+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 124th Draw

Gsaggy

Jul 15, 2019
Getting an OINP nomination guarantees you an ITA.....outside of that..not much difference if you already planned to go there, you'd just have to wait longer for an ITA, especially if you have a sub 460 score.
Thanks for the response. I was anyways planning to go to Toronto. But, I read on a forum that you have to live in Ontario for at least 2years before you move to another province, if you are going via OINP. And that you might have to apply for different PR number once you complete 2years, which enables you to move anywhere in Canada. Is this true?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for the response. I was anyways planning to go to Toronto. But, I read on a forum that you have to live in Ontario for at least 2years before you move to another province, if you are going via OINP. And that you might have to apply for different PR number once you complete 2years, which enables you to move anywhere in Canada. Is this true?
there is no rule that you have to stay in ontario if you get nominated. you can move if you tried for a job, cant find one in ontario and get an offer in another province. better have a good reason. the different PR number is Bvllshyt. nothing like that exists.

Reactions: EnthuChap

Gsaggy

Jul 15, 2019
there is no rule that you have to stay in ontario if you get nominated. you can move if you tried for a job, cant find one in ontario and get an offer in another province. better have a good reason. the different PR number is Bvllshyt. nothing like that exists.
Thanks for the guidance.

lignumvitae

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
1. This one seems to be a good option as Cic gives priorities to outland family sponsorship --> As per my knowledge i won't be able to apply this as I am still in India, and she is also in india. I am not sure if i'd be able to apply Family Sponsorship as of now.
2. Not a bad idea either since this occupation is in demand. She might get a nomination soon enough. Try getting her Express Entry profile in as soon as possible.-- EE profile is already there, waiting for OINP or federal to bring down the score.
3. A visitor visa is a lengthy process. --> Thats true.
1. You are right, you need to be physically present in Canada to sponsor her
2. Thats perfect then, pray that either the score drops or she gets a PNP

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Believe me or not, I don't think the CRS will drop below 457 this year because there are tons of NOI issued by different provinces

These people will contribute to the 600+ group evenly throughout the year

Other factors such as tons of people from USA and Hong Kong recently and the election is coming up in October (Trudeau is not looking good on SNC case and conservative is leading now ). Conservative won't cancel any immigration program but I am sure they will make the CRS maintain at high level.

I don't mind you hate me to spread the negativity and it is up to you to accept this reality or not.
Hmmmmmm. So earlier you were saying score will not drop below 455 and now changed to 457. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Your prediction is seriously doubtable, just my 2 cents you know.

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Hi
I had a thought about this PNPs and higher CRS. Its the fact that all this issued PNPs (around 7000) will be responsible for higher CRs score but is it possible that all who accepted PNP will be cleared from the 440-450 and some from 450-460 resulting in good decline in CRS score when B2B occurs??? Not from 460 to 435 but may be if 5000 from 7000 accept PNP and 3700 gets approved still there is a chance that score will remain high till OCT and if they choose to have B2B with 3900 ITAs in DEC or JAN score will drop on its own!!!

Any expert advice on this!!
Constructive ideas please.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Stuck at 458 now...will go for last IELTS this Sunday....if its not good....will convert to spouse non accompanying....no other option left.... all 3 of us are in toronto and have visa till July 2020....once my & kids PR is done...will sponsor spouse thereafter.....if required will send spouse back to home country. Cant wait more and take more stress. Already 35 :(
Dont worry sir. In a year or so they will be back, permanently :).

Gsaggy

Jul 15, 2019
If I accept OINP, will my profile still be eligible for EE Federal draws? I am currently at 456 and hoping to get 15 more sibling points by October /November.

ahsanshahbaz

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
A few questions:

1. If I set spouse non-accompanying in my EE Profile. Do I need to provide a explanation post-ITA as to why spouse is not coming with me to Canada?

2. How much time after landing I can sponsor my Spouse?

3. Can spouse/dependent children get a visit visa after I land in Canada? and is it possible to apply for spouse sponsorship when they are in Canada on Visit Visa as inland applicant?

Appreciate your responses as I am seriously evaluating non-accompanying spouse so it can give my CRS a boost that may give me 460 CRS points instead of 458 (with-Accompanying spouse).

Last edited:

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
For the score to be at 464 there needs to be at least 1800 pnp nominations within 9 days and you think it is possible to have 1800 nominees in 9 days. This is actually impossible so 464 is also impossible to see as a cutoff in the 21st draw.

Mark my word that there will be a draw on 21st August and the cutoff will be between 459-461 at max. Thanks
If draw was held on 7th, biweekly draw will be on 21st ie, after 14 days.
And 24th July and 7th August have a gap of 14 days.
Now
if 24th Jul was 459
7th Aug approx 458
21 Aug approx 457-8
all in all, 1 or 2 point drop in 28 days.

Now, no draw happened on 7th but on 12th, 19 days, thus raising the cutoff score as more higher scoring applications were added to the pool.
If the next draw happens on 21st August, 9 days, why would the cutoff waver so much from 457-8 as higher scoring applicants will be lesser?
Considering addition of PNP applicants thus shifting the mean CRS higher, would it still cost 6 to 7 points?
As I understand, adding up 250-300 extra PNP applications in 9 days, the score should not go further than 461 at max.
A draw on 28th is a whole different mater.
Why are most people biased towards 464-5 even on 21st? I don't understand this.

Kenneth89

Jun 1, 2019
Of course there
This online service will be unavailable from 1:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday August 20, 2019, in order to perform system maintenance.

There is a maintenance session of 20th August on cic website, so it might be possible that we can have a draw on Wednesday.

Of course there's a draw, 100% certain

lignumvitae

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
A few questions:

1. If I set spouse non-accompanying in my EE Profile. Do I need to provide a explanation post-ITA as to why spouse is not coming with me to Canada?

3. Can spouse/dependent children get a visit visa after I land in Canada? and is it possible to apply for spouse sponsorship when they are in Canada on Visit Visa as inland applicant?

Appreciate your responses as I am seriously evaluating non-accompanying spouse so it can give my CRS a boost that may give me 460 CRS points instead of 458 (with-Accompanying spouse).
Brother from Pakistan, I believe you are safe and carry on with your application as spouse accompanying.

1. You dont need to disclose any information as to why your spouse is non accompanying. The only requirements CIC has is Medical and Police clearance (PCC) even for those dependents who are non accompanying.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=988&top=4

2. As soon as you receive your Permanent Resident (PR) card

3. Visitors visa is a lengthy process, you might be able to sponsor her earlier rather than getting a visitor visa

P.S. You should carry on with your Express Entry (EE) application as spouse accompanying. You have good Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS)

Reactions: Ilyushin76

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Brother from Pakistan, I believe you are safe and carry on with your application as spouse accompanying.

1. You dont need to disclose any information as to why your spouse is non accompanying. The only requirements CIC has is Medical and Police clearance (PCC) even for those dependents who are non accompanying.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=988&top=4

2. As soon as you receive your Permanent Resident (PR) card

3. Visitors visa is a lengthy process, you might be able to sponsor her earlier rather than getting a visitor visa

P.S. You should carry on with your Express Entry (EE) application as spouse accompanying. You have good Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS)
Spot on.

Reactions: lignumvitae

ItheLord

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
A few questions:

If the difference in points is only 2, you should have your spouse accompanying. It would be so much better for you to have your spouse with you during such a life changing move.