EnthuChap