+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 127th Draw

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
I am at 454 and I’m thinking on the same line. But my question is most Canada Graduate program accepts Fall applications, so if one plans to apply now, one would get admitted in around August/September 2020.

Suppose I am looking for a one year Graduate/Masters program then I will be graduating July/August 2021. What will be one’s chances of getting through the EE pool then? What if the Canada immigration policy alters altogether by August 2021? Or if the CRS scores happen to be skyrocketed? :(

Any thoughts??
I have also thought on this. But you will also be getting a work permit for one year after completing your course. Secondly, having a Canadian degree and work experience will be more beneficial than sitting here and waiting for the CRS to drop. In my case atleast, I have almost maxed out IELTS and I am going to be 34 next month and already have a masters equivalency from IQAS. The only other option is to learn French but that will also take a year or two to get the required bands in TCF or TEF.

Reactions: TD0911

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Hi guys,

So I have worked with a client (as a freelancer) between April 29, 2019 and September 8 2019 on a skilled job in NOC Code B and client will have no problem providing letters.

My questions is that the total amount of hours I worked with this client is 981 hours in these 19 weeks.

Will I be able to count only 19 weeks or (981/30) = 32.7 weeks

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Hi guys,

So I have worked with a client (as a freelancer) between April 29, 2019 and September 8 2019 on a skilled job in NOC Code B and client will have no problem providing letters.

My questions is that the total amount of hours I worked with this client is 981 hours in these 19 weeks.

Will I be able to count only 19 weeks or (981/30) = 32.7 weeks
Just the 19 weeks. Any overtime is not counted.
While I could be wrong, I'm picking it up from where they say that 2 full time jobs for a year can only count as 1 year of experience, not 2.

TD0911

Sep 5, 2019
Grad programs and enrolling in education is always a good idea IMO if you are thinking of immigration (and are able to financially take that step). Things won't change drastically that you won't have any path to immigration, and even if things do change, there will always be some options for people who study or work there.
Thanks @hypervariate123 trying to weigh pros and cons here. I already have 2 Masters degree, so taking the route for 3rd Masters is bit difficult a choice but have to eventually go for it I guess if that’s the only alternative.

TD0911

Sep 5, 2019
I have also thought on this. But you will also be getting a work permit for one year after completing your course. Secondly, having a Canadian degree and work experience will be more beneficial than sitting here and waiting for the CRS to drop. In my case atleast, I have almost maxed out IELTS and I am going to be 34 next month and already have a masters equivalency from IQAS. The only other option is to learn French but that will also take a year or two to get the required bands in TCF or TEF.

@Priyanka2010 yes I’m kind of in the same boat. I’m 34, I have max clb in IELTS, and already have 2 masters. I have basically maxed out my options of increasing CRS score.

Question: does 1.5 years Masters in Canada also grant a work permit of 1 year or upto 3 years? I read somewhere 8-12 months course grants a 1 year work permit. For longer courses the work permit can be upto 3 years?

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
@Priyanka2010 yes I’m kind of in the same boat. I’m 34, I have max clb in IELTS, and already have 2 masters. I have basically maxed out my options of increasing CRS score.

Question: does 1.5 years Masters in Canada also grant a work permit of 1 year or upto 3 years? I read somewhere 8-12 months course grants a 1 year work permit. For longer courses the work permit can be upto 3 years?
My course is for 12 months which will get me a one year work permit. Also, my spouse and kid can also come along and they will get a work permit and study permit respectively. I am not aware of any extended work permit for courses above 1 year duration. Can other members on the forum please share any onforminfor on this.

tonydlaw24

Feb 15, 2019
Hi, your dates do provide a bit more background to your problem. When was the PCC issued? If it was issued after 01/01/2016 you should be good as per the requirements on the IRCC website.

Please go through below thread. It looks like the key is to explain that Qatar will not issue PCC for stay during visit visa

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/qatar-pcc-for-visit-visa-period.551832/
I believe the period between the 8th and 19th of August 2013 in which you exited after 3 months and re-entered is too short and are those exit and re-entry dates stamped on your passport?. I believe you should have processed the PCC to cover the entire period.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017

You need to complete 2 year full time course to get 3 year work permit. It doesn’t matter weather it’s advance diploma or masters. To get 3 year PGOWP you need minimum 2 year of studies

yg96

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......

my friend took a master's in Uni. of Windsor ( 16 months) he received a full 3 year work permit. the one you are talking about is for diploma so 1 year diploma will only land you with one year of PGWP hope it helps you understand better

matteis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Guys,

Last month, my wife, who is the principal applicant, changed her job. She is now working in a position that falls on a different NOC code compared to her previous job.

She has more than 6 years of experience in the "older" NOC and least than 4 months in the new one.

We haven't updated our EE profile yet with this new information.

Meanwhile, last week, we received a LOI from NB.

Questions:

Should we update EE profile with the new NOC, even that we will not claim any points for it?
Should we ignore this new job?
If the answer to the last question above is "NO", does she need to get a reference letter from her current employer or just from the previous one?

Manish Patel

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Last time cut off was 462, does it mean all the candidates/ most of candidates with score above 462 are clear from pool ?

cino86

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
USA
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
Doc's Request.
14-062019
Off topic, but Good Luck to all in the Skilled Trades Draw, assuming that happens this week.