+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 124th Draw

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020
Hey guys,

About OINP, I just searched on their website and apparently they have issued almost 4500 nominations out of their 6650 quota this year by Aug 9, and more are ongoing as most of July 12 NOIs and all of Aug 1 and Aug 15 NOIs will get approved in the coming 3 months. If I didn’t get it wrong, once Ontario reaches its 6650 quota they won’t be accepting new OINP applications any more, even if some NOIs might still be within 45 calendar days.

So with the rest 2100+ nominations, when do you think Ontario will reach its quota? I planned to accept the NOI by end of Sep but now I’m kind of worried if OINP is still open by then. Any predictions or analysis from seniors and experts on this?

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Brother from Pakistan, I believe you are safe and carry on with your application as spouse accompanying.

1. You dont need to disclose any information as to why your spouse is non accompanying. The only requirements CIC has is Medical and Police clearance (PCC) even for those dependents who are non accompanying.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=988&top=4

2. As soon as you receive your Permanent Resident (PR) card

3. Visitors visa is a lengthy process, you might be able to sponsor her earlier rather than getting a visitor visa

P.S. You should carry on with your Express Entry (EE) application as spouse accompanying. You have good Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS)
CIC will for sure ask for spouse non-accompanying reasons, but yea it is legal and allowed. And secondly, visitor visa is not a lengthy process, in fact you can even do open work permit for your spouse if you are already PR and inland. Nonetheless, I agree 2 points difference is not worth taking the risk.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Can there be a possibility that high score inflow is reduced and there aren't many available in the pool after previous pnp approvals and hence they are doing this OINP sweep ups and skipping draws etc to give enough time for the pool to build? If that is the case, this high score is only temporary.

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020
A few questions:

1. If I set spouse non-accompanying in my EE Profile. Do I need to provide a explanation post-ITA as to why spouse is not coming with me to Canada?

2. How much time after landing I can sponsor my Spouse?

3. Can spouse/dependent children get a visit visa after I land in Canada? and is it possible to apply for spouse sponsorship when they are in Canada on Visit Visa as inland applicant?

Appreciate your responses as I am seriously evaluating non-accompanying spouse so it can give my CRS a boost that may give me 460 CRS points instead of 458 (with-Accompanying spouse).
If I were you I might not change to spouse not accompanying for just 2 pts increase. Unless there are other reasons e.g. losing age pts very soon and this is the last chance. Why don’t you explore some other options like improving IELTS from CLB9 to 10 on any single attribute will give you 3 more pts.

Spouse sponsorship rejection rate is rather low so getting spouse sponsorship PR in most cases is only a matter of time, but it would take 12 months to proceed after your landing and there might be other uncertainties during the process such as visitor’s visa got rejected and have to be apart from each other for a whole year... and the sponsor cannot leave Canada for too long during the processing time... also the wait can be very exhausting itself while you could have planned and enjoyed your new life together if you both get PR the same time. Anyway just a couple of my thoughts. I’m just saying 2 pts difference seems not worth it.

Reactions: lignumvitae

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
This online service will be unavailable from 1:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday August 20, 2019, in order to perform system maintenance.

There is a maintenance session of 20th August on cic website, so it might be possible that we can have a draw on Wednesday.

On 7th August the draw was about to take place but certainly there was a very worse kind of glitch in the system which disabled them to have a draw and the draw took place on 12th August.

Hence, to avoid any further interruption on the draw date of 21st August the system will be made to go through maintenance.

EVERYONE LETS PRAY FOR A DRAW ON 21ST AUGUST WITH 3900 ITA SO THAT WE SEE THE CUTOFF TO GET DOWN TO 459 AGAIN

Can_2017

Apr 23, 2017
Is it possible to swap primary and secondary applicants without creating a new profile...can somebody please help?

lignumvitae

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
CIC will for sure ask for spouse non-accompanying reasons, but yea it is legal and allowed. And secondly, visitor visa is not a lengthy process, in fact you can even do open work permit for your spouse if you are already PR and inland. Nonetheless, I agree 2 points difference is not worth taking the risk.
Well that depends on case to case. Mostly, it does not matter to them. And if you compare it with spousal sponsorship, a visit visa is a lengthy process especially when you are from a country which is not well reputed world wide. Look at it in broader perspective.

Kenneth89

Jun 1, 2019
On 7th August the draw was about to take place but certainly there was a very worse kind of glitch in the system which disabled them to have a draw and the draw took place on 12th August.

Hence, to avoid any further interruption on the draw date of 21st August the system will be made to go through maintenance.

EVERYONE LETS PRAY FOR A DRAW ON 21ST AUGUST WITH 3900 ITA SO THAT WE SEE THE CUTOFF TO GET DOWN TO 459 AGAIN

There's a draw bro and congratulations as u get your ITA

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020
Is it possible to swap primary and secondary applicants without creating a new profile...can somebody please help?
Don’t think it’s possible. It does’t seem to allow you to change the identity of primary applicant while staying in the pool.

Reactions: Can_2017

Ontherock

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Hmm....if all goes well....I can start process of inland spouse sponshorsip before visa expire next year in july....on the other hand I can parallel apply for spouse open work permit......

Dont worry sir. In a year or so they will be back, permanently :).