+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 125th Draw

expressTarun

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hi dear,
I think before that question, there will be a question like "Is your spouse or common-law partner a citizen or permanent resident of Canada?" and if she answer yes, the accompanying question will not appear.
that is not the case. She has updated her profile form single to Married. Next question asked is
1. whether spouse will accompany the primary applicant?
2. Whether Spouse is Candian Citizen or Permanent resident.- YES

My question is what should be answer to first question?

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
that is not the case. She has updated her profile form single to Married. Next question asked is
1. whether spouse will accompany the primary applicant?
2. Whether Spouse is Candian Citizen or Permanent resident.- YES

My question is what should be answer to first question?
I think the answer to Q1 should be "No" , dear..because I believe the "accompanying" in the first question means that you gonna be the second applicant or dependent and will be included in her PR proses.

You are already PR so you don't need another PR status, right

I still don't understand how they put the questions the other way around.

Reactions: Angel1113

expressTarun

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
I think the answer to Q1 should be "No" , dear..because I believe the "accompanying" in the first question means that you gonna be the second applicant or dependent and will be included in her PR proses.

You are already PR so you don't need another PR status, right

I still don't understand how they put the questions the other way around.
Yes. this is what i feel. answer should be NO. I am not accompanying her as a dependent. I am already a PR. I am getting mixed feedback here. Not sure what to chose. But one thing that is bothering me is, if i select Yes then it reduces our points considerably.

Reactions: Dheana90

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes. this is what i feel. answer should be NO. I am not accompanying her as a dependent. I am already a PR. I am getting mixed feedback here. Not sure what to chose. But one thing that is bothering me is, if i select Yes then it reduces our points considerably.
If you are still confused, try to call CIC or ask on their twitter account.

I strongly believe that the answer should be "No" because you are PR already and no need to be her secondary applicany or dependent spouse to get PR again.

Last edited:

ahsanshahbaz

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
If you are still confused, try to call CIC or ask on their twitter account.

I strongly believe that the answer should be "No" because you are PR already and won't be PR already and no need to be her secondary applicany or dependent spouse to get PR.
Right after married it asks you if your spouse is Canadian PR holder answer yes and accompanying questions goes out of the box

expressTarun

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Right after married it asks you if your spouse is Canadian PR holder answer yes and accompanying questions goes out of the box
That doesnt happen. order of the questions is what i've mentioned...

first it asks whether Spouse is accompanying to canada then if spouse is Candian citizen or PR.

Reactions: Dheana90