+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 127th Draw

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Friends I need an advice there is a question in ITA Application
Has xxxxxxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I have previously got a refusal for my study permit for Canada when I have applied for an advance diploma and then I have change my program and college and in another attempt, my study permit for Canada got approved. Do I have to select yes for this and give them an explanation that I have previously got refusal on my study permit for Canada and then I have received my study permit when I have changed my program or I will select no for this field?

Anyone more experience?

Also, a small another question I have regarding travel history do I have to mention about my Canada travel history as well as it is my residence and as I have heard I do not have to mention my residence and citizenship country history.
yes, you need to mark yes for the permit denial question.

If you are a resident of a place you don't have to include that in travel history

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Also, do I have to select yes to the first one or second one as both the question looks the same? for the denial of my study permit previously

d) Has xxxxxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country

e) Has xxxxxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Appreciate for your quick response sir, is this affect my permanent residency application or not?
no it will not affect your application as long as you're truthful.

Not disclosing it and then IRCC finding out about it will definitely get your application a lot more scrutiny.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Also, do I have to select yes to the first one or second one as both the question looks the same? for the denial of my study permit previously

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?
You will answer yes to both questions. And give the same explanation in each. I literally copy pasted my explanation from d into e.

Reactions: Piyush5767

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
You will answer yes to both questions. And give the same explanation in each. I literally copy pasted my explanation from d into e.
So sir after giving reason your pr application got approved previously, just curious to know
Also why to yes in both the section, doesn't it confuse the immigration officer

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
yes, my PR application got approved in May (took about 6 months).

I don't think it will confuse the officer? Why will it? You're just telling the truth. You asked to be admitted to Canada on a student permit but were refused (question e).

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
So sir after giving reason your pr application got approved previously, just curious to know
Also why to yes in both the section, doesn't it confuse the immigration officer
If you got just a refusal for a visa request then say YES to the section D.

If you have been ordered to leave a country or denied to entry to the territory of the visa issuance country after an initial visa request approval, then NO to the section E.

There is a difference between those 2 sections.

Reactions: Piyush5767

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016

If you have been ordered to leave a country or denied to entry to the territory of the visa issuance country after an initial visa request approval, then NO to the section E.

Thanks to both of you, appreciate your time and response.

Sir, my study permit got refused a long time ago and then it got approved when I change my college and program so do I have to select yes to only
D option right?

d) Has xxxxxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country

as study permit is also a TRV and leaves option e as NO? is that make sense?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

I actually answered the same to both questions. It was literally copy paste :p

I can see your point though.

I didn't know it meant refusal after initial visa approval. They could have been clearer probably.

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
yes, my PR application got approved in May (took about 6 months).

I don't think it will confuse the officer? Why will it? You're just telling the truth. You asked to be admitted to Canada on a student permit but were refused (question e).
Ok I have mention yes to both the questions and also include reason under explanation section do I need to submit IMM 5669 E Schedule A - Background / Declaration form with it in my LOE or there is no need, I am just submitting my application.