+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 128th Draw

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Current polls,
If liberal come back to power believe me by March 2020 all 440-450 people will be celebrating with champagne.

32%
Probability of the Liberals winning a majority
33%
Probability of the Liberals winning the most seats but not a majority
29%
Probability of the Conservatives winning the most seats but not a majority
6%
Probability of the Conservatives winning a majority
Why do you think it affects the pool so much? Liberals are here now, and the CRS is just going higher.
I love celebrating and champagne :) especially with my 452 score.

Reactions: Captain789

Captain789

May 27, 2018

Naxwell

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
It won't be lower than 460.

And if you check the general trend, the number of applications just keeps growing from 2015 and by 2020 the forecast shows the same growth (just like from 2018-2019), which means that the number won't drop. It might get lower in Dec-Feb by 453-456 - but that's it. https://www.cicnews.com/2019/10/latest-express-entry-draw-invites-3900-candidates-to-apply-for-canadian-permanent-residence-1012869.html#gs.9blqx2
Yeah, I feel this too.

Every one and their dog is applying for EE - and what's more - they all have Master's Degrees and 3 years work exp.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019

And if you check the general trend, the number of applications just keeps growing from 2015 and by 2020 the forecast shows the same growth (just like from 2018-2019), which means that the number won't drop. It might get lower in Dec-Feb by 453-456 - but that's it. https://www.cicnews.com/2019/10/latest-express-entry-draw-invites-3900-candidates-to-apply-for-canadian-permanent-residence-1012869.html#gs.9blqx2
I agree. The max drop I forecast is 455. That too post December.

Captain789

May 27, 2018
What I am surprised with is that according to the immitracker https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/ontario-human-capital-priorities-stream-tracker
Some people, who applied on the 2nd of Oct and the 14th of Sept have their application in assessment already...Few with the 10th and 11th of September are in the Assessment stage as well.

What's the difference between the Submitted status and AOR? Does it mean the email of payment etc?

MMUNEEBA

Sep 18, 2019

It hurts but it’s the reality. Saskatchewan and other provinces are conducting draws and ruining our dreams. What’s more I’ll lose 5 more points in January 2020 and my score will come down to 449. No hope will be left.

Captain789

May 27, 2018
It hurts but it’s the reality. Saskatchewan and other provinces are conducting draws and ruining our dreams. What’s more I’ll lose 5 more points in January 2020 and my score will come down to 449. No hope will be left.
My birthday is on the same month. 451 will be for me, so I know the feeling.

Captain789

May 27, 2018
OMG. That's harrowing.
I'm hoping the numbers dip a bit closer to the holidays and you make it!
Thank you. I am also keeping a small hope for the OINP, but, to be honest I am very exhausted with this experience and don't expect anything good anymore. I took Ielts 4 times and was so confident about my 456 that ordered all the certificates and papers that will expire by December/January. That's the problem with the EE is that it takes months to prepare certain certificates and you only have a limited number of days to submit documents to the Federal program later.

Because I lived abroad I had to be sure, so I have ordered 3 police certificates (in order to avoid bumps). Just to find a person to make fingerprints right for the FBI was a nightmare. Our local post did not want to send them for some reasons to the US! Then the police certificate from the UK did not want to arrive by the local post, it got lost, I had to order another one and it took me almost 2 months to get it. This, along with all the rest of the difficulties make me hopeless. My ex employer is very busy and I have asked him to be in touch in the summer to confirm my duties and the rest. But how can I make him stay alerted and wait for the call all the time? Yes, there are other colleagues, but still. :(:(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Reactions: hypervariate123
Sep 29, 2019
I tried. You
I also wanted to know the same. As far as I noted, its an extremely cold province with 250K population in its most densely populated city - Saskatoon. Job wise it may be preferable, given the less competition. Infrastructure not that great, life too slow in comparison to other provinces like Ontario/BC. Rents vary from CAD650 - 850 in Downtown Saskatoon. Saakatoon & Regina are more well known cities out of all others in the province, and the former is more known for its university. Rest, for any technical points, I would invite my fellow participants to add if they know better.
Thank you
I tried, but it seems you are not allowed to make a profile unless you have 3 years of work experience, family in Saskatchewan or a job offer. They filter people with a scoring system

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Thank you. I am also keeping a small hope for the OINP, but, to be honest I am very exhausted with this experience and don't expect anything good anymore. I took Ielts 4 times and was so confident about my 456 that ordered all the certificates and papers that will expire by December/January. That's the problem with the EE is that it takes months to prepare certain certificates and you only have a limited number of days to submit documents to the Federal program later.

Because I lived abroad I had to be sure and I need 3 police certificates (in order to avoid bumps). Just to find a person to make fingerprints right for the FBI was a nightmare. Our local post did not want to send them for some reasons to the US! Then the police certificate from the UK did not want to arrive by the local post, it got lost, I had to order another one and it took me almost 2 months to get it. This, along with all the rest of the difficulties make me hopeless. My ex employer is very busy and I have asked him to be in touch in the summer to confirm my duties and the rest. But how can I make him stay alerted and wait for the call all the time? Yes, there are other colleague, but still. :(:(:(:(:(
Oh god - I can completely understand.

I applied for the first time in 2018 (after finally getting ITA) and I had made a mistake in my application and it got rejected for being incomplete. Then another harrowing wait later, ITA and another application.

I had to redo PCCs, medicals - thankfully the ECA/IELTS were still valid!